07-09-08, 09:24 AM   #61
noble8
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm i can't think what could be doing this, do you have any other addons which effect the chat window.

try /nui rl
if no luck you can delete your saved variables for nUI, and nUI addon folder and reinstall it.

Last edited by noble8 : 07-09-08 at 09:27 AM.

07-09-08, 09:34 AM   #62
Peanutbutter
A Murloc Raider
i only have nui installed atm.

If i reload the ui, it doesn't save the posistion of my chat boxes =(

07-09-08, 09:37 AM   #63
noble8

Well you can wait for spiel2001 to come online and maybe he has a fix.

Or you can try removing the nUI saved variables and nUI addon, and reinstall.

07-09-08, 09:50 AM   #64
Peanutbutter
A Murloc Raider
anyway in particular other then just deleting the nui folder?

07-09-08, 10:07 AM   #65
noble8

Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
anyway in particular other then just deleting the nui folder?
Remove nUI.lua from WTF-->Account-->account name-->savedvariables

Remove the nUI addon folder from Interface-->Addons

Download gain from WoWI

07-09-08, 10:16 AM   #66
Peanutbutter
A Murloc Raider
oki now just to wait for speile to come on =D
i done the whole removing and redownloading and still the same problem =(

my quick fix atm is just to make a new window to have for chat but the thing aint saving anyway. Damn this game =(

Love the mod tho hehe

Last edited by Peanutbutter : 07-09-08 at 12:14 PM.

07-09-08, 02:20 PM   #67
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I love this mod altho i do have a problem.

Im having trouble with the chat window, everytime i try and move it the scroll down buttons blow out of proportion and it really bugs me that i have to have either the combat and chat window in the normal posistion or have them together =( if you need a ss to show u wat i mean ill be happy to take one. Is there something i can do so i can have combat window in the place provided and the chat window above the dashboard?

Also wish the buttons could be bigger but o well =D too small for my clicky like playstyle
The chat window and the combat log are both managed by nUI. I'm afraid there's no allowance made for moving either of them at this time.

I'm afraid there's little I can do about the buttons at this time, as well. Most people are complaining that everything is too big as it is... trying to make things bigger will be suicide. ~smile~ I can only ask that you be patient until the configuration panels are all coded and then you can move and size buttons to your heart's content.

07-09-08, 02:23 PM   #68
spiel2001
nUI's Author

oki guess im gonna have to SS this to show u wat i mean =D

And ill try that thing wid the ui.

The reason you're having that button problem is due to the way that Bliz manages those buttons when you move and size the frame. As I mentioned in my last post, nUI manages both the chat frame and the combat log and there's no provision for moving either at this time... thus the odd button size you see when you do move it. Bliz is getting confused about where the button is supposed to be anchored.

07-09-08, 02:31 PM   #69
Peanutbutter
A Murloc Raider
thought it might be something stupid like that.
Maybe you could add chat box moving into future versions of nui if you got time =)

Thanks for your help anyway =D i could prolly just do wid a bigger monitor tbh hehe to make teh buttons bigger

07-10-08, 09:45 AM   #70
spiel2001
nUI's Author

thought it might be something stupid like that.
Maybe you could add chat box moving into future versions of nui if you got time =)

Thanks for your help anyway =D i could prolly just do wid a bigger monitor tbh hehe to make teh buttons bigger
Being able to move the chat box will occur at some point in time. I'm not sure, however, if I'll ever plan on managing chat and combat log separately. I'll have to think on that one.

07-10-08, 11:57 AM   #71
Gilford84
A Kobold Labourer
Smile

realy nice addon tryed it today and loved it just 1question do the addon has any other grafic like artwork to change it? if yes where? cant find it... maybe you said it already in this forum and i missed it then sorry for asking again

07-10-08, 12:04 PM   #72
noble8

Originally Posted by Gilford84 View Post
realy nice addon tryed it today and loved it just 1question do the addon has any other grafic like artwork to change it? if yes where? cant find it... maybe you said it already in this forum and i missed it then sorry for asking again
Not atm,

in that case u are suggesting an option like this.
spiel will answer

07-10-08, 05:11 PM   #73
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Gilford84 View Post

Gilford --

Thank you for the kind word. There are no other skins for nUI yet, only the one dashboard graphic that's currently provided. However, the program is designed to support multiple skins and once I've completed the core work and the configuration screens, then I'll attend to offering alternate skins.

If anyone else is interested in creating alternate graphics for the dashboard and/or console, feel free to. If you can create graphics in PNG, JPG, TIFF, TGA or even Photoshop PSD formats, I can convert them to WoW's BLP format.

The dashboard is 2560 x 512 (the 512 is at the center only).

If you want to submit art for alternate graphics, you can e-mail them to me at [email protected] or post them as optional files here on WoWI

07-10-08, 05:15 PM   #74
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Just to update everyone on my progress, I have coded new custom pet, stance, shapeshift and possession bars and am now just dealing with getting them to scale correctly with the dashboard and beginning testing. Another day or two I should be ready for public testing.

Again... my apologies for the delay in dealing with this bug. It's been the most challenging one so far.

07-10-08, 08:57 PM   #75
Kailef
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
So, in theory, you can edit the WTF\Account\{your account}\SavedVariables\nUI.lua file and move, resize and option any unit frame you like pretty much any way you like. But that's not really a solution for 100+ people unless there were multiple nUI.lua config files for with and without HUD arcs, etc.
Yikes. I had a look at nUI.lua and the nUI_UnitLayouts span from line 123 all the way to line 4708. That's a lot of config. Heh. I was going to see if I could "jury rig" it for the time being, but I got a headache just looking at it. *laugh*

Anyhow, I look forward to seeing what configuration options pop up in later versions, especially along the lines of configuring the "depth" of the Target (of target, of target, etc) frames and the ability to display health bars, along with the removal (not that I'd ever do it personally) of the HUD arcs.

