02-18-11, 11:34 PM   #1
-Dragon-
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Archeology Stuff

Would be nice to get support added for the Archy blobs, I can't seem to figure out the name for them... Also I've seen the outline of the dig site appear momentarily on the carbonite map, not sure if it's from the minimap due to archy or what but I've definitely seen it, any way we can make this a bit more permanent?

02-25-11, 11:25 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The blobs are a special game frame type like they use for quest areas and as far as I can tell, the contents of the blobs are not accessible by addons. The frame does not work well in the Carbonite map. If you enable Carbonite to show the digsite locations, you see where they are, so why do you need the blobs?

02-28-11, 10:32 PM   #3
Danlo
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
The blobs are a special game frame type like they use for quest areas and as far as I can tell, the contents of the blobs are not accessible by addons. The frame does not work well in the Carbonite map. If you enable Carbonite to show the digsite locations, you see where they are, so why do you need the blobs?
To join in - I suspect others, and definitely me, need to see where the blobs are because Carbonite isn't preloaded with dig site information, at least not for sites I've been finding. Currently I have to flip back and forth between the normal map and Carbonite to see them.

04-08-11, 08:11 AM   #4
tjhyland
Premium Member
I'm having this trouble also. I don't seen where to enable the dig sites for Carbonite. I do have the show dig sites checked on the blizzard map. I checked carbonite and found the selection to show artifacts but not dig sites. Then I found out I can see the dig sites when I zoom the map out. Then I tried the scale sliders and could not find the one that controls the digsite icons. I hope this helps someone and if anyone has some input on how to control the scale the digsite show I would appreciate it.

04-08-11, 10:12 PM   #5
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I do use another addon for Archeology, it draws a red graphic on the screen, like a hud - its not the map blops, but its a hud graphic which moves around as you do, so as you fly closer you can see the area you can dig in.

Very useful, even though you have been digging for months it doesn't mean you can remember the boundaries of all areas.

Of course this addon works for that, so I personally don't need it in Carbonite.

Last edited by Spahut : 04-08-11 at 10:15 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Archeology Stuff