09-13-12, 02:16 PM   #21
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by blackpups View Post
I don't have line numbers in my LUA file. I'm having a hard time finding where to make these changes. Is it possible for someone to post what the original lines were, so I can search for them and then make the replacements?
Somewhere along the line I remember seeing something about how you can have page numbers in Notepad, but I don't remember how to get them, or where I saw it.

If you don't mind installing a small program to edit Lua files (and a lot of other types of code) you can get either Notepad++ or Sublime Text 2. They're free and not the only editors you can get, they're just the two that I like and use. (And they use page numbers.)

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-13-12, 02:18 PM   #22
blackpups
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Somewhere along the line I remember seeing something about how you can have page numbers in Notepad, but I don't remember how to get them, or where I saw it.

If you don't mind installing a small program to edit Lua files (and a lot of other types of code) you can get either Notepad++ or Sublime Text 2. They're free and not the only editors you can get, they're just the two that I like and use. (And they use page numbers.)
Thanks for that, I'll give one of them a try

09-13-12, 02:59 PM   #23
backlash666
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by nexusguard View Post

OMG i luv how you can simplify things ...
What can I say ???? I'm a simple guy lol

I just wanted to get a, clear cut, quick overview out there, so peeps that didn't have the whole story, now have some sort of idea.

I know a lot of people have said that the OA's should take Rythal onto the team, in my view if I was Rythal, after the way he was treated when OA's came back (and hit him with the naughty stick n all) and they then turned round and asked him to join, my response would politely be along the lines of "Hell No, ya whining baby!" And I'm sure some will agree. Now I know some peeps will take this as a message of disrespect, this is not the case, I have great respect for what the OA's have done in the past. Just not for the way they have behaved in recent days.

I know this is kinda Hijacking the original topic so I'll try n shut up now

09-13-12, 03:19 PM   #24
nightshade68
A Defias Bandit
I still have Rythal's update installed. If I install 5.041 and do the fixes in this thread, will the result be better or worse then Rythal's version?

09-13-12, 03:55 PM   #25
Cherio
A Fallenroot Satyr
The fix doesnt work in mop beta

Pandaria map out of sync not working at all

World map islands are located differently in updated VS. Rythal
Rythal old one works in beta though

09-13-12, 09:43 PM   #26
NXVash
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by blackpups View Post
I don't have line numbers in my LUA file. I'm having a hard time finding where to make these changes. Is it possible for someone to post what the original lines were, so I can search for them and then make the replacements?
open it with notepad++

09-13-12, 09:50 PM   #27
jackpotmonkey
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
in notepad, open the edit menu, choose the 'go to' option (ctrl + G) and that will allow you to go to a spacific line number, if you want you can go to view - > status bar and the line number and column number will be shown in the bottom right part of the window, that is it shows the line number of the cursor.

09-13-12, 10:01 PM   #28
blackpups
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by NXVash View Post
open it with notepad++
Originally Posted by jackpotmonkey View Post
in notepad, open the edit menu, choose the 'go to' option (ctrl + G) and that will allow you to go to a spacific line number, if you want you can go to view - > status bar and the line number and column number will be shown in the bottom right part of the window, that is it shows the line number of the cursor.
Thanks, both, for the suggestions. Someone earlier mentioned notepad++ and it worked perfectly

09-14-12, 09:50 AM   #29
Appleptiker
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
If you can get your hands or still have my fan update, replacing localization.lua in the official 5.041 will make it work again. Sadly I know some have asked about russian but that's not one I got done before I had to stop.

DUDE!!! You have changed my life. It is finaly working with the german client. I don't know how to thank you.

Worktrough i did:
Installed Carbonite 5.041
Fixed Carbonite.lua with Rythals posted Changes with Notepad C++
Replaced Cabonite 5.041 localization.lua with Rythals localization.lua

That's it! Maybe it will work with French and Spanish versions.

