10-15-12, 10:01 PM   #1
merneith
A Defias Bandit
Problems with the front page layout

I'm using Firefox 15, on a 24" monitor, resolution 1920x1080. Windows 7.

For some reason, the frontpage always loads wonky, like so:

All the other pages load just fine, it seems to just be the front page. It's related to my widescreen monitor I assume. And like I said, everything else looks correctly. It's just the front page that's off centered.
10-15-12, 10:03 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Thats because you've increased the font size of our site and our menu can't handle a font that large.
10-16-12, 03:11 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
When zooming in your browser, make sure that your browser also zooms the textures on the page, rather than just overriding the text sizes.

For example, this is Chrome set to 300%.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	300.PNG
Views:	314
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	7290  
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-18-12, 03:28 AM   #4
merneith
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the suggestion - but no, I don't think it's the zoom or font size. Or if it is, there's something specific about the code on the community.php page zooming correctly. If I visit http://www.wowinterface.com/addons.php - everything lays out just right. And if I visit any of the individual mod pages, everything looks right. Ditto for the forum. It's only the community.php page that looks wonky like that.
10-18-12, 03:24 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Did you try turning off all FF plugins? Cause there's some reason why your fonts are so freakin' huge.

/edit: and did you double-check your zoom level? Try zooming in/out to see if it fixes it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Problems with the front page layout