01-13-09, 07:30 AM   #2361
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Splitail View Post
omg. ilu 8)
So you will marry me then? ~lol~

I spent last night working on this (instead of questing... I hope you know that kittens owe me way more than just their lives) and I have the layout done and I really am happy with it, but I"m having some taint issues that I have to sort out which are preventing the buff bar from updating its height correctly in combat

If you look at the screen shot below you can see the player and pet auras on the left and the target on the right. The target aura "box" is not as tall as it is supposed to be because of the taint issue I'm working on, but you can get the general idea of where I'm going with this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_011309_082601.jpg
Views:	672
Size:	757.3 KB
ID:	2186  

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-13-09, 08:24 AM   #2362
trezy
A Cliff Giant
All I gotta say is I love it! Also are they gonna be moveable? And second what was that script to hide that silly vehicle frame? It gets in the way in Oculus. Thanks, keep up the good work.

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post

I spent last night working on this (instead of questing... I hope you know that kittens owe me way more than just their lives) and I have the layout done and I really am happy with it, but I"m having some taint issues that I have to sort out which are preventing the buff bar from updating its height correctly in combat

If you look at the screen shot below you can see the player and pet auras on the left and the target on the right. The target aura "box" is not as tall as it is supposed to be because of the taint issue I'm working on, but you can get the general idea of where I'm going with this.

01-13-09, 10:07 AM   #2363
Splitail
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
lol! My boyfreind might get upset if I married you Then he wouldn't have anyone to level DK's or complain about Naxxramasaurus25 with.

The buff bars look ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC, and are EXACTLY what I as envisioning. The only problem I can see is that when someone is in a 10/25 man raid the debuffs could still get out of control. Being a hunter myself, all I really care about are MY debuffs (SS, CS, pet debuffs, ya know), so I can see them as they are about to expire. I edited the lua In accordance with Drambers instructions last night and hid all the boss debuffs.

Now all I see are the debuffs I place on the boss underneath the castbar in the hud. While this is fantastic for me, other classes might want to see other debuffs that other classes throw out that might benefit them (scorch, mangle, whatev). What's great about Elkano's bars is that you can filter through the stuff you don't want to track and keep the stuff you do. Don't know how that would work out here, or how much extra work it would be to put a filter of some kind on it (hell, I was impressed with myself changing true to false in the lua files, no idea what this would entail). Even if it never gets filtered, it just looks like the debuff placement area just needs to be moved up to allow room for expansion

Two thumbs up from me on this, love it

PS...Noticed you are on a test server, Have much of a chance to experience the hunter nerfs?

01-13-09, 10:22 AM   #2364
ThaRalMatix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hi there,

to be honest i didn'T really read the 119 pages ... i just wanted to know how can i integrate the GRID Panel within the nui interface? it doesnt integrate like Omen or Recount, does it?

And ehm will there be a way in hide the buffs when using a tool like Classtimers?

01-13-09, 11:34 AM   #2365
Alarra
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Do you have any text files located in \World of Warcraft\Errors ?
They are all in the wow error folder. it is a wow error not a cp error. I'll grab one and post it for reference.

Here is what they look like.

file
file2

I've done a bit of research on others having the problem and it may be a windows 64 bit issue. Not entirely sure yet because it still happens after changing a lot of things. Another thing to note, it is about 99% certain to happen only when flying by the flight master.

Last edited by Alarra : 01-13-09 at 11:36 AM.

01-13-09, 12:20 PM   #2366
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by trezy View Post
All I gotta say is I love it! Also are they gonna be moveable? And second what was that script to hide that silly vehicle frame? It gets in the way in Oculus. Thanks, keep up the good work.
As far as movable goes, not initially... they're still the same thing as the aura icons you have now, they're just being presented in a different format. I have actually made no code changes to create those button bars, I just changed the layout for the unit frame. I am going to have to change the code though in order to fix the taint problem. So, I won't be able to release this until I can fix that and update nUI itself, then I can release this as an optional plugin.

That said, it would be very easy to edit the plugin to change the location of the bars.

01-13-09, 12:32 PM   #2367
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
They are all in the wow error folder. it is a wow error not a cp error. I'll grab one and post it for reference.

Here is what they look like.

file
file2

I've done a bit of research on others having the problem and it may be a windows 64 bit issue. Not entirely sure yet because it still happens after changing a lot of things. Another thing to note, it is about 99% certain to happen only when flying by the flight master.
I've seen those errors before. Here's some tips for troubleshooting the issue.

Delete the Cache folder as sometimes files inside will get corrupt and cause game errors. The folder will be recreated when you log back into the game.

Move your Interface and WTF folders to your desktop and play the game with the vanilla UI and fresh default settings. This will rule out any corrupt files or addons as the cause of your error. Both folders will be recreated when you log back into the game.

If you still have those errors after doing that, be sure to post here with your latest error log, all of the troubleshooting steps you have taken, and a complete copy of your dxdiag report (the more info you give them in your report, the faster they'll be able to help you).

As an afterthought, they will more than likely ask you to run a memory diagnostic, which you can find that tool either on the Microsoft site, or if you are running Vista I think there's a memory diagnostic tool already in the OS, but don't quote me on that.

