11-06-07, 09:49 AM   #21
lanacan
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just to warn everyone, v8 it going to be a revert back to the be closer to the original ideal of versions 1 through 3.

I'm also going to make a website that will list addons and show pics of all versions. I'm going to make them all 2.3 compatible as well.

All downloads will be available through my page here once completed.
11-06-07, 08:07 PM   #22
JackOnTheMap
A Murloc Raider
You know, I wasn't so into your layout and art at first but now after seeing them for a while, I'm really digging it.

Kinda a change from the Tapestry/Caith thing that been so popular.

As great as I think both of them are, your kinda melds both classic Blizzard and modern interfaces very well.

Keep up the good work.

Not so into the new gold look though
11-06-07, 10:17 PM   #23
lanacan

Originally Posted by JackOnTheMap

Not so into the new gold look though
Your not the only one to say that
I'll be leaving in the option to change the cyCircled from the gold to Grey it was in 7.0.

So 7.1 will have 2 WTF Folders, WTF-Dark & WTF-Gold.

Thanks for the comments nice to know people are liking it!.
11-07-07, 07:43 AM   #24
lanacan

Updated to 7.1!
11-09-07, 11:58 AM   #25
Matteo522
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up

I just want to say that I'm enjoying this UI a great deal.

I don't have a wide screen monitor, so I had to make some modifications to make everything look right, but they weren't that bad. To anyone else who doesn't have widescreen, the changes are:

1. Fiddle with your Video Options -> UI Scale until you get something you like (I chose 0.8).
2. Use /simpleminimap to fix the minimap offset.
3. Use /buffalo to fix the buff/debuff position.
4. Use '/bar lock' to reposition the bars (and set up paging if you're a Warrior/Druid/Rogue)
5. Use /simpleunitframes to reposition the unit frames.

I did go through and change some settings on most of the other mods to suit my tastes, but I want to say that, Lanacan, you've chosen an excellent mix for improved functionality / aesthetics while not being overly busy. I especially appreciate how the game still feels like WoW and not some crazy SciFi shooter with shiny metal buttons.

In addition to your mods, I also added:

1. Outfitter -- I'm a Druid, I carry around different outfits. I also like how I can tell it to optimize for a specific stat and it picks the best items out of my inventory.
2. Simple Combat Log -- I added a tiny Combat Log just to the left of the minimap so I can look back if necessary.
3. FuBar_TopScoreFu -- Hitting new records makes me happy.
4. CooldownTimers -- I need to know when my Force of Nature, Innervate, and trinkets are ready!
5. Baggins -- Virtual bags are the only way to go.

When I get around to it, I'm also going to add Auctioneer to my AH mule.
11-09-07, 01:30 PM   #26
lanacan

Thanks Matteo!

btw, Auctioneer Advanced is included in the package just need to enable it for your AH mule.

I use to use a "all in one bag" but since I put in vendor bags I never needed it really lol. Now I really like having separate bags for sorting! lol

I would suggest ClosetGnome for outfit handling, I used in on my lvl 70 Shaman all the time. Since I'm mainly focused on leveling my Pally atm I just left it out of the package.
11-09-07, 01:38 PM   #27
Matteo522
A Defias Bandit
I know what you mean about AIOI -- I used to use it until I got sick of the noise-to-signal ratio of keeping everything in one bag.

Baggins is different, though. It creates virtual, categorized bags.

For instance, one bag is Quest Items. Another is Trade Items, which is then further broken down by gathered items and produced items. Another is Consumables, which is broken down by Healing/Mana Potions, Buff Potions, Food, and Water. Another is Equipment, with separate sections for Armor, Weapons, and Trinkets.

It's all automatically handled, too. You just open your bag and it's all organized for you.
11-09-07, 02:47 PM   #28
lanacan

Baggins tends to double things in different categories too, and I wanted to minimize having to go in and set another thing up to get it working right.
11-09-07, 03:42 PM   #29
Matteo522
A Defias Bandit
Actually, yeah, you're right. I forgot that I had to make some changes in the trade goods and consumables bags to fix that.
11-11-07, 08:19 AM   #30
lanacan

Ok, so I've been working on a new texture for the minimap and well... I'm at a loss, I suck at photoshop except for small edits and I also tried to change Simpleminimap's Square "default" border texture like I did for the the Blizz unitframes but the blp won't convert properly from blp to png or tga (it ends up having a black background that I can't remove).

So, to anyone of you l33t PS people out there think you can come up with a good texture please feel free to help me out. /begs

Until then there will be no 7.2

Well there will be a 7.2 just no change in minimap art....
11-13-07, 10:06 AM   #31
ANovelHero
A Murloc Raider
Hey, just d/led it. But then the 2.3 patch came. I'm severly hoping I installed it correctly and it'll work with the new patch. But i'ma test it before I head off to work.
11-13-07, 12:48 PM   #32
lanacan

Update, I have a new texture for the minimap now (some tweaking to do on it TYVM Storm!).

With the patch going live today I will do what I can to update addons and finnish a few other things for a 7.2 release asap in case anything is broken. Then v7 will be done for me to work on v8.

