03-10-09, 08:50 AM   #1
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
DONATE Questions?

Hi I am wanting to donate but have a few little Questions.

1. Can I have it on more then one computer? All have my account, but I have 3 computers/laptop I play on depending on where I am at.

2. If I donate does my hubby have to also donate to use pro on his computers too on his own account? ( (same for my kids accounts)).

3. DO we have to RE donate every so often to keep getting updates? (( not that i would mind but hubby want to know)).

Thanks for your time,

k. Dawn

03-10-09, 09:27 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think the important thing here is to make it clear that I am not selling a different version of nUI... nor am I running a subscription service. nUI Pro is a thank you for making a VOLUNTARY DONATION -- I would be disappointed if someone made a donation and then posted the Pro on a website for the whole world to download (actually, that would just plain piss me off ~lol~), or gave it to all 300 of the guild mates, etc... but the idea that you have to make a separate donation for each computer you use, or one for you and one for your husband is not something I would expect.

Donations are voluntary. There's no minimum donation amount that is required or expected though I would have to admit that donating $1 or $2.50 as a few people have done feels a little bit insulting, not that I'm not grateful for every penny. Nor does anyone have to donate more than once, though I cannot begin to express how much I appreciate those who do.

The key is simply to understand that it is a donation, and it is voluntary... nUI Pro is just me saying thank you for supporting my effort. All I ask is that those who feel nUI has value contribute in whatever way they can to support my time and effort... what you feel you can afford, what you feel nUI is worth to you... if anything. I neither ask nor expect anything more than that and am eternally grateful to those who do.

Originally Posted by KiwiiDawn View Post
Hi I am wanting to donate but have a few little Questions.

1. Can I have it on more then one computer? All have my account, but I have 3 computers/laptop I play on depending on where I am at.

2. If I donate does my hubby have to also donate to use pro on his computers too on his own account? ( (same for my kids accounts)).

3. DO we have to RE donate every so often to keep getting updates? (( not that i would mind but hubby want to know)).

Thanks for your time,

k. Dawn

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

Last edited by spiel2001 : 03-10-09 at 09:30 AM.

03-10-09, 12:17 PM   #3
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
Thank you so much , Having hubby read this.

Maybe Now I can get that pout next payday. like with everyone else thing are tight and just before my hubby lost lots of hours we bought a house, and he really like to keep stuff simple.

03-10-09, 06:01 PM   #4
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Not to be a brownnose to spiel, but here's my stry - made semi short...

Was a BIG fan of MazzleUI, and was as close to hitting the donate button as could be, and then came the patches that broke it. A few months down the line i got in an arhument with mazzle, and that made me search for another ui

i tried loads...SpartanUI, FreshUI(Mazzle lookalike) and a few more. I Even tried to make my own.

Along came wowmatrix as a means to update my addons. One night i was bored i tried a search on it for simply "ui" and was scrolling down the list when i noticed nUI.

"What the hell - lets give it a go" was my first thought, and i installed it. First impression was that the bottom half was too big, but after a day or 2 of playing with it on - and tinkering with the slash commands i started to see the benefit of it.

And a few days ago, when i noticed the pro version and lite version i thought - "well - if me donating what i can afford(and believe me - wife been hammering me with i cannot afford it ) can help the future existance of another great addon/ui that i use all the time, then so be it"

Even if Scotty should implement a fee for every pc it's used on(not to give him any bright ideas) i would happily do so.

I know for one how timeconsuimg coding, and particualry error-fixing can take(making homepages in asp, .net etc), and i wouldn't just leech off someone else.

sorry for my ranting , but i am in awe of this UI - every day it seems i find new bits and things to add to it to make it even better...so spiel2001....THANK YOU!!!!!

03-10-09, 06:05 PM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Smirge View Post
sorry for my ranting , but i am in awe of this UI - every day it seems i find new bits and things to add to it to make it even better...so spiel2001....THANK YOU!!!!!
I appreciate the kind word... just know this... nUI would be nothing were it not for its community of users and their input over the last 9 months.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » DONATE Questions?