03-13-09, 04:35 PM   #1
manic657
A Murloc Raider
Ok, having a bit of a problem

Ok, so my interface shows up as nothing but green bars and its really aggravating because this ui looks really good. Here is a picture of my problem.
(Note: I tried running wow with only the nui addon but still the same problem.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_031309_183210.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	532.8 KB
ID:	2355  

Last edited by manic657 : 03-13-09 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Adding attachment

03-13-09, 05:13 PM   #2
manic657
A Murloc Raider
Ok, not sure what was wrong, but I did a repair on my wow and now it works.

03-13-09, 05:19 PM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by manic657 View Post
Ok, so my interface shows up as nothing but green bars and its really aggravating because this ui looks really good. Here is a picture of my problem.
You're definately *not* running with with just nUI because those unit frames at the top of your screen are *not* nUI's. So there's definitely some conflicts going on there.

I do see that you have it fixed, but I still want to *strongly* recommend you go to http://www.nUIaddon.com/documentation.html then click on the "Installation" tab and follow the instructions for a first time install.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-13-09, 05:46 PM   #4
manic657
A Murloc Raider
I found out my friend had added crap to my patch folder that changed some other things, so I removed them.

03-13-09, 05:56 PM   #5
manic657
A Murloc Raider
Also, I had put my addons back in before I decided to take that picture, that's why you see them. But I had tried it without any addons except nui.

03-14-09, 09:05 AM   #6
wreck
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

It can be confusing. In the nUI user document you will find this statement:

There are no special installation requirements for this mod and nUI does not require that you set up or modify any files in your WTF folder
And yet the Installation instructions specifically tell you to:
Exit WoW and rename your [ WTF ] folder to [ WTF.saved ] as well a renaming your [ Interface ] folder to [ Interface.saved ]
Bottom line, nUI can conflict with other mods you have preinstalled. Although like most mod developers the author likes to say the other mods interfere with nUI

You shouldn't need to do anything other than to install nUI and it works. However, if you find there are problems, following the nUI install instructions can help you figure out what mods are causing the problems.

Oh and don't let your friends install stuff on your computer. Period. Doing tech support and writing security software for years I can tell you that most customer problems start out with "My friend (co-worker/little brother) installed something on my computer and now I can't do ..."

03-14-09, 09:09 AM   #7
Doomlord
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by wreck View Post

Bottom line, nUI can conflict with other mods you have preinstalled. Although like most mod developers the author likes to say the other mods interfere with nUI

You shouldn't need to do anything other than to install nUI and it works. However, if you find there are problems, following the nUI install instructions can help you figure out what mods are causing the problems.

Oh and don't let your friends install stuff on your computer. Period. Doing tech support and writing security software for years I can tell you that most customer problems start out with "My friend (co-worker/little brother) installed something on my computer and now I can't do ..."
In fact the WTF step is by no means mandatory for a nUI installation. It is there as a precaution step. (I never did that and my nUI is perfectly functional )

03-14-09, 09:44 AM   #8
Delmara
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by manic657 View Post
I know you fixed it by repairing wow. Another suggestion is to make sure you have the latest video driver installed for your video card as well.

Del-

03-14-09, 10:07 AM   #9
spiel2001
nUI's Author

There's actually a reason for that apparently conflicting set of statements.

The bottom line is that a LOT of users have been using UI compilations that have made a lot of other changes to other mods, some of which are very common mods. In addition, WoW loads everything in the WTF folder even if there is no longer a mod associated with it.

So... the first time install set of removing the WTF folder is intended to accomplish two things... (1) reset all mods to their default settings so that if the user re-installs them to use with nUI they are doing so in their default configuration without and modifications made by other UI compilations and (2) eliminate any wasted memory and odd defined variables that may make other mods behave in unexpected ways if an associated mod is no longer installed. In many cases, the WTF variables contain data about relationships between mods that can cause issues, as well.

The "remove the WTF" folder step serves to put the entire game and UI into a known state. As an IT person, you know the value of having a known state to start from when you're trying to track down a problem.

Originally Posted by wreck View Post

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-16-09, 07:10 AM   #10
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Delmara View Post
make sure you have the latest video driver installed for your video card

Del-
Del beat me to it... good call Del!

03-16-09, 09:15 AM   #11
Delmara
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Del beat me to it... good call Del!
*grins all cheesy like*

03-16-09, 09:49 AM   #12
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Delmara View Post
*grins all cheesy like*
Cheese huh?

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

03-16-09, 09:53 AM   #13
Doomlord
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Cheese huh?

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!
Haha, it's following you all over.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Ok, having a bit of a problem