07-15-11, 05:31 PM   #1
Remiind
A Defias Bandit
Automatic Quest Tracking disabled?

I don't like the way Carb's quest thing operates so I re-enabled Blizzards one. The only problem is whenever I restart WoW, I have to go to Interface -> Objectives and turn Automatic Quest Tracking back on. Every time.

Is there a fix for this, it's really annoying.

07-17-11, 10:24 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Remiind View Post
I don't like the way Carb's quest thing operates so I re-enabled Blizzards one. The only problem is whenever I restart WoW, I have to go to Interface -> Objectives and turn Automatic Quest Tracking back on. Every time.

Is there a fix for this, it's really annoying.
My guess is that you would have to disable everything to do with quests in Carbonite, so, you might as well open Carbonites options to the "Modules" page and UNcheck the "Enable Questing" option. You might also want to go to the "Quest" and "Quest Watch" pages and uncheck the relevant options there. Please keep in mind that once you disable questing, you won't get the colored quest areas on the Carbonite maps anymore.

By the way, would you mind posting exactly what it is about Carbonites Quest Watch window (I'm guessing that's what you mean by "Carb's quest thing") that you don't like?

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

07-17-11, 10:52 PM   #3
Remiind
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
My guess is that you would have to disable everything to do with quests in Carbonite, so, you might as well open Carbonites options to the "Modules" page and UNcheck the "Enable Questing" option. You might also want to go to the "Quest" and "Quest Watch" pages and uncheck the relevant options there. Please keep in mind that once you disable questing, you won't get the colored quest areas on the Carbonite maps anymore.

By the way, would you mind posting exactly what it is about Carbonites Quest Watch window (I'm guessing that's what you mean by "Carb's quest thing") that you don't like?
Hi, thanks for the reply. But I love the map part of carb (meaning also the quest area identifiers) so I guess I'll just have to live with it. And it's mainly just the font, I can't stand it.

07-18-11, 12:16 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ummm.... Then change it.

Open Carbonites options to the "Font" page and click on the font you want to change to get a list of fonts. Click on the font in the list that you want to use for that particular part of Carbonite (I believe it will only change the fonts for the various parts of Carbonite) and it will change to that font. You can change the font size by clicking on the "Size #" on the page.

If the font you would like to use is not in the list, I believe Carbonite will use SharedMedia. At least, there are _a_lot_ of fonts in my Carbonite list that that's the only way I can figure they got there. If you're going to use the "SharedMedia" addon, I highly suggest you open the "SharedMedia" folder and look for the "INSTRUCTIONS for MyMedia" plain text file, and read through it. It will make adding media to your WoW much easier.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

07-19-11, 12:51 PM   #5
passionfly
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I don't like the quest watch pane for a different reason

...it does not work. Compared to my lightweight Questguru mod this feature of Carbonite has sucked since I started using it over 1 year ago. I would love to disable the quest watch window in its entirety without sacrificing the map coloring it provides in the minimap. The quest watch list is nowhere near as friendly, easy to use and informative as Questguru. You certainly do not get sounds informing you of quest progression like Questguru.

I play a lot of alts and I have to relog between them and that super annoying quest watch window is always there when I do not need it. I would like one radio button to prvent it from appearing in my UI completely. I do not want to turn off the minimap coloring of where to farm for the quest parts I need for my dailies. This is a gem of Carbonite and shoulod never be disabled.

The quest watch window is based on meters distance to the quest shown. How in the heck do I know how many meters my quest is and why does it hide quests I want to show? Quest Watch is too complicated, too many options, too many choices to just make the stupid thing work and I hate hate hate this part of Carbonite. The mapping system is the real gem of Carbonite not tracking your quests. Once you use a mod like Questguru you will understand what minimal and simple and effective is truly about when using a mod to track how many out of parts u need to complete a quest is about. Questguru runs circles around Carbonites Quest Watch.

PLEASE allow us to remove the quest watch window from the UI without sacrificing the colored quest information in the Carbonite minimap! I don't mean by allowing us to click the X to close the window only to have it reappear all over again between alt relogs or /reloadui's I mean completely turn off the window PERMANENTLY! I don't want to see it. It does not work well and is too complicated!

07-20-11, 09:11 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

While I don't, and haven't ever, use the "QuestGuru" addon, I really (personally) don't feel there is a need for it if you are using Carbonite. I did go to their information page on WoWI to check it out, and it appears to be comparable to Carbonites quest watch depending on how you have the quest watch set up to display your quests. There are differences, to be sure. Carbonite doesn't use sounds for quest progression, no, it uses on-screen text notifications instead. I'm quite sure there are many other differences, that's just the one that stood out for me.

I would ask you to go to your "Path To Your WoW folder\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\" folder and find the "CarboniteReadMe" plain text file and read through it. It will explain quite a bit about what Carbonite does and how to set the various parts of it up. Unfortunately, that file is still one of Carbonites "best kept secret's". There is a section on both the Quest Watch window and the Carbonite Quest Log, among many others.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-20-11 at 09:18 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Automatic Quest Tracking disabled?