Thx again Rythal

09-14-12, 05:23 PM   #30
RedEagle
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs down

To Fix Quest Log breaking after doing a daily:

Change Line 7496 to:
Lua Code:
  1. daS1=format(QUEST_LOG_DAILY_COUNT_TEMPLATE,daD1,"*")
----
To fix dungeon eye missing:

Change Line 25269 to:
Lua Code:
  1. local mON={"NXMiniMapBut","GameTimeFrame","TimeManagerClockButton","MiniMapWorldMapButton","MiniMapMailFrame","MiniMapTracking","MiniMapVoiceChatFrame","QueueStatusMinimapButton","MiniMapInstanceDifficulty",}
----

To fix the world map fading out of existance when you mouse out:

Change Line 11248 to:
Lua Code:
  1. frm.tex1:SetVertexColor(1,1,1,self.BaA)
----

To fix the LUA errors on world map hovering over some zones from achievements being removed (wetlands, duskwood etc)

After Line 6795 (should be "if alw or not don then") Add
Lua Code:
  1. if GetAchievementNumCriteria(a) > 0 then
After Line 6799(should be "return format("%s%s %d/%d",col2,nam,cnt,nee)") Add
Lua Code:
  1. end
----

To fix the green blob wintergrasp currently is on the map

Change Line 24396 to
Lua Code:
  1. self.ZoO["lakewintergrasp"]["lakewintergrasp"]="0,0,1024,768"
Hi Rythal,
I was able to figure out where most of the fixes go in the current carbonite.lua from the updated version from Carbonites authors using normal Notepad from Windows 7. Notepat allows you to view status bar, then under tools go to a specific line.

Unfortunately the lines didn't exactly match from Notepad on my PC with the updated Carbonite.lua which was recently released.

I was able to search for terms, and find most of the code which supposedly needed to be modified.

Unfortunately I get a "Carbonite File Error" "Download Carbonite again".

I assume the changes affected the size of the file.

Is there any way to persuade Carbonite to accept the changes?

I'd like to have this stuff fixed, and am not able to figure out how to persuade Carbonite to run after making some changes to it's .LUA file.

09-14-12, 05:30 PM   #31
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by RedEagle View Post
Hi Rythal,
I was able to figure out where most of the fixes go in the current carbonite.lua from the updated version from Carbonites authors using normal Notepad from Windows 7. Notepat allows you to view status bar, then under tools go to a specific line.

Unfortunately the lines didn't exactly match from Notepad on my PC with the updated Carbonite.lua which was recently released.

I was able to search for terms, and find most of the code which supposedly needed to be modified.

I'd like to have this stuff fixed, and am not able to figure out how to persuade Carbonite to run after making some changes to it's .LUA file.
That message is because one or more of the changes were not made right, you would need to turn on displaying lua errors to see which one. It's a default message when the addon has a problem not just because of the file size.

09-15-12, 02:43 AM   #32
coyot
A Murloc Raider
Version 5.041 do not work at me on RUru. no quest tracker, i don't can open tha map (same as the original map) and the questlog is the original blizzard questlog.There is too no welcome logo of carbonite and the only i can see, that carbonite is acitivated is, that the little carbonite symbol is shown at the minimap. it seems, that carbonite is not activated, but it is!

Please help me....

09-15-12, 06:06 AM   #33
flskylark
A Defias Bandit
I also cannot find the lines - I downloaded and installed notepad++ but the line numbers sure dont look like they match the suggested changes - any ideas?

Originally Posted by RedEagle View Post
Hi Rythal,

09-15-12, 06:46 AM   #34
Midak
A Defias Bandit
Premium Member
5.041 working on Spanish client with these modifications and localization.lua from Rythal's fan update.

Thank you Rythal!!