.....On a completely unrelated note - I'm not certain if this will help you, but I ran across it earlier and I thought that maybe it would be useful in your quest to fix the Petbar taint issue. I added it into my modset near the beginning of the year to fix Petbar issues and I haven't taken it out yet. I don't profess to understand the code within, so don't blame me if it's entirely useless.

PetBarFix.toc

Code:
## Interface: 20100
## Title: a |cff0000ffPetBar|r-fix (|cff00ff00Dri|r)
## Version: 1.08
## Author: Driizt of Bronzebeard
## Notes: Enables PetBar showing/hiding normally if pet is called or dismissed in combat (bugfix for WoW 2.x).
## Dependencies: 
PetBarFix.lua
PetBarFix.lua

Code:
--[[
	Description: Fix for the issue with taint 
	preventing the petbar from showing/hiding normally
	when pet is called or dismissed during combat.
	Date: January 12, 2007
	Author: Driizt of Bronzebeard (EU)
	Tested: enGB, ver 2.0.3, 2.0.4, 2.0.5, 2.0.6, 2.0.7, 2.0.8, 2.0.10, 2.0.12, 2.1.0
]]

local _G = getfenv(0);
local broken = _G.GetBuildInfo();
broken = string.gsub(broken,"%.","");
broken = tonumber(broken);
if broken < 1000 then broken = broken * 10 end;
if --[[broken >= 2100 or]] broken < 2000 then return end;

function FixIncombatPetBar()
	if PetActionBarFrame then
		PetActionBarFrame:SetAttribute("unit", "pet");
		RegisterUnitWatch(PetActionBarFrame);
		if DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME then
			DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("|cff0000ffPetBarFix|r Loaded! Client Build: |cffff0000"..broken.."|r", 0,1,1);
		end
	end
end

local PBF = CreateFrame("Frame","PetBarFix_Frame");
PBF:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD");
PBF:SetScript("OnEvent", function() FixIncombatPetBar() end);

07-11-08, 04:11 PM   #76
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Kailef View Post
Yikes. I had a look at nUI.lua and the nUI_UnitLayouts span from line 123 all the way to line 4708. That's a lot of config. Heh. I was going to see if I could "jury rig" it for the time being, but I got a headache just looking at it. *laugh*

Anyhow, I look forward to seeing what configuration options pop up in later versions, especially along the lines of configuring the "depth" of the Target (of target, of target, etc) frames and the ability to display health bars, along with the removal (not that I'd ever do it personally) of the HUD arcs.

.....On a completely unrelated note - I'm not certain if this will help you, but I ran across it earlier and I thought that maybe it would be useful in your quest to fix the Petbar taint issue. I added it into my modset near the beginning of the year to fix Petbar issues and I haven't taken it out yet. I don't profess to understand the code within, so don't blame me if it's entirely useless.

OMG -- I wish I had thought of that before now. That's a brilliant fix. It doesn't solve the problem with the possession bar or the shapeshift stance bar, but it would work like a champ for the pet bar.

I'll probably end up using it as a backup. Thanks way much for bringing it to my attention.

And yes... the unit frame stuff stretches on forever. However, look at Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\nUI_UnitLayout.lua and you'll see all the options... that will make it easy to search for keywords and set values according to your tastes.

07-12-08, 02:57 AM   #77
Seer
A Molten Giant
And a good day to all,

Quick question, does the pet bar problem also affect the Kara chess event ?

Just asking as I did get a "cancel" (looked like the sacrifice void button) and a "move" (Not the boots, just labeled move, but didn't do much..Looks like the Soul link) I thought these were part of the normal UI buttons during Chess (so I didn't make a screenshot) but can't find a picture or video that shows them.. Hope you know what I'm babbling about then..

Love the mod so far, no major problems (Chess can be done with 9 easily, I just sit and watch :-p) for me at all, and no small ones either.

/edit
Maybe also a small suggestion, would it be possible to have the bar in the unit frames where the name is be used as a health (and/or mana) bar as wel ? Might make it a bit more readable then the way the healt/mana bars are displayed in the frames now.

Last edited by Seer : 07-12-08 at 07:30 AM.

07-12-08, 11:18 AM   #78
Kailef
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Seer View Post
Maybe also a small suggestion, would it be possible to have the bar in the unit frames where the name is be used as a health (and/or mana) bar as wel ? Might make it a bit more readable then the way the healt/mana bars are displayed in the frames now.
*Nods sagely* And may the great and powerful spiel2001 hear our meager pleas.

07-12-08, 12:18 PM   #79
Seer
A Molten Giant
Ah, well I do remember that some people "complaint" about the current health bars, but don't recall anybody suggesting this.. Sorry if it allready was suggested

07-12-08, 01:10 PM   #80
Healsferu
A Kobold Labourer
Hmmm

Would like to try this UI to see how well it works I have been using Mazzle's UI forever and well Mazzle stopped supporting it quite a while ago so everytime there is a patch it dies a little bit more each time. What I would love to see someone post is a couple PICS of the UI working while in a GROUP and in a RAID so I can see what the Party/Raid Frames look like. So far looks like a very nice Job so far. First UI where I have ever read the Entire Forum.

Healsferu
Guildmaster of Simplicity
Perenolde Server
70 Holy Priest

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement