12-05-05, 07:49 PM   #1
T.King
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
T.King's Elfwood for World of Warcraft

T.King's Elfwood for World of Warcraft - version 1.0

Description

Elfwood is a nature based theme using vines, ivy, leaves, and tree roots. The amethyst stone represents the mystical magic of the Elves.

* This is a rather detailed theme, with all of the twisting and interwoven vines forming the very framework of panels. The concept was to organize vines into the existing framework, while maintaining the randomness of nature. Vines tend to grow up and around things, so it makes perfect sense to see defined shapes using vines.

This theme has been tested with many addons, and has worked wonderfully thus far.

Latest News - Updated Information:

* December 5th, 2005
  • I will be patching in refinements to further improve the overall theme. (see release notes)
    Be sure to read installation instructions, and any “Special notes” below.
  • This is my second crack at the WoW interface, so you'll notice that this theme is quite complete throughout the entire interface, even before you're in-game.
  • I'm planning to release (2) more themes before Christmas.

You can download it here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4381

Release notes:

This is my second release of a graphical conversion interface. This interface contains T.King original artwork and design. Some planned enhancements to this theme are:
  • Sharpened graphics and contrasts. When WoW draws the interface to scale, pixels are resampled in a way that smooths out details. The work-around for this as I've discovered, is careful planning with the use of contrasting colours.
  • The cursor needs to be incorporated, this won't take long at all.

Installation instructions:
  • Save TKing_Elfwood1.zip to your World of Warcraft folder, and extract. Allow it to overwrite files if prompted to do so, unless you suspect there are custom graphics belonging to an addon (in any case this shouldn’t be a problem).
(PLEASE NOTE) When you select Extract All, make sure the destination for the extraction is \program files\world of warcraft - and not \program files\world of warcraft\TKing_Elfwood1\ - simply backspace over the \TKing_Elfwood1 path.
  • The .zip file creates the folder \data\interface with additional subfolders containing the graphics (.blp) files. To remove this theme, simply remove the subfolders beneath \data\interface.
  • Launch World of Warcraft.

That’s all there is to it!

Special notes:
  • I'm working on implementing a installation program for the next update. This installation program will be released with updates that include the cursor for this theme.

Kuvasie and I will do our best to answer all questions regarding this interface. Thank you for using Wowinterface.com.

Team credits:

- Artwork/Design by T.King. | [email protected]
- Coded/Edited and Tested by S.Buchanon. (Kuvasie) | [email protected]

Special mentions:
  • A very special heart felt thanks to Kuvasie for helping me bring this UI to life, her hard work and dedication are as always unrelenting.

T.King Art:

http://tkingart.com

Sample Image:

[ T.King's World of Warcraft Themes Portal ]

Last edited by T.King : 12-05-05 at 08:00 PM.
12-05-05, 07:50 PM   #2
Beladona
A Molten Giant

nice work!
12-05-05, 08:01 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Absolutely beautiful Tom.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
12-05-05, 08:57 PM   #4
Guillotine
A Cobalt Mageweaver

WOW. Just WOW. That is gorgeous
12-05-05, 09:02 PM   #5
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Looks great
12-06-05, 12:12 AM   #6
vidarc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Great work again

I have an over abundance of mods and have yet to find a problem thus far.
12-06-05, 01:30 AM   #7
keegen
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up im having a prob

Hi im trying to download it and for some reason it wont let me?
I dont know what im doing wrong, i have downloaded many mods before but this one wont work pls help

Last edited by keegen : 12-06-05 at 01:33 AM.
12-06-05, 02:39 AM   #8
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by keegen
Hi im trying to download it and for some reason it wont let me?
I dont know what im doing wrong, i have downloaded many mods before but this one wont work pls help
How is it not letting you download?
12-06-05, 09:04 AM   #9
dafire
Premium Member
amazing

(since this was to short to post it here I have to say it again: amazing)
12-06-05, 09:38 AM   #10
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

You've missed out the Rare frame (the silver dragon) or was that intentional?
12-06-05, 06:50 PM   #11
Rabidelmo
A Murloc Raider
Another great skin
and Is it just for me or does the skin for the right actionbar not work?

Last edited by Rabidelmo : 12-06-05 at 06:54 PM.
12-07-05, 12:38 AM   #12
Vampyrate
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Does the frame reskins cause any FPS drops? A 10 man live strath seemed a tad lower in FPS than normal.
12-07-05, 02:14 AM   #13
T.King
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Vampyrate
Does the frame reskins cause any FPS drops? A 10 man live strath seemed a tad lower in FPS than normal.
I don't see how that could happen, since all the graphics are being placed within the existing frames. In some areas like the menu endcap decorations, the Elfwood decoration is about 1/2 or less than the size of the default ones.

I tested this on a laptop and desktop, and have not seen a change in fps on either system. This is the first time I've heard anything like this. Can you provide before/after fps? including your memory/processor overhead with/without Elfwood loaded (you can use windows task manager, I recommend "Security Task Manager", just google it, it's shareware.).

