06-03-16, 02:43 PM   #1
Candyball
A Murloc Raider
Target frame help please

Hi,

So basically I need a light add on to remove the FACE plate on whatever I target.
I'm playing my lock, and I need to move my target in the middle of my screen. (So I can move from stuff on the ground and not have to look at the very top of my screen to keep my dots up) The face plate is tacky and gets in the way of my vision sometimes. I have bartender, and I'm not really looking for a different U.I. rework here... It's literally one simple thing, and I can't find an add on that won't make me redo my entire setup. I'm open to it, but it has to be light because my computer is a laptop.

Please don't suggest a warlock add on unless it can do specifically what I'm asking. I don't like the way they work or look. I think it would confuse me.
06-03-16, 03:04 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Default Unit Frames (the proper term) can be moved without the use of an addon. Just right click either on the bars or the portrait and make your selection in the menu. I am sorry I can't be more specific, but it has been, literally, years since I have used the default interface.

Bartender is just an action bar addon. It doesn't do anything else to your user interface.

You could try a oUF unit frame. Just do a search for "ouf" and you will get a ton of them. But, there are a bunch of unit frame addons on WoWI that you could try. Just look HERE. Maybe you'll be able to find one you like.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
06-03-16, 03:56 PM   #3
Candyball
A Murloc Raider
Cool.. Yeah I already knew you can move the target frame, but it's one simple thing that I want. Not a whole new set up :/ sigh this is really bumming me out
06-03-16, 04:37 PM   #4
Candyball
A Murloc Raider
Like I don't want all of these extra things. Just the face removed from my target pane. Surely someone can make an add on for this..?
06-03-16, 04:43 PM   #5
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sure, you could use /run TargetFramePortrait:Hide(); I think it might help you understand why this isn't as simple as you think.
06-03-16, 04:50 PM   #6
Candyball
A Murloc Raider
I mean.. It sort of works. Thanks. But the bubble is still there lol.

Excuse me if I am sounding ignorant, but if it's so easy to disable the blizzard art bar in bartender then why not the target frames?
06-03-16, 05:04 PM   #7
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You can disable the art, but the frame is using one texture, if you disabled it it would look horrible.

/run TargetFrameTextureFrameTexture:Hide() would remove the border from the frame.
06-03-16, 05:42 PM   #8
Candyball
A Murloc Raider
holy crap thank you so much. I don't care what it looks like. I love you

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Target frame help please