05-18-12, 08:38 PM   #1
Naskreth
A Defias Bandit
Smile New

Hello all!
I'm Naskreth (nask is fine) and I just joined. I was reading the different websites and trying to learn a little about different addons etc and stumbled in here.

Who am I? Well, I'm a dad with two kids, one of which is 10 and plays wow with me (I supervise him). I live in south dakota, work in IT, and am former law enforcement and EMS.
I play wow to socialize and have fun. Rarely have I stepped into a raid and really don't know much about the inner workings of the game. But I'm interested in making the game a little more fun with addons.

I been playing wow when it was in beta, and I can to this day, go back to the exact spot I was standing when the server went dark and wow went gold. I have stepped away from wow a few times but keep it in perspective I think. Anyways, I'm helping my son play, was looking for an addon to help with questing and came here. Seems curse thinks this is the place to come! lol

Anyways, I hope to get a grip on things and figure the interface out and perhaps get some tips, tricks and maybe even make a few friends while I'm here.

So, with that, glad to be here and look forward to meeting you all. Unless your a bottom feeding troll. Of which then you can just pretend you never seen this. *snicker*

See ya round!!
Nask
05-18-12, 08:58 PM   #2
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What kind of help with questing are you refering to? There is a system built in by Blizzard that works fairly well. There's also lots of mods to tweak Blizzards system found here in wowinterface's Character Advancement section.

Carbonite is alive still but may have way to much going on for your tastes.

Quest Helper is also still around.

I guess what I'm asking is what specific parts of the default interface did you want to change? The more you tell us the more we can try to help you out.

Last edited by def9 : 05-18-12 at 09:02 PM. Reason: spelling
05-18-12, 09:37 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

For a beginning player, or someone just starting out with addons, I'd recommend keeping things simple, and sticking to addons that just change the Blizzard UI or add a small feature or two, rather than completely replacing it and adding hundreds of features like Carbonite.

If you're looking for something that will make it easier to see where to go to complete your quests, check out TomTomLite. It will add a rotating 3D arrow to your screen that points you toward the nearest quest objective completion point (eg. the ones you see if you open up the world map).

If you're looking for something that will make it less tedious to pick up and turn in quests, try Blitz.

I also use QuestMyMap, which cleans up the quest display on the world map a lot.
05-18-12, 10:09 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Welcome to the site, Naskreth!
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-22-12, 09:27 AM   #5
Tithulta
A Black Drake

Well my favorite questing addon is on another site, but TomTom is a must have in anycase. Wow-pro will speed you questing up IMHO. It's in a bit of development hiatus, but will still get you from 1-85 and also has some other perks if you wish to level a tradeskills some have guide written into wow-pro as well. Carbonite is another I love, but has ALOT going on and may be more than your looking for. It does have the best map PERIOD. Depending on what class your leveling there are some others than can make life a bit easier. Blizzards UI isn't unusable, just lacks refinement. NUI has been a favorite, but i ahvent been able to run it in awhile, once 6.0 comes (pray)out I will dump most of my addons and return to it.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » New