03-23-08, 04:49 AM   #21
sircreeps
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

my mage's UI:
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...308_012749.jpg

i use the eepanels from UIshtara's UI, other than that i threw this compilation together myself.
03-25-08, 08:25 PM   #22
Johncena
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I like that mage Ui,

So with 2.4 Live now im back to Getting my Ui looking the way i want it to look. Onward to the Dl's !

Im going to try my luck with my first list that xinh listed for me and see where that takes me WeWt

Thanks all for your help im sure i will need more in the near future

Johnny
04-08-08, 01:01 PM   #23
Johncena
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Okay im back. So i re-loaded all my Add-ons and also picked up questhelper from curse-gaming.com But i cant seem to roll on items when in a group.

Has this ever happend to any one before ?

Also im not able to you pittbull to my full advantage and i need more of a group/raid/BG's Set up what should i use besides PitBull ?

Johnny
04-22-08, 01:31 PM   #24
Minoan
A Kobold Labourer
Dump pitbull, it's not a mod for a player new to custom UI's and should never be used by a newcomer. I also cut my teeth on Discord and still find using pitbull to be akin to asking for directions in New York city with a southern accent.

Simple unit frames that you can move about your screen are Sage Unit frames, found on this site. Use them until you want to go to a more advanced UF, in which case graduate to X-Perl. Everybody and his sister uses X-Perl (tho I personally never liked them).

Use Bongos2 for your bars. The mistake you were making with them earlier was not right clicking on the bar to tell it which bar to switch to when you went in to stealth. Do that and you'll be golden. I don't keep more than one main bar visible on my druid usually since I can switch based on stance. Cleans up your screen nicely.

If your having a problem with a particular mod turn all the other mods off (excluding libraries or dependencies for the mod) and log in. set the mod up as you want it then move on to the next mod. People new to mods shouldn't try to set the UI up with every mod turned on. Do it one at a time. After a while you'll get used to seeing them all on at once when you go through set-up, but for now it's kind of like looking at a restaurant's dumpster after dinner time.
05-09-08, 07:56 PM   #25
Johncena
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the info

I love Bongo's2 but i have been having problems with my main bar will just change to some other one thats not being shown i have no idea how to stop that and my button lock wont stay one gets me angry so i might be looking for a whole new set of add-ons.

What i think i need is add-on that will show me who my tank is locked on so i know who to attack and a nice button add-on thats about it

Thanks for your help all
05-24-08, 02:42 PM   #26
minimized
A Murloc Raider
Bongos3 has been released. Worth checking out instead of Bongos2.
08-17-08, 10:07 AM   #27
Fireproof213
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Use xperl and some Hud like ArcHUD or MetaHUD.
08-20-08, 08:45 AM   #28
Hhoky
A Fallenroot Satyr

Just a thought, I use Trinity bars for my action bars, the stance bars work great for both my rouge, my warrior and my druid. It is simple to learn, took me about 15 to 20 min on a toon to figure out what all the little options and everything were ^.^ Trinity has options to show/color and text cooldowns, spell timers, ect so its all there on my buttons. As well as a very simple hover/press button keybinding set up.
For my combat txt I use Sct/Sctd, its simple and customzable.
I use Fubar and love it, you can find almost any plug in you could ask for.
I use Extended unit frames atm, (I think, but im not sure, it displays cool little dots next to the targets frame showing my combo points, something puts them there, it could be this) I admit I dont use any raid frames or such atm, only the bliz default. Even on my Healer, but it works for me so far :P
I never used a archud, looks cool, but to much screen clutter for me...I like my screen open and clean.
And I use Blizz's option for cast bars on enemies (I think *shrug*) or it could be part of Extended unit frames, but it shows the cast bars so it works.

Anyway, I know its not much help, but thought I would throw out there, Trinity saved me from pulling my hair out LoL. (I got so irritated with Bongos -.-)

Of course I have many other addons for various things, like buff watchers, reminders, outfitter for quick weapon/gear changes, And Sct gives me on screen messages when different attacks proc, comes in great for my warrior and hunter, eg Kill Command ect.

Anyway, I dont know as much as some people here, and I sont use as many fancy addons, but I will help if I can if you run into any problems, I learned by a lot of trial and error so ^.^ time to share the knowledge if I can Hope you find the addons that work the best fo ryou, and still keep your sanity! Happy Gaming.

Oh, PS, I been getting a weird issue with Questhelper since the last patch, only in Bg's, I found that turning it off while in them stops the problem completly just for your Info, in case you run into it, I use cartographer for my map which has a button right there to turn on/off Questhelper, handy dandy!

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Rogue/mage addons and screen shots