02-07-11, 09:19 PM   #1
ltgupstermed
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation WOW is all laggy after Carbonite Install

Greetings, Everyone!

I don't know if this has been answered so far, so if it has my go apologies in advance.

I just got back to playing wow after being gone for 5 months. Cataclysm installed, updated, ect. I have been playing for a few days w/out my add-ons and such. I just installed Carbonite 4.034 and now WoW is all glitchy and laggy.

Any thoughts/ideas anyone? Please help and thanks!

Gup!

02-08-11, 02:03 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have seen it posted that if you are tracking achievements using the quest watch, it can cause a pretty impressive fps drop. If you are tracking achievements, try not tracking them and see if that helps.

02-08-11, 08:11 PM   #3
falleagle
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy

I am having same problem sence the patch update this morning wow is very laggy and fps drop way down and i am not tracking any thing except for the quests

02-08-11, 08:51 PM   #4
Zonarch
A Defias Bandit
I am also having the same issues. I've noted that the extreme drop in FPS happens whenever an objective gets partially/fully completed causing the kill/collection counter to go up.

For instance, Stormwinds fishing daily, I will fish fine, but when I catch the walleye, as soon as the counter pops up, ex. "Walleye 2/8", that's when it chugs to a halt until the text fades away. Or for the Valentines quest, analyzing the guards' perfume, every sample taken, as soon as the text pops up, chugs to a halt. Every time, not just sometimes.

I disable Carbonite, and the issue goes away.

I hope I was thorough enough in my explanation

02-08-11, 11:00 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I think we're just going to have to wait for the Carbonite dev team to answer this one.

02-09-11, 12:21 AM   #6
Stevenlandry
Premium Member

Premium Member
i'm having having the same problem i disable it and have rarely no fps problems but with it enabled about every 30 to 45 mins if that my fps drops down to 1-6 happens in instances, using flight paths, standing in one spot and it last for a good 5 to 10 mins then it goes back up and its fine for again 30 -45 then starts all over. had it happen 3 times in vortex pin. on trash mobs and boss fights

02-09-11, 05:31 AM   #7
wacko1
A Cyclonian
it doesnt only drop my fps down to 9-10
but i cant even get the quest watcher to show my quests.

the questlog works fine.
tried to click the quest off and back on to see if they would show up on watch but that didnt help.

when i disable carbonite my fps are back up to 45-60.
pls fix this , i dont like watching the standard wow quest watch .

02-09-11, 07:01 AM   #8
falleagle
A Defias Bandit
Smile Found the Problem

Originally Posted by Zonarch View Post
I am also having the same issues. I've noted that the extreme drop in FPS happens whenever an objective gets partially/fully completed causing the kill/collection counter to go up.

For instance, Stormwinds fishing daily, I will fish fine, but when I catch the walleye, as soon as the counter pops up, ex. "Walleye 2/8", that's when it chugs to a halt until the text fades away. Or for the Valentines quest, analyzing the guards' perfume, every sample taken, as soon as the text pops up, chugs to a halt. Every time, not just sometimes.

I disable Carbonite, and the issue goes away.

I hope I was thorough enough in my explanation

I Figured out what the problem was on my machine i also had archy asst if i disable that the carbonite program works PERFECTLY

Last edited by falleagle : 02-09-11 at 07:04 AM.

02-09-11, 07:21 AM   #9
Zonarch
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by falleagle View Post
I Figured out what the problem was on my machine i also had archy asst if i disable that the carbonite program works PERFECTLY
Thanks, that worked for me I was in the process of selectively disabling my addons, but thought I had found the culprit.

02-09-11, 10:10 AM   #10
wacko1
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by falleagle View Post
that didnt work i dont even have archy

02-09-11, 06:33 PM   #11
wacko1
A Cyclonian
Wink

Little update

i had a info window with wintergrasp time on it.

the lua errors about WG where running through the roof.

so i deleted the info window and ( happy me ) got everything running normal again.

however..................... now carbonite doesnt hide the wow standard quest tracker.

i dont have any errors it just doesnt hide.

anyone know a solution to this

02-09-11, 07:02 PM   #12
Yelina
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by wacko1 View Post
Little update

i had a info window with wintergrasp time on it.

the lua errors about WG where running through the roof.

so i deleted the info window and ( happy me ) got everything running normal again.
Thanks for that. I made a post here. Maybe I can get rid of the bug, (of which bugsack is going crazy) after deleting that window button.

02-14-11, 08:53 PM   #13
Stevenlandry
Premium Member

Premium Member
i dont run any addons as this one help me do everything i need to do i dont do archy (to boring) annd i still get fps drops of 1-10 most 1-4 fps so what could be the problem when i'm not running this program i have normal fps all the time.

02-14-11, 10:41 PM   #14
Turgis
A Fallenroot Satyr
Archy was causing this for me as well. Turning it off no lag now. Wondering if there is some interaction though because turning off carbonite also caused the lag to stop.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOW is all laggy after Carbonite Install