05-07-08, 07:45 PM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MazzleUI for 2.4 ETA

1. Is there an ETA for one a bug fix patch or a complete update is coming out?
    No.

2. Is a completely new version coming out with new features and updates coming out soon?
    At this time, I'd say no.

3. Is a new bug fix patch coming out?
    Most likely. The previous person working on it disappeared, but there is another.

4. Is a new updated add-on pack coming out?
    Most likely. The previous person working on it has disappeared, but there is another.

5. Is there an ETA for when this other person will be done?
    No.

6. Can I put out a new version or PM people my version of your work?
    No, not at this time.

7. Will the people who most need to read this thread actually do so before they make a post?
    *sigh* Probably not.
05-07-08, 07:57 PM   #2
griffin224
Premium Member

Thanks for the update Mazzle. We all appreciate it. To our new person trying to put some shine back into Mazzle, PM me if you need/want help. I am willing to learn and or try stuff to help out.
05-07-08, 08:11 PM   #3
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

well, i know i've been negative about the whole mazzle thing the last few days, but i'm glad to see some progress coming along, i was worried this compilation was going to disappear forever
05-08-08, 12:00 AM   #4
Bdro
A Cyclonian
Thanks Mazzle griffin224 said it pretty well. I'd also like to help out but I know little about coding, so I tend to try and help people out on the forums instead
05-08-08, 03:23 AM   #5
Raude
A Kobold Labourer
Hi @ all.

Indeed it would be a shame if this awesome masterpiece of a compilation disappears. Using it for a long time and I´m still happy with it.

I´ve read your last post here this morning (germany btw) and checked it out after a complete new OS setup. Hit me!

So thanks, Dude and keep rockin´!
05-08-08, 04:53 AM   #6
Stormlor
A Cyclonian
Better question:

"When will Mazzle come back to WoW."
- Hopefully soon, but who knows.

Personally I hope you come back, bunch of bad UI's out there at the moment. Last time we heard from you were playing LOTR. I hope you come to WoW or atleast go to Warhammer when it's out.

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post
  1. Is there an ETA for one a bug fix patch or a complete update is coming out?
    No.

2. Is a completely new version coming out with new features and updates coming out soon?
    At this time, I'd say no.

3. Is a new bug fix patch coming out?
    Most likely. The previous person working on it disappeared, but there is another.

4. Is a new updated add-on pack coming out?
    Most likely. The previous person working on it has disappeared, but there is another.

5. Is there an ETA for when this other person will be done?
    No.

6. Can I put out a new version or PM people my version of your work?
    No, not at this time.

7. Will the people who most need to read this thread actually do so before they make a post?
    *sigh* Probably not.
05-08-08, 09:54 AM   #7
bacon360
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Stormlor View Post
Better question:

"When will Mazzle come back to WoW."
- Hopefully soon, but who knows.

Personally I hope you come back, bunch of bad UI's out there at the moment. Last time we heard from you were playing LOTR. I hope you come to WoW or atleast go to Warhammer when it's out.
Ya really! We miss you Mazz.
05-12-08, 06:21 AM   #8
digaum2003
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
  1. Can I put out a new version or PM people my version of your work?
    No, not at this time.

That's sad =(
But I'm still positive about good people finishing the patch so that we can download it.
The thing that worries me the most is the new expansion. When it finally come out we'll have a hard time making our UIs to work again

But this is the best UI I've ever seen, and if anyone has an alternative, I'd like to hear about it (even if it's PM or whatever )
I saw ARKIVE already and didn't think it was so nice as mazzle (I don't care about automatic buttons positioning in bars btw, since I like to do it all by hand, but I'd like to keep the visual style mazzle offers us thogh). I also have my personal addons applied in the mazzle patch and I'd like to make them all work with this new UI.

Thanks
05-15-08, 08:09 AM   #9
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Sad and pointless. God forbid someone helps another person. OH LORDY NO
05-16-08, 01:27 PM   #10
Jordro
A Cyclonian
Cant Blame mazzle for wanting to insist on the UI he created as being right when the fix is released.

Originally Posted by Aygen View Post
05-16-08, 05:31 PM   #11
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Aygen View Post
What I find sad and pointless are people who have contributed little constantly on their soapboxes saying how they think things should be. If you have so much faith in your vision of how things should be, by all means, get out there and start producing your own stuff and make it a reality. Until then, I'll just give those opinions the weight they deserve.