Edit:: I will continue to update v7 as needed even after v8 is out. v7.3 is on its way just to update addons for this game patch.

Last edited by lanacan : 11-14-07 at 07:57 AM.
11-14-07, 03:40 PM   #33
ANovelHero
A Murloc Raider
Uhm I installed the UI. Everything seems to be outdated. Well except these ones.... And yes I tried loading the outdated stuff still.

Autobar -Ace2-
Bartender3-Ace2-
Big Wings-Ace2-
Buffalo-Ace2-
Capping-Ace2-
eepanels2-Ace2-
Error Monster-Ace2-
FuBar PerformanceFu
Grid-Ace2-
Incubator-Ace2-

Also i'm not sure if I did something wrong on my part here but it appears none of the skins are loading. If there's anyway to fix this as well. Here's the messages I get...

_____ loaded but skin not found in SkinMe Directory.

beql
capping
cartographer
CEnemyCastBar
Clique
Grid
Light Headed
Omen
Pally Power
Postal
Prat
tekKompare
Auc-Advanced
Enchantrix-Barker
Dew Drop
Tablet
Waterfall
Rock Config

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd post a screenie but I can't seem to find them.

Last edited by ANovelHero : 11-14-07 at 03:50 PM.
11-14-07, 05:34 PM   #34
aahal743
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
mkay im having a problem with the tooltip popups... it pops up in the middle of the screen and i can't figure out how to set it to show up in like the bottom left of my screen plz help

PIC: http://i6.tinypic.com/71wceat.jpg
11-14-07, 06:05 PM   #35
lanacan

Originally Posted by ANovelHero
Uhm I installed the UI. Everything seems to be outdated. Well except these ones.... And yes I tried loading the outdated stuff still.

Autobar -Ace2-
Bartender3-Ace2-
Big Wings-Ace2-
Buffalo-Ace2-
Capping-Ace2-
eepanels2-Ace2-
Error Monster-Ace2-
FuBar PerformanceFu
Grid-Ace2-
Incubator-Ace2-

Also i'm not sure if I did something wrong on my part here but it appears none of the skins are loading. If there's anyway to fix this as well. Here's the messages I get...

_____ loaded but skin not found in SkinMe Directory.

beql
capping
cartographer
CEnemyCastBar
Clique
Grid
Light Headed
Omen
Pally Power
Postal
Prat
tekKompare
Auc-Advanced
Enchantrix-Barker
Dew Drop
Tablet
Waterfall
Rock Config

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd post a screenie but I can't seem to find them.

The skin me errors can be ignored that's a normal thing of skinner.

Not sure why the other stuff is not loading, if you checked the "load out of date addons" button in the addon selection screen. They all loaded for me just fine.

Ok, after going in tonight and updating the addons the only thing I can think of is that you are using a smaller resolution than I am. So some of the addons are probably off your screen.

Go through the config for the ones that are not showing (double check and use option house to force load them if they show they are not loaded).

Reset their profiles so they appear at the center of your screen and move them to where you want them.

That's all i can tell you besides delete you WTF folder and start from scratch. I've tested three time with fresh installs and it works for me.

Last edited by lanacan : 11-14-07 at 09:02 PM.
11-14-07, 06:06 PM   #36
lanacan

Originally Posted by aahal743
mkay im having a problem with the tooltip popups... it pops up in the middle of the screen and i can't figure out how to set it to show up in like the bottom left of my screen plz help

PIC: http://i6.tinypic.com/71wceat.jpg

type /rock to get the config menu and look for LitheTooltipDoctor int eh drop down and unlock the tooltip anchor.
11-14-07, 09:06 PM   #37
ANovelHero
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by lanacan
type /rock to get the config menu and look for LitheTooltipDoctor int eh drop down and unlock the tooltip anchor.
Thank you very much. I was trying to figure out that one as well. And also. I played around with it. Figured out a few things.
11-14-07, 10:18 PM   #38
lanacan

You can also right click in the fubar area to get the rock menu too but it always opens on fubar config that way.
11-15-07, 10:35 AM   #39
lanacan

I has portal now: http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.php?uid=10838
11-19-07, 08:42 AM   #40
lanacan

Alpha1:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...Iv8_Alpha1.jpg

Alpha2:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...Iv8_Alpha2.jpg

v8 Notes
Alpha 1:

Nameplates broke, not sure what caused it.
In BGs oUF adding/Removing random player frames (i think it was focus and party targets)

Alpha 2:

Removed oPannel and IHasNoScope. Not sure which one broke nameplates but they are working after deleteing WTF and install all but hose two addons.

oUF --> Pitbull
LynStats --> SLTimex
LitheTooltip --> TinyTip (Thrae's svn)

Removed: oPannel, IHasNoScope, MSBT

oChat Edited so combat text Justified Right

Added: tekBufftimes, tekJunkSeller, tekAccept

Alpha 3 Plans:

Add oPannel back in.

Work on ingame fonts.

Relook at oUF and edit to hide party in raid, change UF look, set different look between party, player/target, pets, and ToT (similar to evl_oUF setup)

Last edited by lanacan : 11-19-07 at 01:57 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » Lanacan’s UI