08-16-08, 08:16 PM   #1
Fireproof213
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
question about Combat_Log_Event and Molten Armor

How do I use Combat_log_event to call whether Molten armor is activated or not?
08-18-08, 07:03 AM   #2
Fireproof213
A Cyclonian

can someone plz help me?
08-18-08, 10:31 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
http://www.wowwiki.com/API_COMBAT_LOG_EVENT

You'll need to check for whatever you're specifically looking for - be that the buff being applied/refreshed or the actual damage.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-18-08, 12:53 PM   #4
Fireproof213
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
http://www.wowwiki.com/API_COMBAT_LOG_EVENT

You'll need to check for whatever you're specifically looking for - be that the buff being applied/refreshed or the actual damage.
I looked at that page already, I couldn't find what molten armor is applied to, they have aura_dispelled and aura_removed but nothing about an aura or spell being just on or off (or activated or inactive or w/e)
08-18-08, 01:17 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can't tell if a buff is currently active in the combat log without an event that actually goes in the combat log (ie, buff applied/removed/wearing off or the damage done by molten armor).

What exactly are you trying to do?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-18-08, 01:19 PM   #6
Fireproof213
A Cyclonian

You can't tell if a buff is currently active in the combat log without an event that actually goes in the combat log (ie, buff applied/removed/wearing off or the damage done by molten armor).

What exactly are you trying to do?
my friend wants an addon that will call if he has molten armor on or not and if not tell him to put it on. How would I call if Molten Armor is activated?
08-18-08, 02:00 PM   #7
Macniel
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Fireproof213 View Post
my friend wants an addon that will call if he has molten armor on or not and if not tell him to put it on. How would I call if Molten Armor is activated?
As far as i know whenever an Aura (buff/debuff) has been casted *_aura_applied should be called.

so you can tell when spell_aura_applied with Molten Armor as spellName will be called your Molten Core is active and when spell_aura_removed with Molten Core as spellName it should be off.
08-18-08, 02:08 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Could just use the regular buff events, like PLAYER_AURAS_CHANGED: http://www.wowwiki.com/Events/Buff

08-18-08, 02:22 PM   #9
Fireproof213
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Macniel View Post
As far as i know whenever an Aura (buff/debuff) has been casted *_aura_applied should be called.

so you can tell when spell_aura_applied with Molten Armor as spellName will be called your Molten Core is active and when spell_aura_removed with Molten Core as spellName it should be off.
would that work for logging in with it on tho?
08-18-08, 05:08 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No.
You'll need to scan active buffs on login.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » question about Combat_Log_Event and Molten Armor