03-06-06, 04:15 PM   #1
OG Willy
A Kobold Labourer

Question A few simple newbie questions surrounding custom GUIs:

As you can probably tell by my thread subject, I have a couple of elementary questions to ask your community about the installing and using of the various GUI downloads for World of Warcraft. I know they are very basic questions, but I have searched the forums on this website and a few other "modding" websites I found on Google and still could not find the answers I seek, so if these seem stupid, I'm sorry - just try and bear with me, I'm new to this.

So, what'd I like to do is install a few "AddOns" to my game, but I am very confused as to how they are installed. The only way I have been able to install and use the few that I like so far has been to download a whole bundle of them in a package like Cosmos. Cosmos works great - the only problem is I don't need all of the features that it comes with, and I'd like something a little more lightweight.

Is there a way to install single features to my WoW without downloading a whole GUI?

The three that I am most interested in are:
All in one inventory
Thottbot locations
Atlas

Thank you in advance,
OG Willy.
03-16-06, 02:26 AM   #2
Crispix
A Cyclonian

All in one, and Atlas can be downloaded as stand alones, as for Thottbot locations, I'm thinking you may want to look for a map addon, 90% of map addons have coordanants that corrispond with Thottbot's location xx,yy settings.

If you need more help than that, let me know.

I tried to locate the items you need but unfortuantely Curse-Gaming is having an issue with it's searcher right now.

Click my signature to see my current character!
Current Server: Lightning Hoof (PVP RP) Current UI: Mazzlefizz
03-16-06, 12:20 PM   #3
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

As you've found, all UI compilations and collections will include various addons that the user may never actually use. They may be good for first time users, or for players who want a specific setup (usually to achieve something they've seen in a screenshot or video) but for those who don't want or use the whole package, then they just end up using script memory etc that can be better used elsewhere!

Anyway, as Crispix says, both All in One Inventory and Atlas can be downloaded and installed individually, Atlas and here's a version of All in One Inventory

As for Thottbot, that only comes with Cosmos I believe, but there are alternatives. Again, as Crispix says, many map addons include the display of co-ordinates, I use MetaMap which can display co-ordinates at the bottom of the mini-map, as well as on the world map, along with many other features.

EDIT: Seems that links don't stand out very well in this forum, so if you have any problems actually seeing the links I've provided then let me know.

Last edited by Grizzly UK : 03-16-06 at 12:32 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » A few simple newbie questions surrounding custom GUIs: