Name:	未命名 -1.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	735.3 KB
ID:	2999
06-28-09, 11:16 AM   #342
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Anjalena View Post
OMG, some gorgeous wallpapers! The colored jars and the pirate ships are my favorites! *drool*

Where can I go to get amazing wallpapers? I haven't really found a good place.
Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
The jars are found on a site called digitalplasphemy.com the artist who runs that site has some truly amazing wallpaper you can access for free which he changes up every so often. The ships i dont know but would love to find out as well.
I'm pretty sure someone at deviantart made it. I'm going to start putting a location in the properties summary when I get art of this quality.

The name of the image as downloaded was "Battle of Ancient Sea.jpg". I can't find it in google or searching deviantart site, though. I feel so dirty for not remembering much about where/how I got it, or who made it. Maybe I need a spanking .
06-28-09, 12:01 PM   #343
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I'm pretty sure someone at deviantart made it. I'm going to start putting a location in the properties summary when I get art of this quality.

The name of the image as downloaded was "Battle of Ancient Sea.jpg". I can't find it in google or searching deviantart site, though. I feel so dirty for not remembering much about where/how I got it, or who made it. Maybe I need a spanking .
The painting is by Radojavar. You can find the image for purchase here.

Last edited by Petrah : 06-28-09 at 12:07 PM.
06-28-09, 12:08 PM   #344
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
The painting is by Radojavar. You can find the image for purchase here.

Now I see why I couldn't figure it out.. I'll note it in the properties. Thanks much, because it was starting to bother me (feelings of aging).

Last edited by Yhor : 06-28-09 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Edited per Silenia's request
06-28-09, 12:10 PM   #345
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Now I see why I couldn't figure it out.. I'll note it in the properties. Thanks much, because it was starting to bother me (feelings of aging).
Could you edit your post (my quote), pretty please? I had to remove the link from my original post as I found out that the image is for sale only.
06-28-09, 12:21 PM   #346
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Could you edit your post (my quote), pretty please? I had to remove the link from my original post as I found out that the image is for sale only.

Fixed. Should I also remove the images from here, on this thread? I'll PM the artist to try to sort out the ugliness that has happened (unknowingly). Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

*hugs*
06-28-09, 02:21 PM   #347
Irgnoam
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Not that it's that hard to just... steal it...
06-28-09, 03:24 PM   #348
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I went to the site. You can download it but have to pay for a print. Is a jpeg a print in thier site? Or are they talking about an actual piece of paper?

Never dealt with deviantart.com as a patron before.
06-28-09, 03:29 PM   #349
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

That's too bad You're missing out on a very nice piece of software.
Well -- I am trying it on my WoW system. Can't use it on the system I use for work until I better understand the impact it may have.

Thanks for pointing it out everyone...
06-28-09, 03:31 PM   #350
Blinky12
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Not mine but very nice. Also could anyone tell me what this guy uses, i know rocketdock is one thing but theres a ton of cool stuff there, thanks

Last edited by Blinky12 : 06-28-09 at 03:33 PM.
06-28-09, 03:35 PM   #351
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

That stuff around the edge is from sysstats, a rocketdock plugin. He creates configuration files that set up sysstats building edges. Haven't figured out how yet but it is interesting.
06-28-09, 03:45 PM   #352
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Mycroftxxx1 View Post
I went to the site. You can download it but have to pay for a print. Is a jpeg a print in thier site? Or are they talking about an actual piece of paper?

Never dealt with deviantart.com as a patron before.

I was wondering the same thing. Ive been trying to confirm my login info via email confirmation (I have an old account there that I can't remember the info for, and have no access to the old email to reset password) so I can send the artist a note/pm letting them know of their art being somewhere else, and asking what I can use on my computer without violating his work. Whenever I can get their system and/or my email network to get together, I'll message them and relay back here... if someone has an active account there and wants to point them here (or asks them, there, on their comment page), though, I have no problem with that if it gives everyone clarity (and me piece of mind ).

EDIT:
Not mine but very nice. Also could anyone tell me what this guy uses, i know rocketdock is one thing but theres a ton of cool stuff there, thanks
I think that is Samuriae (spelling?). There is a lot of stuff on RocketDock from them/him/her, incorporating sysstats. I like looking at it, but it's not my style; you should be able to find all Samuriae (sp?) stuff on RocketDock's site.

Last edited by Yhor : 06-28-09 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Added info on RocketDock.
06-28-09, 04:51 PM   #353
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Fixed. Should I also remove the images from here, on this thread? I'll PM the artist to try to sort out the ugliness that has happened (unknowingly). Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

*hugs*
I probably would, but it's totally up to you. I've got some of my own work up at Rocketdock..... but those wallpapers there, apparently it's not the best place to get them.

/hugs
06-28-09, 06:04 PM   #354
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I probably would, but it's totally up to you. I've got some of my own work up at Rocketdock..... but those wallpapers there, apparently it's not the best place to get them.

/hugs
I deleted the image. I also messaged the artist letting them know what had happened, and left a comment on the piece's page (in case they don't read mail).

I really need to get better at Gimp, or buy PS. Some of the stuff floating around is really great stuff.
07-02-09, 02:20 PM   #355
Blinky12
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Mycroftxxx1 View Post
That stuff around the edge is from sysstats, a rocketdock plugin. He creates configuration files that set up sysstats building edges. Haven't figured out how yet but it is interesting.
I think that is Samuriae (spelling?). There is a lot of stuff on RocketDock from them/him/her, incorporating sysstats. I like looking at it, but it's not my style; you should be able to find all Samuriae (sp?) stuff on RocketDock's site.
thanks both
07-02-09, 07:46 PM   #356
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
I must say that these desktop are not only AMAZING looking but in most cases simply beautiful.

I only wish I had the desire and motivation to do this myself. It's just I really don't see the need to redesign the complete look of my desktop short of a wallpaper I spend as little time on my staring at my desktop and more time doing other things .. like play WoW and browse these here forums .

But I will take a look at rocketdock. Maybe something will spark my interest.
07-08-09, 02:42 PM   #357
Xarl
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Ok here is my Desktop

07-08-09, 08:33 PM   #358
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
NIce car .. I want one

Just curious as to why you have two WoW Icons.
07-08-09, 08:35 PM   #359
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

One is probably for PTR I would think. I've got two also.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
07-09-09, 03:32 AM   #360
Xarl
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
One is probably for PTR I would think. I've got two also.
Bingo!!!

The Candidate has 100 points

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Screenshot of your Desktop