12-29-13, 08:29 AM   #1
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

addons error

I have a pop up window about addons errors and in LUA window i see somehting about ION. Why that? i updated today DBM, OmniCC and Aloft, not Ion.

Last edited by xromania™ : 12-29-13 at 08:37 AM.
12-29-13, 08:40 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nobody can help you if you don't post the actual error message.
12-29-13, 08:45 AM   #3
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

looking in Ion coments, i see all have this problem and a guy had a fix, but he didnt explain clearly what we need to edit
here http://www.wowinterface.com/download...10636#comments
see last 2 posts

Me and others cant play Wow without Ion, why nobody help to improve this addon, if the addon author almost left us?

Last edited by xromania™ : 12-29-13 at 09:01 AM.
12-29-13, 09:54 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Maul abandoned Ion before he even finished writing it. It's been on life support since day one. I loved Macaroon, but when Cataclysm came out and the ill-fated decision was made to write Ion instead of simply update Macaroon, I had to find a new action bar addon. I suggest you do the same.

I use Bartender4; it does almost everything I used Macaroon for. You can specify your own paging and visibility conditions. The main "problem" is that you can't set macros directly on the buttons, but I found I can easily live without that feature. You can almost certainly cut down your macro usage to fit in the space Blizzard gives you, and unless you have a weird "artistic" setup, I can't see the "10 bars, 12 buttons per bar" limit being a real problem either. This is probably why nobody has stepped up to take over Ion, or write a similar addon; it's a huge amount of work, and not really worth it when you can just use another bar addon + the Blizzard macro system.

Dominos is another option, and I know lots of people love it, but I found the configuration annoying and unintuitive, and there was (at the time; I don't know if there is now) no way to write your own paging and visibility conditions using macro conditionals. Feel free to give it a try, though.
12-29-13, 09:58 AM   #5
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
I haven't looked at the code but just from reading the comments it seems corveroth is suggeting the fix is replacing line 105 of Ion-Broker.LUA with

Code:
if (type(obj) == "table" and type(rawget(obj, 0)) == "userdata" and type(obj.GetName) == "function") and (type(obj.IsForbidden) == "function" and not obj:IsForbidden()) then
12-29-13, 02:25 PM   #6
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

thanks; but what line 105 lol, there are not lines or are only few.......

please help, see the Ion-broker in attachment
Attached Files
File Type: lua Ion-Broker.lua (3.7 KB, 175 views)

Last edited by xromania™ : 12-29-13 at 02:27 PM.
12-29-13, 02:52 PM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Line numbers are showable in some text editors but if yours doesn't give that option try doing a search for the following block of code:

local function DelayedUpdate(self, elapsed)

and then look for the line 10 lines lower as that is supposed to start on line 95.

It currently says

if (type(obj) == "table" and type(rawget(obj, 0)) == "userdata" and type(obj.GetName) == "function") then

you just need to replace that line with what was suggested.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
12-29-13, 04:33 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Dominos is another option, and I know lots of people love it, but I found the configuration annoying and unintuitive, and there was (at the time; I don't know if there is now) no way to write your own paging and visibility conditions using macro conditionals. Feel free to give it a try, though.
Dominos has had that functionality for as long as I've used it (which was pretty early on, iirc).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-29-13, 07:42 PM   #9
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

Phanx i think i tried Bartender. This can put the buttons, for example, in a circle? look a image with my buttons. I have like 50 bars, each with only one button, because i want to place the buttons in random places on screen, not all together in lines...
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3111/cxcxe.jpg

And you sure Ion wont survive? i see is still ok and updated few months ago (by Maul?)

Xrystal ty, that worked, ill see if is really ok now

Last edited by xromania™ : 12-29-13 at 07:45 PM.
12-29-13, 07:44 PM   #10
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Dominos has had that functionality for as long as I've used it (which was pretty early on, iirc).
I just checked it again, because every time I say that, someone tells me I'm wrong... and surprise, surprise, I'm still not wrong. There are still the same 4 tiny pages in the same tiny bar config window for "which page do you want to use for X, Y, and Z" but there is still no way to define custom paging states using macro conditionals and no way to make those conditions work in combination -- eg. [bar:2, harm] page 3, [bar:2] page 2, [bar:1] page 1 -- to (partially) emulate that functionality. It's just not there. If you don't need that functionality, that's great, and you're welcome to use the addon. However, I really wish you fanboys/girls would quit crawling out of the woodwork to offer up false defenses when I point out the simple reality that Dominos does not have this feature.
12-29-13, 07:48 PM   #11
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

Phanx you posted in same time with me and didnt saw my post.

I think you made a chat addon i used. Now i use prat and chatter. How can i repeat last message in chat without using alt? (alt + arrows). Before the patch i was able without alt

Last edited by xromania™ : 12-29-13 at 07:55 PM.
12-29-13, 08:21 PM   #12
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
Phanx i think i tried Bartender. This can put the buttons, for example, in a circle? look a image with my buttons. I have like 50 bars, each with only one button, because i want to place the buttons in random places on screen, not all together in lines...
Okay, that's the "weird artistic setup" I was talking about. I have no idea why you would want your buttons in random places all over the screen like that, but no, Bartender won't do that, and neither will Dominos. Maybe try ButtonForge though I've never tried it so I can't say for sure whether it will let you do that either.

And you sure Ion wont survive? i see is still ok and updated few months ago (by Maul?
Every update since its release has been "life support" only -- eg. fixing critical bugs. There has been no active development, and as far as I know (based on reading the changelogs since the last time I used it) it's still missing some major features, like the ability to input custom page definitions (that part of the GUI is just blank), support for different setups on different characters, etc. If all the features you need are working, and you can live with it taking weeks or months for critical bugs -- like the error you reported -- to get fixed, feel free to keep using it.

However, I'd highly recommend you start finding a replacement now, while you can do it at your leisure. The fact that a critical error that is immediately obvious to everyone hasn't been fixed after almost a month, despite it being reported and being fixable in 10 seconds of drycoding, seems like a pretty clear sign that the author is not playing WoW, and nobody is really maintaining that addon.

I think you made a chat addon i used. Now i use prat and chatter. How i can repeat last message in chat without using alt? (alt + arrows). Before the patch i was able without alt
Why would you use both Prat and Chatter? That's got to be close to 100% feature overlap...

Anyway, Blizzard broke Alt+Up/Down in 5.4. If you want it back, your options are:

1) Use an addon that provides that feature.
2) Write your own addon that provides that feature.
3) Ask the author of an addon you use to add that feature.
01-01-14, 09:08 PM   #13
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

thanks for sugestions, anyway i think Ion ill survive. But why nobody (a expert) take it? is the best

Happy new year for addons authors and all! *in 2014 our enemies will fall. The dark times will pass. The Eternal Sun guides us

Last edited by xromania™ : 01-01-14 at 09:20 PM.
01-02-14, 12:37 AM   #14
Phanx
Cat.

But why nobody (a expert) take it? is the best
Way too much work, when you can get 99% of the same functionality by just using other addons that someone else is already maintaining.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » addons error