06-23-10, 11:03 PM   #1
Barlow94
A Murloc Raider
Question What should I be using?

I'm fairly new to nUI, and I downloaded nUI+, but I'm curious. Is there any other add ons that I should be using along with nUI?

I'm open to any suggestions. Lol.
06-23-10, 11:10 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
While there are quite a few handy addons for integrating bits and pieces in to nUI, the reality of the situation is it doesn't need anything additional. It was designed that way. Anything beyond nUI itself is personal preference.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat125.html

This is a good place to start. See if anything grabs your attention.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
06-23-10, 11:14 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What I usually suggest to new users of nUI if you are not a heavy raider is to spend a little while with just nUI installed. Do what you normally do and then see what is missing that helped make your gameplay better.

Then see if the addon you used to use to get that functionality runs alongside nUI. Most will. Some even have an extra plugin to hide it inside the panel on the lower right.

You will soon find that you will be using a lot less addons for the same functionality and little dabbling with set ups with nUI than without. And, if there is an absolute must have functionality in nUI there is no problem with asking if its possible to integrate it into nUI. Maybe not for v5 but Scott is working on v6 and he may take the suggestion into account.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » General » nUI: Community Chat » What should I be using?