10-18-08, 04:18 AM   #1
Voloch
A Murloc Raider
Question Tool tip # of items

Hi all

Before latest patch when hovering over an item, my tool tip showed across all characters and their banks, how many of that particular I had.

Now, I had to reinstall all my addons, some have been excluded b/c they haven't been updated and I can't remember/figure out which addon did this.

Any suggestions

Thanks in advance
10-18-08, 04:41 AM   #2
Evilmoo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

ARKinventory does have that feature.
10-18-08, 01:21 PM   #3
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There's a couple addons that do what you're asking. Bagnon, Combuctor, and ArkInventory like Evilmoo said all do what you're asking iirc.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
10-18-08, 03:30 PM   #4
Voloch
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post
There's a couple addons that do what you're asking. Bagnon, Combuctor, and ArkInventory like Evilmoo said all do what you're asking iirc.
I'm running combuctor but that doesn't give me the info. It might have before the patch but it isn't now. Anyone running combuctor now who has the tool tip info?
10-18-08, 04:23 PM   #5
Bufe
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Voloch View Post
I'm running combuctor but that doesn't give me the info. It might have before the patch but it isn't now. Anyone running combuctor now who has the tool tip info?
I recommend Bagnon...works like a charm, and also show in tooltips how much you have of an item on any char, on that account, or in the bank of any of the chars. Awsome. ..and updated and working for 3.0.2

Bufe
10-18-08, 04:40 PM   #6
Sekrin
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Altoholic also provides that info I believe.
10-18-08, 05:42 PM   #7
Voloch
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Bufe View Post
I recommend Bagnon...works like a charm, and also show in tooltips how much you have of an item on any char, on that account, or in the bank of any of the chars. Awsome. ..and updated and working for 3.0.2

Bufe
I used Bagnon until Tuller removed the side tags. I loved that I could select a tap and only have one type of item showed, like quest, armor, weapon etc.
I have since then not used Bagnon and can't comment on it's features.
But I love combuctor for it's simplicty and features but I "need" those info on items on chars .... what to do ...
10-18-08, 06:32 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Combuctor comes with Bagnon_Forever and Bagnon_Tooltips, does it not?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-18-08, 06:54 PM   #9
Voloch
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Combuctor comes with Bagnon_Forever and Bagnon_Tooltips, does it not?
Yeah, but when Tuller wrote combuctor, the libs differed from the Bagnon libs. If you updated your Bagnon addon you actually replaced the _forever lib with one that wasn't compatible with combuctor.
10-18-08, 06:59 PM   #10
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Lootvalue combined with Lootcounter will also do this for you.
10-18-08, 07:01 PM   #11
Voloch
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cirk View Post
Lootvalue combined with Lootcounter will also do this for you.
You may just have solved two of my "problems" there Cirk, thanks
10-18-08, 10:19 PM   #12
Farook
A Molten Giant

My personal favourite:

BankItems
10-18-08, 11:58 PM   #13
TekNoir
Premium Member

Premium Member
Bagnon_forever and Bagnon_tooltips as they come with Combuctor are all working just fine for me. I only had to add one small line at the front of the main lua file to make Bagnon_tooltips load with Combuctor. (A line to load Bagnon_forever existed, but one for Bagnon_tooltips did not.)

Credit goes to Xeddicus for posting the original fix in the comments for the addon.

Last edited by TekNoir : 10-19-08 at 12:03 AM.
10-19-08, 05:44 AM   #14
Voloch
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by TekNoir View Post
Bagnon_forever and Bagnon_tooltips as they come with Combuctor are all working just fine for me. I only had to add one small line at the front of the main lua file to make Bagnon_tooltips load with Combuctor. (A line to load Bagnon_forever existed, but one for Bagnon_tooltips did not.)

Credit goes to Xeddicus for posting the original fix in the comments for the addon.
That did the trick!

Thanks a bunch Tek, YOU saved my day.
10-19-08, 08:00 AM   #15
Warlocomotif
A Fallenroot Satyr
If it's alright, I'm going to throw a related question in here.

I'm a long time user of Bagnon, and absolutely love it. With that said though; I recently also started using Altoholic. Both of these addons have the "show how many you have feature", and as such I want to stop Bagnon from doing this (Since Altoholic also tells me how many I have on guild banks).

There's nothing in the bagnon options to make it stop doing this, so I'm probably looking at changing some minor LUA. Unfortunately, I'm not personally familiar with LUA. If someone could point out how to disable this functionality on Bagnon, that would be awesome.
10-19-08, 05:50 PM   #16
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Disable the Bagnon_Tooltips addon.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Tool tip # of items