09-15-12, 01:25 PM   #35
jovenyoung
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Code:
Line 7496 currently says this:

daS1=format(QUEST_LOG_DAILY_COUNT_TEMPLATE,daD1,GetMaxDailyQuests())

Update to this:

daS1=format(QUEST_LOG_DAILY_COUNT_TEMPLATE,daD1,"*")

Code:
Line 25269 currently says this:

local mON={"NXMiniMapBut","GameTimeFrame","TimeManagerClockButton","MiniMapWorldMapButton","MiniMapMailFrame","MiniMapTracking","MiniMapVoiceChatFrame","MiniMapBattlefieldFrame","MiniMapLFGFrame","MiniMapInstanceDifficulty",}

Update it to this:

local mON={"NXMiniMapBut","GameTimeFrame","TimeManagerClockButton","MiniMapWorldMapButton","MiniMapMailFrame","MiniMapTracking","MiniMapVoiceChatFrame","QueueStatusMinimapButton","MiniMapInstanceDifficulty",}
Code:
Line 11248 currently says this:

frm.tex1:SetVertexColor(1,1,1,alp)

Update it to this:

frm.tex1:SetVertexColor(1,1,1,self.BaA)
Code:
Line 6795 currently says:

if alw or not don then

ADD a new line and put this as the info:
(put your cursor at the beginning of line 6796 and hit ENTER to get the existing line to drop down and leave you a blank line)

if GetAchievementNumCriteria(a) > 0 then

Code:
Line 6799 currently says:

return format("%s%s %d/%d",col2,nam,cnt,nee)

ADD a new line and put this as the info:
(put your cursor at the beginning of line 6800 and hit ENTER to get the existing line to drop down and leave you a blank line)

end
Code:
Line 24396 currently says:

self.ZoO["lakewintergrasp"][NXlMapWGOverlayName]="0,0,1024,768"

Update it to this:

self.ZoO["lakewintergrasp"]["lakewintergrasp"]="0,0,1024,768"
I have placed a text file on my website if you want it with those fixes in it.

http://www.botclan.net/wow/Carbonite.txt

You will have to right click save target as and rename the file to .lua and replace the file in the Carbonite folder...

09-15-12, 02:20 PM   #36
scorpionjs
A Murloc Raider
Hi all. I was typing and not using cut-n-paste, so I typed "self,BaA" when it is actually "self.BaA". I had a "duh" moment with that too because it's obviously a single attribute and not two parameters.

This did lead to that odd error about the file needing to be downloaded again.

Hope that helps some of you that are struggling, I'm back in business.

09-16-12, 02:52 AM   #37
mccompunerd
A Fallenroot Satyr
That's an unrepairable bug introduced with the new patch. Any area that is "indoors" but still mountable (dalaran, undercity, cleft of shadows, caverns of time) causes the map to do that if it's transparent at all... there is no sure fire way to detect when it will happen. In mine it was fixed by docking / solid if it was a known bugged area, we will have to wait and see how they handle it and just live with it for now
Easy fix/workaround for me in Dalaran was just right click map, Minimap, change Transparency to 0.00. It still leaves icons from what I can tell, and easier to get to since I like having my minimap overlay.

09-16-12, 06:20 AM   #38
suppie
A Murloc Raider
hi, im new to this sort of stuff, but ive done some of the patching and it works however i have noticed when i went into undercity i got a big black circle, is there a way to fix this please, love the addon

09-16-12, 06:44 AM   #39
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by suppie View Post
hi, im new to this sort of stuff, but ive done some of the patching and it works however i have noticed when i went into undercity i got a big black circle, is there a way to fix this please, love the addon
As already said, the only fix for that is to set minimap transparency to either 0 or 100 ... anything in between causes that to happen in broken zones You can turn it back to whatever you want after you leave the zone.

09-16-12, 07:02 AM   #40
Entropyutd
A Murloc Raider
As already said, the only fix for that is to set minimap transparency to either 0 or 100 ... anything in between causes that to happen in broken zones You can turn it back to whatever you want after you leave the zone.
Thank you for continuing to support this addon.

As for my take on the situation, I think it takes balls of brass to continue to take donations and then sit on your arses giving your user base zero feedback.
I appreciate that this is your baby, but the very least you owe those who have donated is a quick sticked message on the forums or main page letting us know what is or isn't going to happen.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Roll Your Own Fixes for 5.041