06-24-10, 05:10 PM   #21
Dechalae
A Murloc Raider
I will gladly post a screen shot the next time it happens. It seems somewhat random. It's working right now and I've got a raid coming up or I'd try to get it to happen again.

06-24-10, 05:23 PM   #22
Yagle
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Did you install 5.06.25?

Did you try running nUI with *NO* other addons to see if it was nUI or another addon?
Yeah, Scott. I did all that. I even deleted my cache - WTF - Addon folders to be sure everything was fine.

There seems to be an issue with the world map and some of the additional addon windows.

I wish I could help you to solve it, but I know nothing about programing.

I will be back to Nui, but this week I just need to delete it. The guild is on LK and I can't risk things breaking - though Blizz did a great job of that this last patch. A heads up it seems that in an upcoming rolling restart, Blizzard will be implementing something that may break gearscore or any addon that conveys player information.

Scott keep up the good work. Nui is still the best UI mod out there.

I've received word that after the next set of rolling restarts, which may be happening as early as tonight, inspection requests on other players will start to be throttled.

This is being done because some addons generate a large number of inspection requests, so beware as some addons may start to behave unexpectedly, flat out break, or otherwise act up. Overall I hope it not to be too bad, but you never know, so here's the heads up.

Addon authors may need to restructure their addon so that they may _never_ receive a response back from a request. We may be seeing several second long intervals between allowed requests, and as I said, some request will likely never be answered.

If I hear any more details I'll update the post.

Last edited by Yagle : 06-24-10 at 05:28 PM.

06-24-10, 10:29 PM   #23
Yagle
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Okay, Scott, I checked through the most recent bug reports and saw the report regarding one of the NUI addons for dual stats. I deleted it; in fact, I deleted all the Nui additions, and so far everything seems to be alright.

Now that Im done raiding for the week. I'll tinker around with my additional addons to see if anything causes even more of an issue.

By the way, you do an awesome job. Keep it up.

06-26-10, 06:19 AM   #24
Dechalae
A Murloc Raider
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_062610_081752.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	310.7 KB
ID:	4523

Here is a screen shot of the chat box goofiness. A simple reload fixes it each time. In this screen shot I have Nui, Recount, and Xperl enabled, though as I mentioned it was doing it with only a fresh install of Nui.

06-26-10, 07:45 AM   #25
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I had a similar thing happened with me but I believe it is simply due to historic data that may not be truly compatible with the new changes so it freaks out. Which would explain why the reload fixes it.

If the reload has to be done each time go into your characters wtf folder and look for chat-cache.txt and I believe you may find that the positioning values of the frames may be off a bit. This is what I have noticed ( sizing wise ) with any recurring chat buglets on my many alts. A simple edit of the file or for those unsure of that a reset chat windows ( approximate wording ) from the general chat frames drop down menu will reset all chat frame settings including the reparenting/positioning nUI does. Then log out and log back in and it should *touch wood* hopefully work fine. I can't remember if a reload worked but its worth a try.

For those happy to edit the chat-cache.txt file and would like to know what an unused chat frame setting looks like here it is:

Code:
WINDOW 8
SIZE 0
COLOR 0 0 0 0
LOCKED 1
UNINTERACTABLE 0
DOCKED 0
SHOWN 0

CHANNELS
END

ZONECHANNELS 0

END
Compared to one that is set up

Code:
WINDOW 2
NAME Combat Log
SIZE 16
COLOR 0 0 0 0
LOCKED 1
UNINTERACTABLE 0
DOCKED 0
SHOWN 1
OPENING
TRADESKILLS
PET_INFO
COMBAT_XP_GAIN
COMBAT_HONOR_GAIN
COMBAT_MISC_INFO
END

CHANNELS
END

ZONECHANNELS 0

END
I have yet to find a function that allows you to program these automatically but individual functions have a ( doNotSave ) option but it doesn't cover everything so I can only assume that some of the stuff is saved regardless. I hope to track this stuff down while researching how to implement changes to my nUI_InfoPanel_Chat plugin to make it usable again.

