10-15-10, 03:20 PM   #1
Crystallyne
A Fallenroot Satyr
Post "You are not in a guild." Spam with 4.0 Beta

There was brief mention from someone in another area of the forums about this, and I am now getting it. I tried to look around but don't see any bug reports about this, so I'm reporting it now.

At this moment the ONLY addon I have loaded is Carbonite, and I am getting a constant stream of "You are not in a guild." error messages. Like every 5 seconds. I had loaded it earlier and didn't see this. Turned it off to test something unrelated, and when I turned it back on and went in-game, it started right away.

On a side note, when I did not have the problem before I had multiple addons loaded. But now, with ONLY Carbonite loaded, I'm getting this. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but thought I would mention it just in case. (Dunno why having other addons would stop it, but hey. I'm not an expert at this sort of thing.)

10-15-10, 05:50 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've experienced the issue myself as well. There's several bug threads on the Cataclysm forums about this.

Issue: Blizzard Bug. Is not caused by an addon.

Symptons:
I'll see the same system message in chat off and on. Sometimes, I'll try to type into G chat and I will receive the Blizz system message that "You are not in a Guild" as well.

Solution per Blizz forums:
Log out to the character selection screen, then log back in and all is well for a time. If it happens again, rinse, repeat as needed. PITA I know, but it's all we have at the moment.

10-15-10, 07:07 PM   #3
Palladia
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I had this same problem last night. I thought it was Carbonite, but then loading without Carbonite (or, in fact, without any addons), I still had the problem. I tried to type in guild chat and couldn't see anything. So I whispered a guildmate, and he said it's a bug and to relog. I did so and the problem went away.

10-16-10, 09:14 AM   #4
Crystallyne
A Fallenroot Satyr
Good to know, thanks for the responses. I'll be glad when Blizzard works through all these stupid bugs... >_<

10-16-10, 10:29 AM   #5
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
yes blizz has a few bugs to work out... that they knew about DURING the beta.... At least Our Addo authors are getting there stuff fixed faster then Blizz, and getting there addons working with Blizz's bugs ......
Have fun, and remember WOW is just a game, for us to enjoy, and all the Addons we use.... remember the programmer is a human too, and MOST times, is doing this as a hobby, so give them time to have their life, so they can fix the addons, so we can have our WOW life.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » "You are not in a guild." Spam with 4.0 Beta