01-12-10, 12:44 AM   #1
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Combat tooltips not disabling?

I updated nUI today and have noticed that my action bar tooltips will not disable in combat despite resetting the setting in the interface options. Not sure if it's something I'm doing or not, but I thought I'd mention it.

01-12-10, 12:53 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Do you mean the standard blizzard interface options ? If so, it's possible that nUI isn't using those settings but instead using its own combat tips option.

Try this and see if that works.

/nUI combattips

I'm doing that from memory so may be off a bit. Typing /nUI should give you list of slash commands.

01-12-10, 02:59 AM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This is something I've also noticed. Mine have always been left to default. I just checked, it's still default (no tick in the box in nUI_GUI). It was also doing it in the previous version of nUI.... dummy me kept forgetting to report it. /hides

01-12-10, 07:46 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, strange. I know when I tested my LDB plugin out I tested every option that it triggered the nUI slash command. You know it works when the nUI slash commander returns with a message 'Your ... has been disabled' etc. But combattips in particular I am pretty sure I tested to make sure it really did but could be wrong. I'll re-test again.

01-12-10, 09:02 AM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yeah -- I've noticed this, as well... an on again off again thing. I'm not sure why, but I'm looking into it.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-12-10, 12:51 PM   #6
Seer
A Molten Giant
Well I'll be darned... That's what's bugging me since 3.3.. The damned tooltips..

Ah well, since it took this thread for me to notice what was bugging me I guess it's wasn't bugging much.

01-13-10, 12:08 PM   #7
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

If I check or uncheck the box in the options the "tooltips have been enabled/disabled" message appears in my chat window. I leave it at the default (disabled), have tried enabling and then disabling, doesn't really work. It's not a game breaker or anything, just something I thought I'd point out as it's distracting.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Combat tooltips not disabling?