02-15-10, 12:35 PM   #1
rackmfool
A Murloc Raider
Spam Across my Screen..... Help please.

I am receiving this spam across my screen and do not know how to turn it off. I have been told that it is Carbonite but after searching all the options I cannot find the setting for this.

Any help would be great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	StrangeAddon.jpg
Views:	752
Size:	341.8 KB
ID:	3976  

02-15-10, 01:26 PM   #2
Sunscream
A Defias Bandit
Wish I had an answer... I have the same problem so at least confirming you are not alone. Seems to have something to do with another player targeting you for some action, like healing or other things. I see it most often when in a party, although every now and then while in town if I am solo. Don't believe I've ever seen it when I'm solo and not near any other players.

Here's my current list of addons, maybe there is a conflict and we can see what is in common:
* Carbonite
* AckisRecipeList
* Altoholic
* Bagnon
* Chatter
* Forte
* Gathermate

02-15-10, 02:40 PM   #3
rackmfool
A Murloc Raider
Chatter is the only one that we both have. Will check those settings and see if I can get rid of it that way.

Thanks for the reply.

02-15-10, 03:16 PM   #4
Sunscream
A Defias Bandit
I think it is the "Highlights" feature of Chatter.
I disabled it and will see if it makes the difference.

02-15-10, 03:20 PM   #5
rackmfool
A Murloc Raider
Ok here is what I have found out so far.

In Chatter under Settings -> Hightlights there is a setting that says SHOW SCT MESSAGES. If that box is not checked you will not get that crazy message.

Now there is one other thing. Carbonite has a Channel named "CrbZ101411" that is what Chatter is posting in SCT.

Is there a way to make this channel invisable, what does this channel do and I do I really need? I am not sure what all is going to disappear from Chatter if I uncheck the SCT box just to get rid of this one message.

Any thoughts please......

02-15-10, 04:24 PM   #6
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite creates chat channels. Unfortunately they are randomly named so blocking them, if your addon allows it, needs to be done constantly.

Carbonite does have two options to turn off what you may be seeing.

Under the Carb options head to "Privacy & Com" (on left of options window)
UNCHECK the two that say:
Disable Global Channel
Disable Zone Channel

You can play around with these and the other settings to see what works with you.

02-15-10, 06:38 PM   #7
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Or set up Chatter not to resend messages with your name in it to SCT.

02-22-10, 10:36 PM   #8
mystaken1
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by rackmfool View Post
Now there is one other thing. Carbonite has a Channel named "CrbZ101411" that is what Chatter is posting in SCT.
I have this CrbZ.........#.... that continually opens in the custom chat channels area. Verry annoying as it constantly makes 'clicking' noises in the background...
I uninstalled/deleted Carbonite after the patch that updated Blizzs quest system as I Carbonite was interfering...ALL carbonite files have been removed from my computer yet I am STILL getting crbz channels opening whenever I change zones. I am also now getting problems with my quest log updating new/finished quests unless I log out and then log back on.
HOW DO I GET RID OF ALL CARBONITE INFLUENCES???

02-23-10, 04:51 PM   #9
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you delete all the Carbonite folders in your addons directory then you are all set. Carb will not run after that nor is it able to do anything at all once those files are gone.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Spam Across my Screen..... Help please.