07-04-11, 10:21 PM   #1
Solauwren
A Kobold Labourer
Question Problems with the mini map zooming on Carbonite

since patch 4.2 i have been having an issue when i select a quest to know where it is, the carbonite mini map zooms out too far. how can i change it to where it doesnt zoom at all? i played around with the scale settings and that didnt work for me. any insight would be helpful. also when collecting quests, the color on the mini map hasnt been showing up until i click on the quest. some insight on that would be helpful if any. that problem didnt start until 7-4-11

07-05-11, 08:30 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Solauwren View Post
since patch 4.2 i have been having an issue when i select a quest to know where it is, the carbonite mini map zooms out too far. how can i change it to where it doesnt zoom at all? i played around with the scale settings and that didnt work for me. any insight would be helpful. also when collecting quests, the color on the mini map hasnt been showing up until i click on the quest. some insight on that would be helpful if any. that problem didnt start until 7-4-11
First things first: Carbonite has one map and it is either maximized (large, like Blizzards World Map) or minimized (minimap sized but NOT the minimap). Blizzard gives us three maps: The Minimap (found in the upper right corner of your screen), the World Map (the big map) and the Zone (sometimes referred to as the Battleground) Map. A technicality, to be sure, but it occasionally helps to use the correct terms when explaining something.

For your first problem: On the Carbonite map, look at the top right corner of the frame and you should see two small boxes. If the left most of the two has a check mark in it, click it to uncheck it. If you hover the box, I believe the tool tip will say "Auto scale". That should stop the map from zooming out to show both your position and the go to point on the map.

For your second problem, look at the Quest Watch window header (the top part where the colored buttons are). Make sure the green button (first one on the left) is bright green. If it isn't, just click on it to change it. Here's an explanation for those buttons:
Quest Watch List

The watch window is draggable but not sizeable. It grows and shrinks as needed based on the quests you are currently watching. The Watch window can be made into a sizeable scrolling list if "Use fixed size list" is checked in the Quest Watch page of the Options window.

The green button toggles if all watched quests will be shown on the map and is on by default.

The purple "Auto Track" button will target the highest priority quest objective and updates dynamically as you move. Priority is based on distance, quest level and if the quest is complete.

The yellow/blue "Quest Givers" button shows Quest Giver icons on the map. Normal ones are shown as parchment icons. Daily quest givers as blue ! icons.

Button colors:
Dark yellow = No givers
Yellow = Quest givers and daily givers
Blue = Daily givers

The white "Show Party Quests" button determines if quests from other party members with Carbonite will also be shown in the Watch List.
This is a direct "copy-n-paste" from the "CarboniteReadMe" file that is included in every installation of Carbonite and can be found in your main Carbonite folder at "Path to your WoW folder\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\CarboniteReadMe.txt".

I highly suggest that every Carbonite user read that file. It contains a lot of information about what Carbonite does, and how to set it up.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

07-17-11, 09:19 AM   #3
BlueDrache
A Defias Bandit
While I appreciate the help, the "Auto Scale" is in a very arcane and obscure position. The first place I looked for this was in the OPTIONS menu ... and it was driving me bat**** because I couldn't find it.

I'd like to suggest that this option be moved into the main maps options.

07-17-11, 12:36 PM   #4
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Solauwren View Post
I struggled with the "Scale" settings for hours, yesterday. But, I couldn't get them to actually do anything. My larger map of the two scales way out each tme I open it, forcing me to use mouse scroll button, or the "-" (reduce) option on the map itself. The mini-map has the same issue, but for some reason, it isn't quite as noticeable as on the larger map.

07-17-11, 09:54 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by BlueDrache View Post
While I appreciate the help, the "Auto Scale" is in a very arcane and obscure position. The first place I looked for this was in the OPTIONS menu ... and it was driving me bat**** because I couldn't find it.

I'd like to suggest that this option be moved into the main maps options.
Think about that for a moment, please. You are talking about the "Auto Scale" option for the map. Where better to put it than on the map frame itself? Imagine the complaints if you had to open Carbonites options to find and enable/disable it. I'm guessing that's why it's where it is.

Kreelor:
When you get either map to the view (zoom) you like, right click a non-icon area of the map and in the menu click on "Save Map Scale". I believe they both (minimized and maximized) save the scale independent of each other. There is also an option in that menu to "Restore Map Scale". This option, though, is to... well... restore the map scale (after you have saved it, of course) if you see that it isn't looking right for the way you have it set. You can also set a key bind to "Restore Map Scale" in the Blizzard key-binding interface. Just open the default key-binding window and scroll down to the Carbonite bindings and look for that option. After saving the map scale, you might want to do a quick UI reload (although I'm not entirely sure it's necessary to save the scale) to force Carbonite to save it in the SavedVariables.

If you mean the "Scale" menu when you right click the map, that mostly has to do with the icons and such, but nothing at all to do with the actual scale of either of the maps (Blizzard or Carbonite).

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-17-11 at 10:10 PM.

07-18-11, 12:09 PM   #6
Kreelor
A Firelord

Jeffy162. That's where I went wrong. Thanks for pointing it out. I must have blurry vision from playing the game so much, that I looked at, but didn't even see that text! ha ha. You folks are all really helpful! Thanks again.

07-18-11, 11:08 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Problems with the mini map zooming on Carbonite