12-07-10, 07:23 AM   #1
funktion
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Auto quests?

How do we get Carbonite to work with the new Auto quests in dungeons. I ran the Blackrock Caverns and there was a quest at the beginning. I picked it up and completed it, but had to go back to the beginning to turn it in. My guildmate who doesn't have this addon said he saw a big yellow ! in the rooms with the bosses and was able to get the next quest automatically.

12-07-10, 02:59 PM   #2
jhelms62
A Murloc Raider
Same issue here - I miss my Carbonite! No one else is mentioning this - is it a config issue?

12-07-10, 05:01 PM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
No, it's a usage issue.

Assuming you have the latest Carbonite (4.031, I think) you should see, on the quest tracker, a message in red telling you to click the tracking button to the left of the quest name to turn in the quest. Alternatively, you can use alt-L to open the Blizzard quest log, and click the "complete quest" button there.

12-08-10, 05:14 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

I, too, were doing Blackrock Caverns yesterday.

I've never had an issue with completing or accepting quests from Blizzard's own interface while running Carbonite. A red "turn in" window appears on my achievement tracker (maybe it's because you're using Carbonite to track achievements?) and I just click that.

Only problem I've run into so far is that I can't turn quests in while dead, so that red window disappeared when I clicked on it while dead, without popping up the window. At that point I used Carbonite to turn in, and clicked the yellow question mark next to the quest in question, no pun intended.

Also, the yellow exclamation marks on terrain indicates that once you go past that point, you'll be given a quest.

12-08-10, 05:44 PM   #5
funktion
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I did end up seeing the red text in my tracker. I have noticed though that most often when given one of these automatic quests it defaults to a not watched state, so you have to open the quest log and click the white dot next to it in order for it to show up in the quest tracker.

I also noticed that when logging into SW the other day for the first time I was given an automatic quest. This time there was a special dialog above the quest tracker. (something along the lines of "you've been given a quest or accepted a quest"?) My question is: is there a way to move or highlight this dialog? The way I have my buttons, map, tracker; this dialog shows up partially obscured by my Map.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Auto quests?