04-10-10, 09:06 AM   #1
yami
An Aku'mai Servant

Unhappy wow freezing on logout

hey,

i'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

when u logout/reload ui the game freezes, and you have to ctrl+alt+del to kill it.
why do i bother asking this here? simple, after i uninstalled all my addons it stopped...at least for the time being, so i'm curious if it's caused from addon updates or something not agreeing with the new patch (i've been having the issue for a week or 2)
04-10-10, 09:19 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Your best bet is to do some deductions to find out which addon could be possibly causing a problem.

If for example you know there are several that have been updated since the last patch load them up and see if you get the problem and note which addons you tested with

No problem ? Then we need to track the ones that may be having a problem due to the last update. Take the rest of your addons not tested yet and pick no more than 5 to test at a time. Make a note which ones and if it had problems.

Once the last stage has exhausted the rest of your addons go through the addons in the group that had problems one at a time and see if they crash then.

Hopefully by this point you will have 1 or maybe more addons that seem to trigger the error.

If you then activate all addons except those few it should not cause a problem and you can post a comment on the appropriate addon's pages letting the owner know of the problem. perhaps another user had the same problem with that addon and has resolved it with a bit of bandaid programming.

Beyond that it is hard to know what could be causing the problem. For one, we don't know which addons you are using. If they are discontinued due to known problems that have finally caused WoW to crash... the list goes on. Go through those steps above and hopefully you will be able to give us a more detailed question as to if a particular addon is causing problems.

One thing I have noticed with my own addons are that when that freeze up happens it has been because I have gone into a recursive loop somewhere so perhaps one of the addons is doing that. Again, until you know which particular addons could be causing the problem no-one can really help you outside of non addon specific tests.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » wow freezing on logout