01-22-10, 05:49 PM   #1
Crupt
A Murloc Raider
Disable carbonite from joining all the custom channels?

Hello, I'm using a chat addon that logs each of my chat channels I have joined, so if i go afk I can come back and see if I got any whispers or anything important in guild chat. It is very useful, except for the fact each time I log into wow carbonite joins all these random custom chat channels which are also logged. How do I disable carbonite from doing that? I dont want to join all these random Crbz403013 channels.

01-23-10, 03:31 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Crupt View Post
Hello, I'm using a chat addon that logs each of my chat channels I have joined, so if i go afk I can come back and see if I got any whispers or anything important in guild chat. It is very useful, except for the fact each time I log into wow carbonite joins all these random custom chat channels which are also logged. How do I disable carbonite from doing that? I dont want to join all these random Crbz403013 channels.
I believe those "Crbz" channels are created by Carbonite, and are used for "addon chatter" between Carbonite users Carbonite installations. Depending on which chat addon you are using (and if you don't use Carbonite, of course) just tell it to ignore those channels. I think you might even be able to do this in the default chat options panel ("o" key, "Chat" tab, or right click the "general" tab and then "settings"). You could also, possibly, just tell it not to log those channels.

Alternatively, you could make two new chat windows called "Guild" and "Whisper" (or whatever) and have them listen to only those respective channels. Just right click the "General" tab and then "Create New Window". Since the default chat interface is "tabbed", I am assuming your chat mod doesn't interfere with that ability, so you can just leave them "stacked" with the regular tabs (after you drag them there, of course) and check them when you return, or you can put them anywhere on your screen you wish to.

Just an idea.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 01-23-10 at 03:34 PM.

01-23-10, 09:07 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

If you're using Blizzard's chat logging functionality (even if you're using an addon to turn it on/off) to log chat to the WoWChatLog.txt file, you cannot specify which channels are logged (all channels are logged even if they aren't displayed in any chat window), and your options are:

(a) live with the huge volume of crap in your log,
(b) switch to a chat-logging addon that stores chat in its own saved variables file instead of the Blizzard log file,
(b) stop using Carbonite, or
(c) edit Carbonite's code, or write an addon to interact with Carbonite's code, to prevent it from joining those channels.

If you're using an addon that logs chat to its own saved variables file, you should be able to configure which channels it logs. If you can't, you could ask its author to add that functionality, or switch to a different chat logging addon.

01-31-10, 04:31 PM   #4
Crupt
A Murloc Raider
I believe those "Crbz" channels are created by Carbonite, and are used for "addon chatter" between Carbonite users Carbonite installations. Depending on which chat addon you are using (and if you don't use Carbonite, of course) just tell it to ignore those channels. I think you might even be able to do this in the default chat options panel ("o" key, "Chat" tab, or right click the "general" tab and then "settings"). You could also, possibly, just tell it not to log those channels.
I dont use chatter, the addon I use is elephant. I do tell it to ignore the Crbz channels, however each time I ignore one, carbonite creates a new one with a random new name. Its getting very frusterating.

If you're using Blizzard's chat logging functionality (even if you're using an addon to turn it on/off) to log chat to the WoWChatLog.txt file, you cannot specify which channels are logged (all channels are logged even if they aren't displayed in any chat window), and your options are:
I would, however carbonite is constantly creating new channels with random Crbz names. If anyone from carbonite is reading this, can you please give us an option to disable joining all these custom channels in the next update?

02-02-10, 05:15 AM   #5
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
just disable quest sharing, group checking, party quests, guild player and punk locations, and map finding. It will stop joining these channels.

02-11-10, 08:16 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I would, however carbonite is constantly creating new channels with random Crbz names. If anyone from carbonite is reading this, can you please give us an option to disable joining all these custom channels in the next update?
Options are already there.

On the "Privacy & Com" page of the Options window check:
"Disable global channel (you won't know about version updates)"
"Disable zone channel (you won't know about players or punks in your zone)"

Now log out and back in or type /carb rl

09-03-10, 12:38 PM   #7
Cloudspel
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post

I do not have the Carbonite addon installed on a new PC yet this CrbZ###### continually opens. I don't have the logging problem as I don't use a logger but the annoying 'tick, tick, ticking the custom channel makes is extremely annoying. WHY IS IT OPENING WHEN CARBONITE WAS NEVER INSTALLED ON THIS PC???? Where in my Blizzard files is this chat program burried so it can be permanently removed?

