09-28-13, 02:46 PM   #1
Chanzi
A Defias Bandit
[5.4.0 A1 R1] Quest Change Slowdown

Whenever I accept a quest, complete a quest, advance an objective by killing or looting, or any other changes to quests, there is a .5 to 1 sec freeze of the game. I've isolated it to Carbonite.

10-08-13, 11:52 PM   #2
theatredivachu
A Murloc Raider
I am having this same problem. It freezes for anywhere from 30sec - 1min. When I disable the quest module, the problem goes away.

10-09-13, 01:49 AM   #3
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by theatredivachu View Post
I am having this same problem. It freezes for anywhere from 30sec - 1min. When I disable the quest module, the problem goes away.
Try updating to the latest Alpha version. The link to it is in this thread: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=46515

In this version there is a new setting in the "Watch Options" tab of the "Quest Module" section. The tenth line down is the new setting for "Watch Delay Time". Try adjusting that to see if it fixes your problem.

I hope this helps.

10-11-13, 09:24 PM   #4
theatredivachu
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by JWMcQuire View Post
Try updating to the latest Alpha version. The link to it is in this thread: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=46515

In this version there is a new setting in the "Watch Options" tab of the "Quest Module" section. The tenth line down is the new setting for "Watch Delay Time". Try adjusting that to see if it fixes your problem.

I hope this helps.
Alas, I tried that and I'm still getting the lag issue. I even deleted everything having to do with Carbonite and re-installed it.

10-12-13, 12:58 AM   #5
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Exactly the same problem, so I keep carbonite open just for the map, which is a shame.

10-12-13, 12:14 PM   #6
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by theatredivachu View Post
It freezes for anywhere from 30sec - 1min. When I disable the quest module, the problem goes away.
If you are experiencing freezing for up to 1 minute, then you may have several errors going on at one time. Sometimes you will get a message in your general chat window when you log into a character telling you that you have too many errors and to update or disable some of your addons.

So to help pinpoint your problem, I suggest you download and install the two following addons for detecting and storing errors. If you do this, you will be able to see what errors are coming up, and copy/paste them in this chat. It will help me or someone with more knowledge in this help you fix your problem.

The first is !BugGrabber. You can find it at: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bug-grabber. It will catch the lua errors the conflicting code in addons cause.

The second is BugSack at: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bugsack. It will store the errors that you can access by clicking a button on your minimap. When you click on it and see an error, click anywhere in the window, then hold down the CTRL key and press the "A" key to copy the whole page. Then you can paste the contents into a post on this forum.

Keep in mind too that if you use TradeSkillMaster or EPGP, both of these addons have confirmed issues with Carbonite's quest tracker. As far as I know, both their authors and Rythal have been working to fix these conflicts.

As far as slow quest updates 1 second or less, I suggest making sure you have the latest Alpha version of Carbonite installed (Carbonite 5.4.0 Alpha 2), and adjust the delay time in the quest watch section of the Quest Module and see if that helps.

10-12-13, 08:56 PM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Tradeskill Master is already fixed to work, epgp had the fix submitted but I don't know if it's live or not yet.

10-21-13, 12:44 PM   #8
Strayed
A Murloc Raider
I encounter this same issue, so does my boyfriend.

It's the quest module in carbonite that causes this.
If i uncheck all options in the quest module this lag is no more.
I tried it with only the carbonite addon installed and still this lag appears.
but when i uncheck the options in the quest module so in fact turn it off this lag is gone.

Now i can only use carbonite as a glorified map addon, this saddens me
I love carbonite for the quest utility, anyone any idea how to fix this.

I even completely uninstalled carbonite and it's lua files but allas even a clean install and latest alpha version did not solve this issue.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » [5.4.0 A1 R1] Quest Change Slowdown