03-28-09, 02:49 AM   #1
Toeler
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Castbar transparency

So I've downloaded Quartz, Az and ecasting bar, but from what I can see none of them have the feature I'm looking for. What I want is a transparent cast bar that I can place over my health bar. Right now I'm using Azcast bar and I have the texture Outline and it's almost doing what I want. However I'd like the 'glow' that is usually on the outside of the cast bar, and also the verticle glow line that is where the cast is currently up to. Are there any cast bar mods out there that can do what I'm after?

EDIT: Ok, the reason I didn't consider it to be Quartz is because you can't scroll through the stupid textures, so I could never get to 'Outline' to test it. I finally managed to do it but it's still not really what I'm after, because it's just a solid line and I'd really like a glow.

Last edited by Toeler : 03-28-09 at 03:36 AM.
03-28-09, 05:10 AM   #2
Pigl33t
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I don't know about castbar add-ons but I know X-Perl and some other Unit Frame mods have build in castbars that go along the name plate of the frame. Might be worth checking out if you're willing to consider new Unit Frames too.
03-28-09, 10:34 AM   #3
Aezay
A Theradrim Guardian

I don't think there are any castbars that lets you do this, unless you use some unitframe build in ones like Pigl33t mentions.
Also the "glow" you're looking for is normally called a "spark" like on this castbar, or did I missunderstood what you meant about "glow"?

03-28-09, 09:48 PM   #4
Toeler
A Fallenroot Satyr
Yeah sorry, meant the spark. I know what I am looking for is possible because I've seen a screenshot of it, however I can't find it anywhere now. I'm using pitbull UF right now and am not looking to change them, I know that X perl has ones for the names, but I'm looking for one that makes it over the health.

Heres a screenshot of what I have now with quartz, which is nice....I might try make my own 'spark' texture for the borders and see how that goes...otherwise I'll just stick with this.

EDIT: Made my own texture quickly, but I'm still out looking for a better one.

Last edited by Toeler : 03-29-09 at 02:51 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Castbar transparency