10-14-10, 02:49 PM   #1
speak
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Buffalo replacement?

Hi, it looks like Buffalo has finally been broken for good, and won't be updated. Anyone know of a replacement mod that does what Buffalo did?

I really only need to have my buffs/debuffs shown as squares (never collapsed) and would like to scale their size down a bit, change the spacing between them, and move the whole buff frame up flush to the top of my screen and over towards my minimap.

Thanks for any ideas
10-14-10, 03:03 PM   #2
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I recommend PhanxBuffs or Aptus Aura Frames.
10-14-10, 03:09 PM   #3
nikapo
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by speak View Post
Hi, it looks like Buffalo has finally been broken for good, and won't be updated. Anyone know of a replacement mod that does what Buffalo did?

I really only need to have my buffs/debuffs shown as squares (never collapsed) and would like to scale their size down a bit, change the spacing between them, and move the whole buff frame up flush to the top of my screen and over towards my minimap.

Thanks for any ideas
I've also been recommended Raven. I'm using Satrina's Buff Frames but it's not updated; fortunately, a couple people have posted some hotfixes in the comments. I'll probably try Raven if I can't get SBF to work.
10-14-10, 10:32 PM   #4
Farook
A Molten Giant

SBF has been updated now.
10-14-10, 11:11 PM   #5
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Originally Posted by speak View Post

Thanks for any ideas
If you want something just like Buffalo, check out Bison
http://www.wowace.com/addons/bison/

If you want something new, check out all the other addons the above posters mentioned.
10-15-10, 01:13 AM   #6
Luzzifus
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Bison doesn't work currently. No errors, but buffs are not showing up either.
10-15-10, 12:44 PM   #7
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
I downloaded Bison yesterday and my buffs were showing up on it.
10-15-10, 02:14 PM   #8
Kamikaze_Ice
A Murloc Raider
My question is, which buff addon allows for right-click buff removal?

I was using Bison, but it gives dead areas of the screen (along with not allowing buff removal).

Just need something that basically allows blizzard buffs to go all on one line, with debufs below instead of how blizzard's is like 6 buffs per line.
10-15-10, 02:26 PM   #9
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Nobody that I know of has written a buff addon that works with the new SecureAuraHeaders, which means that none of the ones out there (to the furthest extent of my knowledge) allow you to right-click off any buffs.

Blame Blizzard for wanting to break addons that auto-remove buffs.
10-15-10, 03:58 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Try this new one: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...asicbuffs.aspx
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-15-10, 04:00 PM   #11
Kamikaze_Ice
A Murloc Raider
Satrina Buff Frames 3
Does everything I need now. I can click off buffs AND customize them even more than I could previously!

Best (de)buff mod avalible now.

<3 you Satrina.

*Edit*
Since SBF3 locks the buff frame when in combat, you can't see what buffs you get from things like procs.
Looks like I'll have to make a seperate buff bar and filter these "proc" type effects from the clickable-main buff frame to one that works in combat.
so much more work, and here I thought I was done messing with my ui this week. :P

Last edited by Kamikaze_Ice : 10-15-10 at 04:42 PM. Reason: finished post.
10-15-10, 07:04 PM   #12
speak
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I tried Bison first, but it doesn't disable the blizzard "consolidated buffs" box. There's an option to, and it does work at first, but the consolidated box eventually shows up again.

I don't care about not being able to right-click-remove buffs, so as long as the mod can move/scale the buffs & debuffs & wepbuffs, I'd be happy

I'll check out BasicBuffs tonight!
10-15-10, 09:28 PM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Just curious, but did you disable "Consolidate Buffs" in the Buffs section of Interface Options?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-16-10, 02:27 PM   #14
speak
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Just curious, but did you disable "Consolidate Buffs" in the Buffs section of Interface Options?
i've been having trouble with that option. i'll disable it on one toon and it'll show up already-disabled on another toon. then i'll go back and it'll be on again. i wasn't sure if it was something mod-related (I thought maybe Bison was doing it) so I just gave up for then.

i'll definitely play around with it more to see if i can get the setting to stick.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Buffalo replacement?