10-06-05, 08:14 AM   #1
Cide
Swedeheart
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
General Suggestions

Going to update this post as I think of more things to improve, but great work so far .

GUI
  • Under the file list, please make the default state contracted, so that you have to expand folders to see files, and not the other way around. It took me about a minute to contract all the mods I had under Addons .
  • Under Project Explorer, you cannot press the delete button in order to delete a file, you have to right click and then press delete. Also, there is no confirmation dialog (though this doesn't seem to delete the file, so it might not be that important).
  • When viewing the project file (.toc), there is no way to see the list of xml or lua files.
  • There is no way to edit the names of already entered saved variables & dependencies. You have to remove them and readd them. Also related, you cannot switch a dependency from optional to required or the other way around after you've added it.
  • I closed the Renderer window, and it seems like there is no way to retrieve it again.

Last edited by Cide : 10-06-05 at 08:25 AM.
10-06-05, 06:10 PM   #2
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

• I like it opened up as it is now, maybe an option then.
  • No confirmation because the file isn't actually deleted, adding delete button support is on my list.
  • All files referenced in the toc file are in the Project Explorer.
  • On my todo list.
  • You should be able to select another item in the file list to bring up the renderer window again.
10-07-05, 12:04 AM   #3
Cide
Swedeheart
Originally Posted by Nulkris
  • I like it opened up as it is now, maybe an option then.
  • No confirmation because the file isn't actually deleted, adding delete button support is on my list.
  • All files referenced in the toc file are in the Project Explorer.
  • On my todo list.
  • You should be able to select another item in the file list to bring up the renderer window again.
I don't know how good it is to have all files in the project as files in the .toc, as you can include XML files in other XML files if I'm not forgotten. Also, the order is important for the .xml files, is there any way to switch the order as it is now?

As for renderer, perhaps add it to the View list? I for one crash when I attempt to open a form from the file list (will post bug when I get home from school), and I assume that's the file type you have to open to get the renderer?
10-07-05, 02:31 AM   #4
neriak_x
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Cide
I for one crash when I attempt to open a form from the file list (will post bug when I get home from school), and I assume that's the file type you have to open to get the renderer?
This happens for me too, again our evil Euro-Systems, eh ? :P
10-07-05, 02:39 AM   #5
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Question

Does it still happen after the latest Euro patch I posted here today?

Last edited by Nulkris : 10-07-05 at 02:41 AM.
10-07-05, 06:50 AM   #6
Cide
Swedeheart
Originally Posted by Nulkris
Does it still happen after the latest Euro patch I posted here today?
Nope, works fine with that .
10-08-05, 12:08 AM   #7
noraj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
i dont think you need all the extracted files...only some of them(again i think, not sure(ie. Hillsbrad.blp)...theres so many maybe make a seperate patch of just the XML elements of the data that would be optional (and the ability to tell it where to look for the data) not sure and prolly a big pain in the ass...

[edit] plus since i dont actually have wow installed at work ... I can slack off even more

Last edited by noraj : 10-08-05 at 12:34 AM. Reason: so i can mess at work
11-12-05, 06:03 PM   #8
ninmonkeys
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cide
I don't know how good it is to have all files in the project as files in the .toc, as you can include XML files in other XML files if I'm not forgotten. Also, the order is important for the .xml files, is there any way to switch the order as it is now?
For your first question, have you tried in the project explorer, right click on the toc file, and you can choose "Add existing file" (I don't know if that will add it into the toc or not)

Again in the project explorer the files are listed based on load order. Just right click and you can set that file to load earlier or later.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » General Suggestions