09-12-07, 08:38 AM   #1
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Another quick question

I've enlarged the chat text to my satisfaction. Is there a way to enlarge the text on the right side of the screen too?
09-12-07, 09:45 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
They're just chat boxes. Their tabs are hidden with Prat, so go into your Prat options and change it there. I believe they're frames 6 & 7.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-12-07, 10:48 AM   #3
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thanks Seerah!
09-12-07, 11:18 AM   #4
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Sorry for double post, but had to give this thread a bump. The text on the right side of my screen has no tabs above it like the text on the left does, so I cant't adjust text size that way. I've read through the Mazzle FAQ a few times now and I can't figure out how to access Prat...
09-12-07, 11:37 AM   #5
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
I think just typing /prat will give you options, but I could be mistaken.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
09-12-07, 12:13 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
read again
Originally Posted by Seerah
They're just chat boxes. Their tabs are hidden with Prat, so go into your Prat options and change it there. I believe they're frames 6 & 7.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-12-07, 01:54 PM   #7
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

read again
Yes, but how do I get into Prat? If I just hover my mouse over the box on the left the tabs show up dimly. This is not the case with the box on the right.

@Geboran: Thanks, I'll try that.
09-12-07, 02:11 PM   #8
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Geboran
I think just typing /prat will give you options, but I could be mistaken.
Yeah, it gave me options; but nothing to adjust text size. This is what I got:

donate: self-explanatory
about: shows info about the addon
debug: self-explanatory; set to off
standby: set to active; suspends or resumes the addon
profile: self-explanatory; set to default
waterfall: opens the waterfall config window
urlcopy: url formatting options

I noticed this time that there are actually 2 separate boxes in the large box on the right. There's probably no way for me to enlarge the text and remain at 1024x768. I can go higher, but any higher and I have to go widescreen and that makes my gameplay choppy and the UI looks all messed up.
09-12-07, 04:57 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Erurainon
waterfall: opens the waterfall config window
type /prat waterfall

edit: or go to Niagara in your FuBar and select Prat in there.

09-13-07, 08:19 AM   #10
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Ok, tried that. Niagara will allow me to change text and font on left side only as far as I can tell. The text on the left is chat, the text on the right shows results of my actions - as in Feed Pet and such. The text on the right is teeny-tiny and I would like it to be a bit bigger; but can't figure out a way to do so. It's not terribly important, overall I'm very satisfied with the UI; it's just that I would like to be able to read everything that appears on my screen..
09-13-07, 08:33 AM   #11
fatty
A Murloc Raider
open niagara,click chat and communication,click prat,click tabs,click set display, then the 2 boxes at the bottom 6 and 7 check always , then ajust the 2 boxes with the tabs. then check boxes back to hidden. if you can not get there with these direction. plz uninstall wow and find a different game enjoy the game

oh yeah and if you cant find niagara it is on your fubar
09-13-07, 08:45 AM   #12
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by fatty
open niagara,click chat and communication,click prat,click tabs...
This works until the part where I'm supposed to click tabs since there is no tabs heading under prat. [edit]Nvm, I finally figured it out. There is no tabs heading; but there is a chattabs heading and that's where I found the rest of it.[/edit]

Last edited by Erurainon : 09-13-07 at 08:48 AM.
09-13-07, 08:53 AM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
There is also a module that *just* lets you control the font and size of your chat. It's called the Font (or Font Size - depending on what version you're running) module. I need caffeine.... But I did tell you how to do it and that they're just chat windows.

09-13-07, 09:00 AM   #14
fatty
A Murloc Raider
glad you found it . do you use wowace updater to keep mazzle upto date because that sounds like the old version of niagara from about 2 updates ago if you do then ok if not i would definately get it to keep everything updated have a nice day
09-13-07, 09:03 AM   #15
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wouldn't unenabling the lock chat setting's in interface setting's do it?
09-13-07, 12:02 PM   #16
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

glad you found it . do you use wowace updater to keep mazzle upto date because that sounds like the old version of niagara from about 2 updates ago if you do then ok if not i would definately get it to keep everything updated have a nice day
I have WAU in my WoW folder, but according to the addons section of the character login screen all of the ones that I'm using are up to date. Should I try updating anyway?
09-13-07, 12:08 PM   #17
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Originally Posted by Erurainon
I have WAU in my WoW folder, but according to the addons section of the character login screen all of the ones that I'm using are up to date. Should I try updating anyway?
Yes.

*MOST* of the addons in Mazzle's UI have been updated since originally released.

Also... you can safely update nQuestLog as well (though the WAU updater won't allow it to be updated by default); you have to delete the .svn folder in the nQuestLog addon folder, and then you'll be able to update the addon using the WAU.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
09-13-07, 12:08 PM   #18
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

...But I did tell you how to do it and that they're just chat windows.
Yes, you did; however you need to keep in mind that I'm a complete newb to the game and even moreso to the world of UIs and addons. I'm very experienced within the world of hardware, overclocking and cooling and belong to hardware forums where we constantly answer newbies' questions. In those cases you need to spell it out for them; thus I was looking more for an answer like this one:
open niagara,click chat and communication,click prat,click tabs,click set display, then the 2 boxes at the bottom 6 and 7 check always , then ajust the 2 boxes with the tabs. then check boxes back to hidden...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Another quick question