08-15-10, 01:42 AM   #1
Ziekatron
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Nyex UI LF suggestions

Hello I am looking for suggestions and feedback. Currently this is the UI I made and use (with a few modifications) for day to day raiding.

My goal however, is to make a UI package that will serve end game raiders' needs as well as be simple enough an entry level player could use it with ease.

This is the beginning of my project:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...exZiekaUI.html
08-15-10, 02:18 AM   #2
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
It's got a very unique style, but I'm not sure if the layout will catch on. Having everything down there at the bottom can make it hard to see what's going on, due to tunnel vision - even despite the fact that your screen is very clear. You might want to move things around a little.

You could also try replacing some heavy addons by lighter ones, if you feel like it. Lighter addons will generally improve load times and often decrease CPU usage and fps loss.

For example Bartender4 -> rActionBarStyler, Omen -> sThreatMeter2, Pitbull -> oUF, PowerAuras -> sFilter, Prat -> BasicChatMods, Recount -> TinyDPS, TidyPlates -> caelNamePlates, etc.

Of course this is just preference.
08-15-10, 08:32 AM   #3
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I like that layout, it covers PvE needs, just fine the way it is.

Even though, some classes/players might have difficulties with monitoring player and target health at a glance. It's clearly what I would call a "tank" layout for those frames.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

08-15-10, 03:22 PM   #4
Ziekatron
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Thank you for the comments. I will eventually make the jump to lighter add-ons.

As for the positioning I just put things down there because too me I classify all that information as semi important. More directly important things like threat for tanks is closer to the character as well as on the nameplates. For healers the raid frames are much closer to the center but don't cover the character and provide all need to know information.

I will admit for dps I'm still working on things, in my test build which will become the next build I move target debuffs above the target unit frame significantly. The name plates also show personal debuffs. I want to find a good rune/combo point addon that I could use towards the center of the screen (taking suggestions.)

Also one reason for lots of space around my character aside from better visibility is my play style. I use a very powerful tool for all roles called power auras. A lot of my need to know info for rotations and ability procs comes to me via power auras (as well as added signaling for fight mechanics i.e. "gtfo of the raid now!" ****). This may be uncomfortable at first for some players that aren't used to it but I assure you mastering power auras can increase almost every aspect of your game play, which is why I include it in hopes that every player, especially entry-level players, that use this package start with this advantage.
11-16-10, 06:11 PM   #5
saphirre12
A Fallenroot Satyr
According to the pic , there are few things:

1. Need timer on those buffs
2. Everything is so small
3. Action bar doesn't have enough buttons for different classes
4. Need "in combat" screenshot to continue
11-20-10, 11:05 AM   #6
tenub
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
1. Get rid of the SexyMap minimap look.
2. Get OmniCC.

Otherwise it's good.
11-20-10, 01:18 PM   #7
Tobbe8716
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by saphirre12 View Post
According to the pic , there are few things:

1. Need timer on those buffs
2. Everything is so small
3. Action bar doesn't have enough buttons for different classes
4. Need "in combat" screenshot to continue

3. I think he has more bars if you look at the buttons showing its only CDs.
4. Idd

and omniCC would be nice.

EDIT: Btw for refluxers this addon should be a must to have nibProfileLoader

Last edited by Tobbe8716 : 11-20-10 at 01:21 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » Nyex UI LF suggestions