I've watched the WoW process closely for like 20 minutes, and did not notice any change in memory or processor load with Elfwood loaded.

To answer some questions above:

1.) Mouse cursor: I mentioned in the "Release Notes", that this is something being worked on. The problem we're having now, is whenever we replace the default cursors with our own, they show up blank in-game. If anyone has information on how to get around this, please email me, it would be greatly appreciated.

2.) The Sidebutton bar graphics. So far; we've determined that this cannot be changed without a custom addon written to alter it. We will have to post this change as an 'optional download', then wait and see if it conflicts with other Addons. My goal with these themes, was to not interfere with any Addons.

3.) Installation: Again, if you've read the release notes,you already know that I plan to utilize an installation process like Installshield. I'm checking to see if the Installshield that came with my C# .Net dev kit can be used to deploy skins for WoW.

4.) Interface coverage: We've really covered an enormous amount of WoW's panels, IF you see anything missed, please report it, and we'll take a look at it. Please be sure to test with Addons off and on, as I've received reports that ended up being an Addon using custom interface adjustments that bypassed the theme graphics.

I have (2) more themes planned between now and Christmas, we're getting better at this each time we go through it. We plan to do a major update to all skins as we make progress. This includes Undead Gothic (which will get a major overhaul) on up.

I will also be experimenting with sharper graphics and deeper contrasts, since the interface scaling smooths out a lot of detail. Right now it looks really good, but I believe it can look a lot better with some tweaking. Hopefully I'll have the time to tweak, improve, and simply continue to make these theme packs for WoW. This really all depends on how well received they are.

I'm placing my focus on WoW skins first and foremost, so that we can nail these down, and make them better with each release or update.

[ T.King's World of Warcraft Themes Portal ]
12-07-05, 03:54 PM   #14
dafire
Premium Member
little question ;)

Could you also release lines and edges in other graphic formats (like psd?) to make it possible for other developers to make their addons fit into the skin package ?

I have other unitframes in mind or titan panel e.g.

what program is best used to make blp files ?
12-07-05, 04:26 PM   #15
Vampyrate
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Then I wouldn't worry about it too much T. King. It could have been any one of a million factors. It just felt a little on the boggy side and the FPS meter portion of the Titan performance panel was dipping pretty bad. I know sometimes frame changes can cause it so I thought i'd ask.
12-07-05, 04:27 PM   #16
unknowngamer
A Kobold Labourer
Question on changing theme's

Due to the fact that this is replacing default UI graphics, is it possible to make a toggle if you want to switch between the Vines and Skulls?

Reason I ask is that i play an elf hunter and an undead warlock, would love to be able to use both skins all the time, and not have a skulled theme hunter and vise versa for the warlock eheh
12-07-05, 04:41 PM   #17
Gaal
A Fallenroot Satyr
To do a toggle, you'd need to either use an external program to swap out the right files, or maybe it could be inserted into an addon or something that loaded and did it's work right before wow shows the GUI elements that are set to show.

What I noticed after installing this was a kind of nasty mix between the buttons and slider controls of wow and the frame borders of this skin. As well, I do have a lot of very custom mods but a lot of them get their textures from the same pathes that wow itself does, and yet I ended up with a mixture still. From what I saw when I was installing this, the textures replaced seem to be very specific to certain frames and such. However it's very possible that there are a lot of misc textures that are also used here and there within wow that aren't obvious right away.

Personally, I believe this mod needs a good deal of tweaking before it works the way I remember the old EQ T.King skins working, where every single fecking thing they let us modify was skinned.
12-07-05, 05:03 PM   #18
dafire
Premium Member
There could be a little longer load time with this mod, but there should be no dps drops.

It don't changes Frames or any Layout.. it just changes the Image files.
12-08-05, 12:32 AM   #19
Ringo Flinthammer
A Murloc Raider

Wow, wow, wow, wow, WOW!

Great to see you back at the mod game, tking! Your Steamworks UI for EQ1 really made the game for me in the final year that I played.

<--- Formerly known as Whizbang Dustyboots

Great stuff. Looking forward to a shorty theme at some point.

Last edited by Ringo Flinthammer : 12-08-05 at 12:50 AM.
12-08-05, 03:58 AM   #20
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by T.King
4.) Interface coverage: We've really covered an enormous amount of WoW's panels, IF you see anything missed, please report it, and we'll take a look at it. Please be sure to test with Addons off and on, as I've received reports that ended up being an Addon using custom interface adjustments that bypassed the theme graphics.
The Rare frame is definatley missed as a custom UI-TargetingFrame-Rare.blp file isn't included in either of your current packages, only UI-SmallTargetingFrame.blp, UI-TargetingFrame.blp and UI-TargetingFrame-Elite.blp.

Not a biggie. Your interfaces still rock without it!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » T.King's Elfwood for World of Warcraft