10-22-08, 10:13 AM   #41
Caellian
A Frostmaul Preserver

Yes.

But even without an override, it shouldn't be doing that, right ?
I think it's either self.Power.colorClass or colorReaction btw.

Speaking about the offline issue, not the ghost, that one isn't important.

10-22-08, 10:15 AM   #42
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
color* only does coloring, and nothing else. I'm pretty uncertain what your actual issue is however.

10-22-08, 10:35 AM   #43
Caellian
A Frostmaul Preserver

If that can help you track it down.

Link to layout

10-22-08, 10:46 AM   #44
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
I'm still uncertain about what your issue is. Neither do you attempt to do any value overriding on power as you said.

10-22-08, 10:50 AM   #45
Caellian
A Frostmaul Preserver

Oh nono, that was just a try, this above is the actual layout, but i did try with
Code:
		elseif(not UnitIsConnected(unit)) then
			bar:SetValue(0)
			bar.value:SetText()
That didn't do a thing.

10-29-08, 02:00 AM   #46
Blood Druid
A Fallenroot Satyr
New bug report posted linked with SetAttribute in a patch 3.0

10-29-08, 03:59 AM   #47
grimman
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by lodewijk View Post
if thats the case than i honestly do not understand what all those layouts are doing flooding the download section of this site.
You mean other than that they're fully functional and original addons that do exactly what the author intended them to do, that the author then decided to share with people who were interested? I suppose other than that they aren't doing anything.
Bear in mind, you are completely free NOT to download them. In fact, I would go so far as to say you don't have to download a single addon, and as such you can safely ignore them in the listing. </grump>

11-02-08, 01:20 PM   #48
Ovario
An Aku'mai Servant
A plead...

Hello:

I just picked up the RothUI compilation yesterday and am thrilled with it. I've been aching for something this good ever since Discord went bye-bye long ago.

A lot of people, myself included, don't understand (or want to understand) LUA coding. And as much as we love you and others for putting out quality oUF layouts and plugins, PLEASE:

Give us an in-game GUI, even if it means simple things like positioning, scaling, etc. Again, I really really love the addon, but a lack of user-friendly customization is slowly becoming a turn off. Any hopes for the future?

Keep up the great work.

EDIT: The reasoning for my post in the first place was about scaling. I run at 1680x1050, and have to keep my UI scale high to have the orbs/action bars to a good size. This unfortunately makes the rest of my UI windows a fairly annoying/bordering on gigantic size, causing me to scale down EVERYTHING else except oUF to compensate.

Last edited by Ovario : 11-02-08 at 01:22 PM.

11-02-08, 01:25 PM   #49
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
No, there won't be a in-game configuration internally in oUF. The scope of oUF is really just to handle updating of elements, and let the layouts handle the rest.

Which also means that your scale issue is related to the layout, and not the oUF core :).

11-02-08, 01:58 PM   #50
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Ovario View Post
Hello:

I just picked up the RothUI compilation yesterday and am thrilled with it. I've been aching for something this good ever since Discord went bye-bye long ago.

A lot of people, myself included, don't understand (or want to understand) LUA coding. And as much as we love you and others for putting out quality oUF layouts and plugins, PLEASE:

Give us an in-game GUI, even if it means simple things like positioning, scaling, etc. Again, I really really love the addon, but a lack of user-friendly customization is slowly becoming a turn off. Any hopes for the future?

Keep up the great work.

EDIT: The reasoning for my post in the first place was about scaling. I run at 1680x1050, and have to keep my UI scale high to have the orbs/action bars to a good size. This unfortunately makes the rest of my UI windows a fairly annoying/bordering on gigantic size, causing me to scale down EVERYTHING else except oUF to compensate.
If you dont want to learn Lua, use a different addon.

Originally Posted by haste View Post
The case is however: oUF is aimed towards add-on authors, who already have experience with the WoW API and Lua. Which means the bar is already put pretty high. The common user already have a bunch of alternatives when it comes to unit frames (ag_unitframes, pitbull, sage to mention the most common). These all provide a varying degree of customization.

11-02-08, 02:02 PM   #51
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
If you dont want to learn Lua, use a different addon.
That's the wrong attitude really. It's fully possible to have in-game options and use oUF as a base, just that no-one does it publicly yet.

11-02-08, 02:05 PM   #52
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by haste View Post
That's the wrong attitude really. It's fully possible to have in-game options and use oUF as a base, just that no-one does it publicly yet.
Yeah of course its possible to make a GUI based layout for oUF, but its not something at least I intend to do.

Though, I heard some guy were working on that, so you never know.

11-04-08, 11:18 AM   #53
Bruners
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

In game positioning should be handled by oUF and not the layout.
The layout could contain a check or oUF itself to check if any saved vars containing positioning are set and decide if the layout's positioning should be used or not.

Or remove positioning from the layout completely and smack everything in center unless anything has been configured in-game.

11-04-08, 11:30 AM   #54
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Bruners View Post
In game positioning should be handled by oUF and not the layout.
The layout could contain a check or oUF itself to check if any saved vars containing positioning are set and decide if the layout's positioning should be used or not.

Or remove positioning from the layout completely and smack everything in center unless anything has been configured in-game.
No. (message too short)

11-04-08, 12:19 PM   #55
Bruners
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
No. (message too short)
because it would be better if all layouts had their own code for in game positioning system?

11-04-08, 12:34 PM   #56
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Bruners View Post
because it would be better if all layouts had their own code for in game positioning system?
Yes, either that or a plugin.

11-04-08, 01:58 PM   #57
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Seriously p3lim, stop spreading your personal opinion as the general opinion of oUF. Your statement is invalid (in this case), and in most (if not all) it's my opinion that matters.

There is however a related feature request for this: http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...featureid=3012

11-09-08, 05:49 AM   #58
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Hey Haste?

You've removed the .Name in 1.3, which is perfectly fine by me, only - now I can't customize my names anymore. Basically, I shorten my names and color them on class or reaction.

11-09-08, 05:57 AM   #59
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
You can re-add it from your layout. The name updating oUF did was a total of four lines of code . It was removed since tags will replace it, and it was never intended to be anything advance.

The commit should tell you pretty much what you need to do.

You don't need to insert it as an element of course. You could just add the event handler and register the event in your layout.

11-09-08, 06:34 AM   #60
MoonWitch
A Firelord
ANd with that, I give up. Seroiusly, the little time I have to play, I spend trying to get my layout to work fine again. I love oUF, but I give up.

self.TaggedStrings = {self.Name} since that's how my name string is called, just happily shows [name] (just like the other registered tags when I add them to TaggedStrings)

Edit: I don't give up because you removed .Name or told me to re-add it manually. I am just painfully tired of trying to write half-assed decent code, failing miserably, feeling inadequate to even post in a dev thread, etc etc. And right now, all that stops me from throwing all pc bs I have through the dang window is the knowledge that I need it for work.

Last edited by MoonWitch : 11-09-08 at 06:49 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » oUF - General discussion