Ah here we go, took a while to find one. This is an example of a window position and size setting. If you see this linked to a chat frame and its not the same values it may be what is causing the problem. As wow uses this to initially set up the windows.

Code:
WINDOW 1
NAME General
SIZE 0
COLOR 0 0 0 0
LOCKED 1
UNINTERACTABLE 0
DOCKED 1
SHOWN 1
POSITION BOTTOMLEFT 0.003233 0.095790
DIMENSIONS 430.000000 120.000023

SYSTEM_NOMENU
SAY
EMOTE
YELL
WHISPER
PARTY
PARTY_LEADER
RAID
RAID_LEADER
RAID_WARNING
BATTLEGROUND
BATTLEGROUND_LEADER
GUILD
OFFICER
MONSTER_SAY
MONSTER_YELL
MONSTER_EMOTE
MONSTER_WHISPER
MONSTER_BOSS_EMOTE
MONSTER_BOSS_WHISPER
ERRORS
AFK
DND
IGNORED
BG_HORDE
BG_ALLIANCE
BG_NEUTRAL
COMBAT_FACTION_CHANGE
SKILL
LOOT
MONEY
CHANNEL
ACHIEVEMENT
GUILD_ACHIEVEMENT
BN_WHISPER
BN_WHISPER_INFORM
BN_CONVERSATION
BN_INLINE_TOAST_ALERT
END

CHANNELS
END

ZONECHANNELS 2097153

END

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 06-26-10 at 07:51 AM.

06-26-10, 09:05 AM   #26
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Dechalae View Post
Attachment 4523
Here is a screen shot of the chat box goofiness. A simple reload fixes it each time. In this screen shot I have Nui, Recount, and Xperl enabled, though as I mentioned it was doing it with only a fresh install of Nui.
That's a new one. Looks like something reanchored the chat frame buttons. I'll look into that.

Out of curiosity, why would you run xPearl with nUI?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

06-26-10, 12:37 PM   #27
Dechalae
A Murloc Raider
Currently trying to phase it out to be honest. I haven't found a way if there is one with Nui to put my frame and my target (and target's target) up closer to where I'm already staring at. That and the tank/tank's target helper xperl has. I love the cleanliness of Nui and it appears will be able to get rid of xperl soon. For now, it still does some things I haven't figured out if I can get Nui to do. I know the Hud could function for the targets health, but unfortunately I haven't been able to get used to the hud on my screen. It messes with my relations of MSBT. Forgot to mention, xperl also does buffs/debuffs for me. Feel free to correct me if some or any of these features are available and I'm missing them.

06-26-10, 12:47 PM   #28
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Dechalae View Post
Currently trying to phase it out to be honest. I haven't found a way if there is one with Nui to put my frame and my target (and target's target) up closer to where I'm already staring at.
Use the HUD... that's *exactly* what it's for. It does take a bit of getting used to but once you have you'll find you stop looking at unit frames at all. The only thing I use unit frames for is target switching.

That and the tank/tank's target helper xperl has.
That's something I'll address in nUI6. In nUI5, you can set your tank as your focus and then use that to help the tank, grab the tank's target, etc.

[quote]I haven't been able to get used to the hud on my screen. It messes with my relations of MSBT.[quote]

Bring the HUD up, target yourself, and then use the MSBT settings to arrange the displays around the HUD in a usable manner. The same is true of the bars in DBM.

Forgot to mention, xperl also does buffs/debuffs for me.
The HUD shows all of your debuffs (top left of HUD) all buffs on your target (top right of HUD) and the same for your pet (middle left) and ToT (middle right) -- your auras on the target are shown in the HUD, as well. All of your buffs are on the far left and all debuffs on the target on the far right. It's *all* there. See this post for a comprehensive look at what's what and where... http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21108

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Nui is just broken