07-25-11, 01:34 AM   #1
mcpeterc
A Kobold Labourer
Use carbonite as minimap /w tracking

Hi.

I just startet using Carbonite and I must say, its awesome.
Now I do understand that blizzard wont make it possible to track nodes on carbonite map due to some API not being released, but is it possible to merge the actually minimap with the carb map and set some transparent thingy somewhere?

If I could I would replace blizz minimap completely in favor for carb map.
But I cant live without proper tracking ability.

In worst case; Is it possible to switch off carb-map module? So I only use blizz map but allso carb quest tracking feature example...?

Hope you understand Thanks for a kickarse addon!

EDIT:

Okay I think I found my peace with the way things are now... only got one question.
Is it possible to get the quest tracker and GoTo feature to work on blizzards map? (or mapster)

Last edited by mcpeterc : 07-25-11 at 02:15 AM.

07-25-11, 08:07 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
You can merge the blizzard minimap into the carbonite map. Many people do. Check the options under "minimap" or "map", not sure which.

There's a readme file in your carbonite addon folder. I strongly recommend you read it.

07-25-11, 08:21 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by mcpeterc View Post
Hi.

I just startet using Carbonite and I must say, its awesome.
Now I do understand that blizzard wont make it possible to track nodes on carbonite map due to some API not being released, but is it possible to merge the actually minimap with the carb map and set some transparent thingy somewhere?

If I could I would replace blizz minimap completely in favor for carb map.
But I cant live without proper tracking ability.

In worst case; Is it possible to switch off carb-map module? So I only use blizz map but allso carb quest tracking feature example...?

Hope you understand Thanks for a kickarse addon!

EDIT:

Okay I think I found my peace with the way things are now... only got one question.
Is it possible to get the quest tracker and GoTo feature to work on blizzards map? (or mapster)
After installing Carbonite, the very first time you start WoW you should have gotten an on-screen message asking if you wanted to merge Carbonites and Blizzards maps. If you chose not to, that's why you have two separate small maps: Blizzards Minimap, and Carbonites Minimized Map. Carbonite has one map and it is either maximized (large, like Blizzards World Map) or minimized (minimap sized but NOT the minimap). Blizzard gives us three maps: The Minimap (found in the upper right corner of your screen), the World Map (the big map) and the Zone (sometimes referred to as the Battleground) Map. A technicality, to be sure, but it occasionally helps to use the correct terms when explaining something.

The maps can easily be merged through Carbonites options.
Open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Map Minimap" page and merge the minimized Carbonite map and Blizzards Minimap using the first option on the page. You can also use the second option to put all of the minimap buttons into Carbonites button window so you don't have buttons floating around in your Carb map. I believe if you check the first option, the second will automatically be checked, but you can uncheck it if you wish. Allow Carbonite to reload the UI when prompted, and you should be "good to go".

Carbonites quest tracking abilities and showing that information on the Carbonite maps are intertwined. IE: You can't have one without the other. As far as I know, Carbonite does not show any information on Blizzards maps.

Carbonites minimized map can be hidden by left clicking the Carbonite minimap button. Un-hide it by left clicking it again.

There is a document in the main Carbonite folder that I highly recommend every Carbonite user read. Please go to your "Path To Your WoW Folder\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\" folder and read through the "CarboniteReadMe" plain text file. It explains a lot about what Carbonite does and how to set it up.

EDIT: ARRRRRRGH!! Late again because I tried to be concise. I just gotta stop that. /EDIT

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-25-11 at 08:28 AM. Reason: DOH!!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Use carbonite as minimap /w tracking