10-30-10, 07:48 PM   #1
orionlethe13
A Murloc Raider
Holy UI Clutter Batman!

Ok, I just installed nUI the other day, and I am BLOWN AWAY with how good it is. My only problem is the hud. I know the whole idea of nUI is to eliminate all the addons, and before I disable the Hud and install a different one. WHat should I do, all suggestions are welcome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_102910_172058.jpeg
Views:	1080
Size:	394.5 KB
ID:	5147  

10-30-10, 07:54 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can change the hud to a simple hud .. if you want to cut back on mid screen display. I've been starting to use that myself and its taking time to get used to what is on show.

Just toggle through the hud button at the top of the screen .. you can even turn the hud off ( visually ). Whether you can disable the hud entirely is unlikely but only Scott can tell you that.

10-30-10, 07:59 PM   #3
orionlethe13
A Murloc Raider
Problems I have identified so far:

1. The runes are way too small, and I can't tell if the are on cool down or available, can they be hidden?
2. Every ability a Death Knight uses has a cool down, because it is based on Runes, therefore when my rune's are on CD the cool down bar goes NUTS....what can I do to restrict what CD's are show? While I am at it, can I make the CD icons larger?
3. The timer bars are overlapping (obvious problem).
4. Can i remove the Range Display, I dont need it
5. Can I disable the cool down text, I dont need that either
6. Can I remove Target of Target on the Hud, its useless for a tank

Last edited by orionlethe13 : 10-30-10 at 08:08 PM.

10-30-10, 08:01 PM   #4
orionlethe13
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
You can change the hud to a simple hud .. if you want to cut back on mid screen display. I've been starting to use that myself and its taking time to get used to what is on show.

Just toggle through the hud button at the top of the screen .. you can even turn the hud off ( visually ). Whether you can disable the hud entirely is unlikely but only Scott can tell you that.
I like having a good Hud, I am used to IceHUD, I just need help organizing it.

10-30-10, 08:35 PM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Most of your questions are solvable I think ..

nUI is made up of the code files and the layout files. Quite a bit of the layout of nUI can be adjusted to suit your tastes but it can take patience and practise to get it perfect.

So, take a look at the files in the layouts folders for your chosen hud option and check to see what sections can be disabled ( enabled = false ) or resized ( btnSize = ??? ) or moved ( xOfs = ??? yOfs = ??? ). They can be changed while playing and just needs a reload of the UI ( /nui rl ) to refreh the layout to reflect your changes.

Some people have delved into that part a hell of a lot whilst others very little.

10-30-10, 10:05 PM   #6
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by orionlethe13 View Post
Problems I have identified so far:

1. The runes are way too small, and I can't tell if the are on cool down or available, can they be hidden?
You can change the scale of the HUD using '/nui hud scale {n}' - so make it '/nui hud scale 1.25 to make it 25% larger... you'll likely want to use '/nui hud vofs {n}' after that to change the vertical offset as well.

2. Every ability a Death Knight uses has a cool down, because it is based on Runes, therefore when my rune's are on CD the cool down bar goes NUTS....what can I do to restrict what CD's are show? While I am at it, can I make the CD icons larger?
Changing the scale of the HUD will also change the scale of the cooldown bar. The command '/nui hud cdmin 10' will fix your problem with the DK rune cooldowns. (also works for hunter trap cooldowns)

3. The timer bars are overlapping (obvious problem).
This is a known bug.

4. Can i remove the Range Display, I dont need it
Edit [ Interface >AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > HUD Layouts > nUI_HUDSkin_{hud mode}_Target.lua ] and locate the ["Range"] section, then set "enabled = true" to "enabled = false" and you should be all set.

5. Can I disable the cool down text, I dont need that either
Simple slash command... '/nui hud cdalert' - you might want to see http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21199 for a list of all slash commands.

6. Can I remove Target of Target on the Hud, its useless for a tank
Yes and no... you would have to edit the HUD layout to remove it... and you can't do that for just one toon. Also, since I too play a tank, I disagree it's not needed... you need to know when a boss drops aggro and where to intervene. But, if you must, edit the nUI_HUDLayout_{hud mode} file, locate the tot section and disable it.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-31-10, 04:10 AM   #7
Seer
A Molten Giant
Just wanted to point out when (if?) blizzard fixes the water and viewport bug that transparent dashboard is going to look "ugly".

Looks kinda nice now tho.

10-31-10, 07:55 PM   #8
orionlethe13
A Murloc Raider
I think I am just about where I wanted to be, thanks for the help. I like a minimalistic UI........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_103110_214939.jpeg
Views:	979
Size:	285.9 KB
ID:	5153  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_103110_215040.jpeg
Views:	967
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	5154  

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Customizing Layouts » Holy UI Clutter Batman!