10-13-10, 03:49 PM   #61
Foras
Premium Member
Premium Member
Contribute

Step up to the keyboard and send these guys some money. I have income so I sent $100 and will bump it to $500 if they can get it to work for 4x.x.

Everyone has some level of contribution they can make.

If you are over 50 years, have a real job, really, really, need this addon, step up and beat me.

If you are hurting for every dime, find another way to help.

Look people - Blizz cut their guts out. As a community, we need to help.

Do what you can and it will come alone.

10-13-10, 03:51 PM   #62
TrotskyIcepick
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by xXTroubleXx View Post
24 hours from the first post.. Anyone would expect this question to be at the top of the list the day of the patch. Number one, I am suprised that they did not have a canned topic already up. Number two, wow its been 24 hours and still nothing. Yeah, I wanna rush right out and give you $$ for this great communication.
I'm not one of the moaners, but I agree with this comment. Just one response from a dev would pretty much put everybody's mind at rest one way or the other, especially for those of us that have donated in the past.

10-13-10, 03:51 PM   #63
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Foras View Post
Step up to the keyboard and send these guys some money. I have income so I sent $100 and will bump it to $500 if they can get it to work for 4x.x.

Everyone has some level of contribution they can make.

If you are over 50 years, have a real job, really, really, need this addon, step up and beat me.

If you are hurting for every dime, find another way to help.

Look people - Blizz cut their guts out. As a community, we need to help.

Do what you can and it will come alone.
Foras, you are a true hero in a virtual wilderness full of Trolls!

I salute you!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-13-10, 05:17 PM   #64
PuhPuhPally
A Defias Bandit
I don't enjoy leveling up that much. I have come to discover that I enjoy end-game content much more. I think I am not alone here. I see 30 level 80 characters for every 1 person running around leveling up a toon.

I got involved in this game because I am an avid gamer and a good friend invited me. She told me that I could have a level 80 character in no time flat because of the major exp buff that comes with recruitment. So I got to level 80 with her, explored that part of the game and thoroughly enjoyed it a great deal more than the leveling up process.

Then came the time at which I wanted to explore other races, classes, servers and the opposing faction. The precious exp buff was gone by this time. I discovered very quickly how much slower the process went without my friend's help and the insane exp buff.

So I started looking for solutions after getting really tired of alt-tabbing out to look up quests and maps I still really knew nothing about. I also grew tired of asking for help only to be responded to rudely for being a "complete newb" or what have you.

It seems that WoW is based on getting to end-game content.

I feel there are many of us who use Carbonite because it speeds up the leveling up process drastically. Blizzard seems to put all the gems and goodies at the end of the game and a large portion of their player base is relying on the benefits of such an addon. That said, perhaps they should seriously consider implementing the major aspects of said addon that draw so many people in.

I'd like to add that I have donated a generous amount to the folks who provide Carbonite because they enhanced my gaming experience in WoW so greatly. I know that I am impatient. That is why I came here to discuss this so quickly after the patch. I just wanted to show my support for this addon because it means a lot to me.

10-13-10, 05:37 PM   #65
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
I salute you!
Coming from you Voodoo all I can hear in my head when I read this is "we who are about to die salute you!"

10-13-10, 05:49 PM   #66
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by todd0168 View Post
Coming from you Voodoo all I can hear in my head when I read this is "we who are about to die salute you!"
Thank you! But actually I'm more of a "for those about to ROCK, WE SALUTE YOU!" kinda guy.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-13-10, 06:07 PM   #67
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

I'm sure you are, but with your past 'experience' in the nUI forums, I'm not entirely convinced that it's not just self delusion. :P

10-13-10, 06:20 PM   #68
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Kleyemax View Post
2: Ignorance - To all the people complaining that Blizz makes addons obsolete for some reason to eliminate 3rd party developers, your a F%@#ing moron. You obviously understand nothing about programing or game developement. Again learn to keep your mouth shut when you dont even have a base understanding of what your talking about.
If you don't explain WHY then you are just a rude troll.

10-13-10, 06:21 PM   #69
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
There are PLENTY of addons that can replace Carbonite's functions. If you're not even going to try and look, that's your own damned fault.
Yeah, which ones zoom in and out the entire map?

