06-01-09, 12:02 AM   #1
Deathdancer75
A Murloc Raider

Question bout Health bar

I just started useing nUI a couple days back and I love the lay out and funtionality of everything.

I have one question bout aesthetic look of the player/target health bar

In your screen shots they are simple bars that color due to amount of health.

I have downloaded the 5.03.01 + version and on the health bars themselves is your faction symbol.

Is there away to remove this so that instead of some of the bar being hidden away by the symbol one can have full view of them ?

*Taken from http://www.nuiaddon.com/gallery.html*

*image link dosnt want to work properly for some reason. Not html savvy. This is the image of nUI home screen shot*
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...909_190924.gif

*in game shot taken moments ago*
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...109_010703.gif

Last edited by Deathdancer75 : 06-01-09 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Added screen shots

06-01-09, 02:50 AM   #2
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Firrst off you should update. The current Development nUI+ version is 5.03.06, i would recomend downloading it. The version you are running has some known issues that have been resolved. Also, the faction symbol only apears when you are flagged for pvp. I vauguely remember something about this being brought up before where it was a bit of an annoyance for players on pvp servers, try searching the forums a bit and maybe you can find it.
not for pleasure
but for survival

06-01-09, 04:05 AM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

The center of the bar was chosen for the location of the PvP icons because it is useless information. That is, a half full bar is half full... "so what" so to speak. Knowing exactly where the health/power is when it is almost zero and almost full, however, is important.

That said, it do realize the PvP icons are a pain on RP servers and it's something I hadn't really ever thought of... in that case, a PvP icon is meaningless information... you're always PvP. I'll look into a way to have the PvP icons not display on RP servers.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

06-01-09, 03:42 PM   #4
Deathdancer75
A Murloc Raider

Thank you very much.

Indeed I am on a RPPVP server.

Its not really a hassle. Dosent effect the playing style or functionality just something that is not aesthetically pleasing to the my eyes

As to the version ... I may have posted the wrong numbers cus I just downloaded the nUI+ version yesterday so Im sure its current.

06-01-09, 06:19 PM   #5
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

yes but you posted the release version spirit was suggesting you get the development version as there are many new features and some code optimization as well as quite a few bug fixes. Scott's dev. versions tend to be quite stable so its normally to your benefit to run them

06-01-09, 07:06 PM   #6
Deathdancer75
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by neuralassassin View Post
yes but you posted the release version spirit was suggesting you get the development version as there are many new features and some code optimization as well as quite a few bug fixes. Scott's dev. versions tend to be quite stable so its normally to your benefit to run them
Aye, will give it a shot.

As Ive only been using the ui for a bout three for four days now I didnt download the development version because I have no knowledge of the features of the add on. As such I wouldn't be able to properly report bugs or such so went with the released version.

06-02-09, 11:18 AM   #7
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Yeah the versions can be a little misleading at times. Scott takes an unusual aproach to them. Consider it this way. There are technicly 4-5 versions of nui out right now depending on how you look at it.

The primary version that probably 80%+ players have and are using is the Development version. This is theoreticly the Beta or test version but in actuality the way Scott does things makes it more like an open release beta or advanced user version .

Next you have the test realm version. This is basicly a pre-release version used only on the test realms when Scott is ramping up for a big patch by Blizz. Usualy does not work on the live realms. This is more acurately the beta version.

Then theres the Release version which is theoreticly the tested working version. All features etc have been tested and are functional but that version is most likely missing many recent fixes and upgrades and is actualy redundent in my opinion. Which is why most people are using the development version

Finaly theres the difference between nUI and nUI+. Some people still manage to somehow end up getting the old nUI which was split into 2 versions nUI and nUI-lite. Both of these versions are now basicly defunct and have been for some time, yet every once in a while a new user manages to get a hold of one of them by mistake. Often due to using an auto updater.

Hopefuly this may help some of the people out there that are confused and clarify things for them a bit.
not for pleasure
but for survival

06-02-09, 12:44 PM   #8
spiel2001
nUI's Author

To explain the versions in a bit more detail...

nUI Release (aka nUI Lite) is the current stable public version of nUI that anyone is free to download from anywhere and upload to anywhere provided it is not altered in any way. This version is cut as a stripped down version of the nUI+ Release at the same time a new nUI+ Release is created... it is, effectively, the viral marketing version of nUI.

nUI+ Release (aka nUI Pro) is the current stable full featured version of nUI which includes all of the raid panels and advanced features of nUI. This version is *only* available for download from here on WoWInterface and may not be uploaded to any other file hosting site or distributed by any other means. There is no regular update frequency for this version... it depends on when there's enough changes and when I feel it is stable enough to justify a new cut.

nUI+ Development is the current public beta version of nUI+ Release for use on the live realms. The development version contains all of the most current code changes, bug fixes, new features, etc. and is the version that the release is cut from when I feel it is stable enough for a new release. I *try* to put out a new development version at least once a week. Like nUI+ Release, this version is only available from here on WoWI and may not be uploaded to any other file hosting site or redistributed by any other means. Though I do mess up from time to time and let a significant bug get past me, the development version is generally very reliable, but it is on the bleeding edge and may have problems from time to time (in which case you can just roll back).

nUI+ PTR (aka the PTR Beta) is the development version of nUI for use only on the public test realms. This version is the one I use to start preparing nUI for new Blizzard patches when the next patch is incompatible with the current live realms (i.e. -- when Blizzard is preparing new features and API changes that don't work on the public servers). Once I cut a new PTR version, I stop work on the nUI+ Development version until patch day unless there's a critical bug. The nUI+ PTR version is what I use to make sure nUI will be ready for the new patch... on patch day I will cut a new nUI+ Development version from the current nUI+ PTR version and then a week or two later when I'm confident the new Development version is stable, I'll cut a release.

So, in a nutshell... nUI+ PTR is only valid for use on the public test realm and only when the public test realm is not compatible with the live realms. The nUI+ Development version is always the most current full featured version of nUI but is not considered stable and may contain non-trivial bugs. The nUI+ Release version is the current full stable version of nUI and the nUI Lite version is the stripped down viral marketing version of nUI+ Release.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

Last edited by spiel2001 : 06-02-09 at 12:47 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Question bout Health bar