09-03-10, 03:52 PM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The only way those channels get created is if you've had Carbonite or CarboniteQuest (I think this one did it too) loaded at some point or another.

Rather than unchecking the boxes in your chat config, which only turns off showing that particular channel, try typing "/leave name of your carb channel" That will force you to leave that channel, same as it would for General, Trade, or any other. You shouldn't auto join the channels again.

09-04-10, 12:11 AM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
The only way those channels get created is if you've had Carbonite or CarboniteQuest (I think this one did it too) loaded at some point or another.
I don't think so. I remember when I first started playing WoW, and opened the social window to the chat pane, there was a "crbz" channel listed there under the "Custom" heading, just like there is now. At that time, I had not installed Carbonite Quest (the first Carbonite I used) yet. I now have two of those channels and one for "NauticSync" (the Nauticus zep / boat schedule addon) and never see them show up in my chat frames.

There have, also, occasionally been strange noises in my game (other than the "normal" strange noises) since day one. I have seen entire threads devoted to this subject on other forums, and the "upshot", apparently, is that it has something to do with people joining and leaving the default voice channels. For some odd reason, it can, but does not always, cause a noise to be migrated into the general public's sound channels.

01-11-11, 02:03 PM   #10
Crupt
A Murloc Raider
Bump!!

This addon is doing it again.....tried unchecking the boxes and it's still doing it now. Something broke in the latest version that is making carbonite join all these custom channels again!

Plz help!

01-12-11, 02:27 AM   #11
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I had a problem with "you can only join ten channels at a time" repeating add infinitum just recently. Turned out I was having a cable modem problem that was causing serious lag. I eventually got disconnected from the server (and could not make web connections or mail or anything else), so I rebooted everything (computer, router, cable modem) and the problem went away. So it was not any kind of addon problem, even though at first glance it looked like a problem with carbonite.

01-16-11, 05:46 PM   #12
Crupt
A Murloc Raider
Bump!!

This addon is doing it again.....tried unchecking the boxes and it's still doing it now. Something broke in the latest version that is making carbonite join all these custom channels again!

Plz help!

01-20-11, 12:46 AM   #13
Crupt
A Murloc Raider
Bump

Is this even the right forum anymore?

01-20-11, 02:07 AM   #14
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post

I just think no one feels the need to repost what's already been said.

05-01-11, 05:05 AM   #15
Crupt
A Murloc Raider
I just think no one feels the need to repost what's already been said.
are you blind or did you just not bother reading b4 you replied?

I told u already that doesn't work anymore. Why is there no way to turn off these stupid custom channels?????????

05-01-11, 10:18 AM   #16
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

are you blind or did you just not bother reading b4 you replied?

I told u already that doesn't work anymore. Why is there no way to turn off these stupid custom channels?????????
So, if you go to the "Privacy & Com" page of Carbonites options, and put a check in the check boxes for the options "Disable global channel (you won't know about version updates)" and "Disable zone channel (you won't know about players or punks in your zone)", that isn't working?

If it isn't working anymore, that would be a bug, and should be reported in the bug forums.

By-the-way, when I first posted for this problem, I said:
I believe those "Crbz" channels are created by Carbonite, and are used for "addon chatter" between Carbonite users Carbonite installations.
to which you responded:
I dont use chatter, the addon I use is elephant.
You misunderstood what I was saying. "addon chatter" Is a way of saying "two of the same addon, being used by two separate players, using that channel to communicate with each other", but much shorter. It has absolutely nothing to do with the addon Chatter.

05-01-11, 11:30 AM   #17
Hurk
A Defias Bandit
um, you have a logging mod, and it doesnt account for other addons?
instead of yelling here, yell there.

failed mod is failed. this isnt a carbonite issue at all. its a bad mod issue with whatever you are using to log.

05-01-11, 11:50 AM   #18
fixitman333
A Fallenroot Satyr
For Elephant:
Go to WoW's interface options, and click on the AddOns tab. Once there, click on Elephant. Now, click on Elephant's Filters tab. There is a box for custom filters there, add CrbZ* to the filter, and all carb channels will be ignored. The * at the end makes it ignore any channel name that starts with CrbZ.

Last edited by fixitman333 : 05-01-11 at 11:53 AM. Reason: fix a typo

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Disable carbonite from joining all the custom channels?