Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
01-21-13, 03:29 AM   #1
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Work log on the next beta

Well, as I mentioned in another thread, I've managed to decrypt the entire quest database... unfortunately it increases memory usage by 5M in it's new form.

For those with good computers it's nothing, not much more then any of the other questing addons/trackers but I want the option to turn parts of it off, if your 90 doing panda quests, do you really need the quests from teldrasil in memory? no... no you don't :P so the first part i'm working on is the change over to ace libraries and moving all the options / configuration to the blizzard addon window.

At the same time i'm experimenting with the future of it as modular, disabling entire scripts like favorites or guide and watching how it reacts (so far... it reacts badly :P but i'm learning why and where)

tonight's main change to the code was the complete removal of all the leftovers from when it was a paid addon, Nxsec.lua is no more, and all the licensing functions, duplicate functions for paid or free etc has been removed.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Work log on the next beta