01-15-10, 02:55 PM   #21
SweetPOA
A Murloc Raider
I would like to add to this topic. I as well have the same problem. I just updated to the newest version so I do not know if I will have the same problem. Here is my deal:

The only chad mod I have is Cellular to separate my Wisps.
I have my font size set to 12.
Chat settings are locked.
From time to time when I log on to a toon, any toon, the font is set to a very small font that I cannot see.
A simple /rl nui fixes this problem as well as a seperate problem with another addon.

While the problem is annoying, the fix for me has been simple.

01-15-10, 03:26 PM   #22
alverian
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by SweetPOA View Post
I would like to add to this topic. I as well have the same problem. I just updated to the newest version so I do not know if I will have the same problem. Here is my deal:

The only chad mod I have is Cellular to separate my Wisps.
I have my font size set to 12.
Chat settings are locked.
From time to time when I log on to a toon, any toon, the font is set to a very small font that I cannot see.
A simple /rl nui fixes this problem as well as a seperate problem with another addon.

While the problem is annoying, the fix for me has been simple.
I am not using a chat mod but have the same issue, I have the newest NUI+ loaded and it seems to be not happening as much as before but still does. today was the first time in a week it happened on my hunter, fonts went from .12 to something very small. A resize of fonts or a reload of the UI fixes it.

01-15-10, 03:54 PM   #23
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by alverian View Post
I am not using a chat mod but have the same issue, I have the newest NUI+ loaded and it seems to be not happening as much as before but still does. today was the first time in a week it happened on my hunter, fonts went from .12 to something very small. A resize of fonts or a reload of the UI fixes it.
Very strange. I use Prat and I haven't ever seen this behaviour...may be because Prat doesn't let it....hrm.

Marth

01-16-10, 01:58 AM   #24
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I would think a resolution could be found to this issue without having to get people to use Prat. Using Prat will only mask the problem, if it works at all.

01-16-10, 08:06 AM   #25
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah its an annoying bug that I have tried several times to replicate without prat installed and despite several font changes to all the chat windows I have they always stay the same.

I have even deliberately left my fonts to strange values so that I can monitor it whenever I log in to do stuff and see if it does it all of a sudden.

Perhaps there is another addon conflicting somehow. But I can't think how that would happen unless it has a chat functionality change ability.

01-16-10, 08:12 AM   #26
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I'm with Xrystal on this one... I have never ever been able to get this to occur even once, so I have absolutely zero clue what the issue may be.

I would be really curious to see if turning off every mod except the core nUI+ (no plugins, enhancements, nothing... just the plain nUI+ distribution) if the problem goes away. I have to believe it is a conflict with another mod.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-16-10, 10:08 AM   #27
alverian
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
I'm with Xrystal on this one... I have never ever been able to get this to occur even once, so I have absolutely zero clue what the issue may be.

I would be really curious to see if turning off every mod except the core nUI+ (no plugins, enhancements, nothing... just the plain nUI+ distribution) if the problem goes away. I have to believe it is a conflict with another mod.
Per your request, I made a copy of my addons and wtf folder and and then removed them to a safe local, and deleted the addons and wtf folders and loaded a fresh copy of NUI+ only and logged in and had the same issue, very small fonts. Set them to .12 and logged off game came back and they were little again.

01-16-10, 10:48 AM   #28
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Okay --

Next question... is the "Use UI Scale" option enabled in the WoW video options and if so, is the scale set to something less than 1.0?

01-16-10, 11:01 AM   #29
alverian
A Cliff Giant

Okay --

Next question... is the "Use UI Scale" option enabled in the WoW video options and if so, is the scale set to something less than 1.0?
No it is not enabled.

01-16-10, 01:38 PM   #30
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
And in my case I always have UI Scale checked and set at lowest setting

Alverian, are you saying they stop from being size 12 or they are small but still showing as size 12 ?

01-16-10, 02:09 PM   #31
alverian
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
And in my case I always have UI Scale checked and set at lowest setting

Alverian, are you saying they stop from being size 12 or they are small but still showing as size 12 ?
I try to keep the chat fonts for all my toons set at .12, it is better for me to see at my screen res but it will drop to a lower font size one that is not in the size drop down something like .7 or less. It now looks like it is a random change, It was on only one toon now it is happening on ones that never had an issue before. Here are some before and after the change pics.

Last edited by alverian : 01-16-10 at 02:20 PM.

01-16-10, 02:22 PM   #32
alverian
A Cliff Giant

And yes I have tried it with out the WOWhead looter app running.

01-16-10, 02:40 PM   #33
spiel2001
nUI's Author

It's hard to tell because the resolution of those posts is so low, but are those both the same font different size, or different font and different size?

01-16-10, 02:42 PM   #34
alverian
A Cliff Giant

It's hard to tell because the resolution of those posts is so low, but are those both the same font different size, or different font and different size?
same font but size changed. Top one is the small size it changes to and the bottom is the .12 I set.

01-16-10, 05:28 PM   #35
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Possibly some type of saving issue? Like when there are multiple install paths and it's getting its variables from old data. Thats the only thing I can think of. What kind of OS is it?

01-16-10, 05:31 PM   #36
alverian
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by neuralassassin View Post
Possibly some type of saving issue? Like when there are multiple install paths and it's getting its variables from old data. Thats the only thing I can think of. What kind of OS is it?
Windows XP Pro and I have full admin rights.

01-16-10, 11:13 PM   #37
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by alverian View Post
Windows XP Pro and I have full admin rights.
You didn't replace any fonts in your game fonts folder did you?

Marth

01-17-10, 03:29 AM   #38
alverian
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
You didn't replace any fonts in your game fonts folder did you?
No, all are stock Blizzard supplied fonts.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » chat font size