11-08-06, 07:52 AM   #1
ikonfokkah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Replacing gfx of buttons?

Im trying to find out if there is such a mod which allows you to replace the graphics of the buttons on bars(much like the Circled addon for Bartender2, but with a bit more possibilities)

Im not interrested in using Discord mods, they are awesome in terms of function, but HORRIBLE in terms of performance. It makes the game more or less unplayable for me in a lot of situations.

Ive tried alot of action bar addons before(DAB, Flexbar, CTmod +++) and have now landed on Bartender2, which I find to be very good, a little limited in possibilities, but its still pretty good with great performance. The thing I love the most about it is possibly the Circled addon, which allows me to have a different graphics on the actual buttons, sadly it only allows me to use one button texture, and I would like to have some more :P. So I tried to just copy the BT2Circled addon and just renamed alot of names in the .lua files, only to find out that instead of getting a new addon which I could use for a 2nd texture, it only replaced Circled, with the one I just made :O

So I guess my question is, is there a addon which will allow me to chance out the button graphics for any addon? I can easily make the textures themselves, I just need a damn addon that will let me do it, without killing performance :P(Again, Discord addons is a nono)
11-08-06, 11:32 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Look at the code in cyCircled (http://www.wowace.com/files) for ideas. This mod has several textures for Bartender2 (as well as the Ace2 version of Autobar, Bongos Itemrack, TrinketMenu, XAD) butttons (circled like BT2Circled, Sprocket, Gloss, etc). The mod is still in beta so the code may have some bugs, however it will give you a good idea where to start and may even provide the platform you need.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Replacing gfx of buttons?