12-16-10, 06:25 AM   #1
Nagousta
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Daily Quest Tracker?

Is this still possible?

I'm looking for an addon which just updates which dailys are available each day, and broadcasts it to anyone else on the server who has the addon. I have found Daily Quest Viewer, but it no longer seems to be working. The curse page for that addon states:

Due to 3.3's release and new group finder / random heroic features, I am discontinuing this addon and have no plans to continue development in the future.
How does the random heroic features affect daily quests?

Anyways, I'd love an addon to do this, because I'm almost exalted with Therazane, but want to continue to do the Pebble and Glop for the two achievements. It's additionally useful to keep track of which fishing quests are currently available in the old cities.
12-16-10, 07:34 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

The LFD system is related to dailies in that prior to its introduction, there was actually a daily quest to complete a specific dungeon, at each level. For instance, you could pick up one daily for a level 80 heroic dungeon, one daily for a level 80 regular dungeon, one daily for a level 70 heroic, and one for a level 70 regular. The daily level 80 heroic was the same for everyone on any given day.

When the LFD system was introduced, these daily quests were removed, to be replaced by the extra rewards granted for the first random dungeon you complete in each category. Thus, there was no longer any need to track which dungeon is the daily, since it's random on an individual basis rather than a server-wide basis.
12-16-10, 04:16 PM   #3
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
@Phanx: that's a valid answer to a different question. Yes the RDF changed the way the dungeon-dailies worked, but there's still tons of non-dungeon dailies that players need to track (even if it's on a piece of scrap paper on their desk). Cooking dailies for 3 expansions, if you're like my guildies trying to get the older achieves, Fishing dailies for 2-3 expansions. even dailies that are the same from day to day, if the addon tracks which alt has done which dailies, that can save a lot of unnecessary hopping around. Therazane, Wildhammer, Tol Barad. pvp dailies, raid weeklies.

I think OP only quoted what she did as an illustration of how long that one addon has been defunct. I used to use Daily Quest Tracker, but that's been broken for years and I gave up on it.

I, too, would love to know if there's a functioning version of a daily-quest-tracking addon. If not, I can just keep trying to keep track on paper.
12-16-10, 09:21 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Nagousta View Post
I'm looking for an addon which just updates which dailys are available each day, and broadcasts it to anyone else on the server who has the addon. ... How does the random heroic features affect daily quests? ... I'm almost exalted with Therazane, but want to continue to do the Pebble and Glop for the two achievements.
The OP asked how the LFD system affected daily quests. I explained how. I fail to see how my post was not answering the question as it was asked. I'm not psychic. If the question was rhetorical, or was intended to mean something totally different than what its actual words mean, well, I have no way to know that. I can only read what was written, and base my interpretation on the meaning of the words used.

As to the OP's other question: Yes, it would still be possible. To the unspoken question: No, I don't know of any other addons that do this.
12-17-10, 01:46 AM   #5
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
sadly, I somehow managed to read all sentences in OP's post except the one directly following her quoted block, where she does indeed ask how the rdf affects daily quests. That is a complete and epic fail on my part and I have no idea how I missed that. My apologies for failing hard at my native language : <.
12-27-10, 06:23 AM   #6
Nagousta
A Murloc Raider
Hi guys, thanks for the responses. Phanx' answers were indeed spot on.

I am sorry to hear that there don't seem to be any addons which can still do this. I politely request that any listening addon authors craft such an addon for the few months in which it will be very useful. It doesn't need to be fancy - I think the only dailies worth looking out for are glop, pebble, and crocolisks - it just needs to alert the user in some way after communicating with other users on the server.

Thanks.

Also... @Sanna - She? I'm a she? Called Nagousta? What kind of girls do you know?
12-29-10, 07:02 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
... Nagousta doesn't sound like an obviously masculine name to me... It even ends with an a.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-30-10, 02:32 PM   #8
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Nagousta View Post
Also... @Sanna - She? I'm a she? Called Nagousta? What kind of girls do you know?
I guess I know a lot of girls who have names that end in '-a' or other vowel sounds. i apologize for assuming you were a female based on a trailing -a on your name. I can see how that could be a rather culture-centric assumption to make.

just because i'm curious now, i will have to go read up on which cultures don't assume that -a = girl, or even that do assume that -a = boy. +1 irl xp?
12-30-10, 08:43 PM   #9
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Well, "Negusta" (which, allowing for lingual shift and spelling issues, could also be where he got his name from) used to be a title that meant something similar to "king".

Specifically, the empire of Axum (centered in what's now Ethiopia), called it's emperor the "Negusa Nagast", or "King of Kings", as there were several Kings subject to him (that the Axumites had conquered prior but allowed to keep their titles).
12-30-10, 10:33 PM   #10
Comicus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Now that's what a call a "thread" stealer !!!!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Daily Quest Tracker?