Personally, I have no issue with people helping. I spend a lot of time helping others, and I don't even play WoW. I just draw the line at redistributing full versions. If that's not good enough, I encourage you to move along and use something else. There are many alternatives. Perhaps you'll find something that is happy with lots of points.
05-16-08, 05:33 PM   #12
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

And for everyone else who is actually patiently waiting , someone has been working on an updated add-on pack for the past two weeks or so. They were supposed to send it to me this past week, but I have not yet received it. They're more responsive than the previous people, so I'm still optimistic.

I'm not sure what's up with the bug fix patch. I don't think this person is going to do that after all. If there's someone who's facile with LUA and would like to do that, you can PM me.
05-17-08, 12:36 AM   #13
ChaosWolf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Many, MANY thanks for all the trouble you're going through, Mazzle, just to keep us going. Your UI is truly revolutionary, in my opinion, and I no longer can really see myself using anything else after all this time. Thank you SO much for making UI handling and management so simple for guys like me who can barely tell LUA from an elf's back end.
05-17-08, 03:41 AM   #14
Verissi
Premium Member

Glad to hear someone's working on some fixes. My raiding schedule has kept me busy or I probably would've whipped something up by now

Compilation aside, I do miss seeing my favourite gnome running around the server (ok, the only gnome I like at all aside from Kudi ). Miss ya, but glad you're having fun even if it's not with WoW.
05-17-08, 03:31 PM   #15
Zybraxis
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up Ready to Help

For what it's worth, I am willing to help in coding, testing -- whatever is needed. I don't know LUA or the WOW api -- but I am very skilled in many/most other languages (C, C++, Fortran, Cobol, Assembly, C# and -- god help me -- Visual Basic; I've done some work with Perl, jscript and vbscript as well). I think I could pick this up fairly quickly -- I work with problem shooting other people's code every day -- but I don't want to be a hindrance either.

If anyone decides that I can be of any help whatsoever, please contact me either in game (Mixsae on Kargath, currently), via e-mail in game, or via regular old fashioned e-mail (kenguil at msn dot com).

I absolutely can't Warcraft without MazzleUI....pure genius, Mazzle...
05-18-08, 12:14 AM   #16
Crothul
A Murloc Raider
waits patiently
great UI mazzle and has brought many hours of enjoyment
hope you get the files soon
05-18-08, 05:26 AM   #17
Claratcat
A Murloc Raider
I agree with most of the above. Its good to here that someone is working to fix this amazing UI, because its pretty obvious that people who use it really do think that it benefits their gameplay. I completely LOVE this UI and can't play without it, so I'll be patiently waiting for the Bug Fix
In the mean-time, Go Mazzlefizz and MazzleUI!
05-18-08, 02:27 PM   #18
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

A new person has volunteered to do the bug fix patch, so we'll see how that goes. I have not heard back from the last person who said they were doing the updated add-on pack.
05-18-08, 07:17 PM   #19
griffin224
Premium Member

I would submit the updated files for you Mazz, even in a self-extracting zip or some such, but I have added ALOT to Mazzle. I have even started trying to figure out how to Mazzify my additional addons, no luck so far, but hey...
05-19-08, 11:54 AM   #20
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

A new person has volunteered to do the bug fix patch, so we'll see how that goes. I have not heard back from the last person who said they were doing the updated add-on pack.
I have agreed to put out the fix to the core Mazzle (That is the files included in the Mazzle 1.11 file only). This includes updates to gfxtoggle2, 3dModel Database, Mazzifier and MazzleUI Core.

I believe it is almost ready (I have tested it and have no issues) but I am waiting on a couple possible items and hope to have it to Mazzle for final approval by this Wednesday.

This DOES NOT include all the updates to the ACE or other addons. That is part of the add-on pack that someone else (at the moment) is working on.

But to give you a ray of hope I was able to:
Install Mazzle 1.11, Apply DeTard's 2.3 Add-on Pack, Apply My fix, then run the ace updater and update all addons and low an behold I was able to Mazzify without any errors and everything seems to work. With the exception that you would still have to get CombatFilter and manually configure that along with Witchhunt and Atagonist. But going the route above I was able to fully mazzify without issues, existing toons and new toons as well without having to uncheck any options.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI for 2.4 ETA