10-13-10, 07:30 PM   #70
DJ Particle
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
I shall explain why.

Blizz did not go into this with an intent to break add-ons. The facts that (a) the Add-ons folder is still there and (b) their release today of the art files to help developers indicate that they are more than willing to keep add-ons as a part of the game experience.

That said, 4.0.1 changes a LOT of the game mechanics. The map code is different. The quest tracker is different. The way the game loads art is different (the main change that prompted Blizz to release the dev files today). Basically, they tweaked some things to be more efficient than the stock features were in WotLK. In Cata, the map landscape itself will be different. This is the most radical change in code and map the game has ever seen, and since Carbonite 3.34 still expects the old code, it's going to break.

Again, Blizz did NOT do this to break add-ons. They did this so the stock install would be more efficient than it was in WotLK.

10-13-10, 07:55 PM   #71
Kleyemax
A Defias Bandit
Your ignorance is not my responsability. Go get off your lazy ass and find out for yourself. While you are at it, look up what a troll is, becuase you seem to be missinformed. Good use of the "if you dont do what I want, your a (random cliche name)". Good job sir.

And to DJ Particle, you are most correct. Unfortunately, giving them an answer so effortlessly, the fools will never learn to think for themselves.

Last edited by Kleyemax : 10-13-10 at 07:59 PM.

10-13-10, 08:14 PM   #72
Mossclaw
Premium Member
Premium Member
Donated.

I think Blizz has done a wonderful job adding to the stock UI, but it still doesn't come near to the usability and clean lines of Carbonite for me.

T.I.A. to the Devs.

10-13-10, 08:14 PM   #73
DJ Particle
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Kleyemax View Post
And to DJ Particle, you are most correct. Unfortunately, giving them an answer so effortlessly, the fools will never learn to think for themselves.
True, but hoepfully my explanation will curb endless posts of people QQing thinking Blizz did it on purpose.

10-13-10, 08:55 PM   #74
WanderingNewbie
A Defias Bandit
Hey I'm just asking this here cause I know no where else to ask. I was wondering if anyone knew of a addon that would show all the questgivers on the map and which quests you've already done? That really helped with loremaster and I was wondering if anyone else had made an addon like that.

10-13-10, 09:31 PM   #75
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah, which ones zoom in and out the entire map?
My response:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...9&postcount=18

I'll read the troll response in the morning to this about "BUT YOU DIDN'T FIND <insert obscure oft-not-used/known function here>". It's an early work day tomorrow and need to head to bed. (4:30AM can go **** itself, for the record)

Last edited by Sythalin : 10-13-10 at 09:33 PM.

10-14-10, 06:12 AM   #76
nekredone
A Kobold Labourer
To Funny

I know it people are snappin. As someone said there are tons of addons that are not working with 4.01 and carbonite is more complex than most of them so chill for a few days they will come out. Have to admit dont think I ever saw so many standing in OGR doing nothing. I sat in the middle of the place and hit the emote /cry several hundred times.

10-14-10, 11:35 AM   #77
Blayden75
A Defias Bandit
Really people...

If you are at all curious (and I can tell you all are by the posts in this thread) read the following post located elsewhere on the boards.

Post from the developers!

Search FTW!

10-14-10, 02:59 PM   #78
alizarincrim
A Kobold Labourer
thanks!

now i'm worried that poor carbonite addon is gonna work to hard to try to get our addon patch 4.0ed.... thanks so much, but take your time, we can manage until it's ready

10-14-10, 03:44 PM   #79
wiesshund
A Defias Bandit
Wow, some people really need to chill out.
The game itself plays the same with or with out carbonite.

And of course carbonite is broken as of this patch.
The entire game has been rewritten.
Some add-ons are already patched because thier devs were active on the test realm and the beta and worked on thier add-ons via those means.

Its not something Blizzard did just to say hey lets see how many add ons we can screw up.

Carbonite will work again when the guy gets time to look at it, and the new patch data.
Or, since it is LUA and all plain text, you can feel free to fix it yourself if you cant wait.

The new bliz map is very good, as far as blizzard stock things go.
They have incorporated alot of highly popular add-on ideas through out the new version.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite and World of Warcraft 4.0.1