01-13-09, 12:32 PM   #2368
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Damn... the good ones are always taken. /sigh

Yeah, I was on the test server working on it this morning because the regular servers were down for extended maintenance but I haven't really spent a lot of time there with my hunter. And, unfortunately, it's kind of hard to compare now because he's just a bubble shy of 77 on the live server and still 72 on the test server, so he feels nerfed no matter what.

That said, I haven't had any problem solo with him yet once I realized that I hadn't spent his talent points since the copy ~lol~

As for the debuffs needing to be moved... not really. The bottom of the debuffs is supposed to stay attached to just above the button bag, but because of the taint problem, the size isn't changing in combat and the extra bars push down instead of the top of the list moving up.

Now... if you want to filter your own buffs to only show the buffs you placed on yourself instead of the buffs everyone else places on you, you can do that very easily by editing the nUI_UnitSkin_SoloPlayer.lua nUI_UnitSkin_PartyPlayer.lua and nUI_UnitSkin_Raid10Player.lua unit skins files that you just edited... down at the bottom where the ["Aura"] section is you'll find two sub-sections... [1] and [2] -- the [2] section is the buffs that are on you (which should look like what I have quoted below here) -- All you have to do to make it filter the auras and only show you what you have cast on yourself is to change "player_auras = false," to read "player_auras = true," and reload your UI.

Code:
            [2] =
            {
                anchor =
                {
                    anchor_pt        = "BOTTOMRIGHT",
                    relative_to      = "nUI_Dashboard",
                    relative_pt      = "CENTER",
                    xOfs             = -420,
                    yOfs             = 170,
                },        
                options =
                {
                    enabled          = true,
                    size             = 45,
                    strata           = nil,
                    level            = 1,

aura_type        = "help",
                    origin           = "BOTTOMRIGHT",
                    player_auras     = false,
                    dispellable      = false,
                    horizontal       = true,
                    highlight_player = true,
                    aura_types       = false,
                    cooldown_anim    = false,
                    flash_expire     = true,
                    clickable        = true,
                    rows             = 4,
                    cols             = 10,
                    expire_time      = 10,
                    hGap             = 5,
                    vGap             = 25,

count =
                    {
                        enabled     = true,
                        justifyH    = "CENTER",
                        justifyV    = "MIDDLE",
                        anchor_pt   = "CENTER",
                        relative_pt = "CENTER",
                        xOfs        = 0,
                        yOfs        = 0,
                    },

timer =
                    {
                        enabled     = true,
                        fontsize    = 10.5,
                        justifyH    = "CENTER",
                        justifyV    = "BOTTOM",
                        anchor_pt   = "TOP",
                        relative_pt = "BOTTOM",
                        xOfs        = 0,
                        yOfs        = 0,
                    },
                },    
            },
Now, nUI does not yet support filtering specific auras in or out of the list, but I like the idea and will add it to my to-do list. No promise on when it will happen though and thank you sincerely for the suggestion.

Originally Posted by Splitail View Post
lol! My boyfreind might get upset if I married you Then he wouldn't have anyone to level DK's or complain about Naxxramasaurus25 with.

The buff bars look ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC, and are EXACTLY what I as envisioning. The only problem I can see is that when someone is in a 10/25 man raid the debuffs could still get out of control. Being a hunter myself, all I really care about are MY debuffs (SS, CS, pet debuffs, ya know), so I can see them as they are about to expire. I edited the lua In accordance with Drambers instructions last night and hid all the boss debuffs.

Now all I see are the debuffs I place on the boss underneath the castbar in the hud. While this is fantastic for me, other classes might want to see other debuffs that other classes throw out that might benefit them (scorch, mangle, whatev). What's great about Elkano's bars is that you can filter through the stuff you don't want to track and keep the stuff you do. Don't know how that would work out here, or how much extra work it would be to put a filter of some kind on it (hell, I was impressed with myself changing true to false in the lua files, no idea what this would entail). Even if it never gets filtered, it just looks like the debuff placement area just needs to be moved up to allow room for expansion

Two thumbs up from me on this, love it

PS...Noticed you are on a test server, Have much of a chance to experience the hunter nerfs?

01-13-09, 12:34 PM   #2369
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by ThaRalMatix View Post
Hi there,

to be honest i didn'T really read the 119 pages ... i just wanted to know how can i integrate the GRID Panel within the nui interface? it doesnt integrate like Omen or Recount, does it?

And ehm will there be a way in hide the buffs when using a tool like Classtimers?
If you read back just the last page or two, you will find instructions on how to remove the buffs. As for GRID, nUI is compatible with it, but does not integrate it. Just install GRID and location the panel where you want it.

01-13-09, 02:12 PM   #2370
Splitail
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ah, alright. The debuffs moving up make sense.

I did edit the lua's to hide everything, even my debuffs, but that's ok because they still show up in the middle of the hud Happy with that for the moment, but can't wait to see what else you can make happen with this

Damn... the good ones are always taken. /sigh

Yeah, I was on the test server working on it this morning because the regular servers were down for extended maintenance but I haven't really spent a lot of time there with my hunter. And, unfortunately, it's kind of hard to compare now because he's just a bubble shy of 77 on the live server and still 72 on the test server, so he feels nerfed no matter what.

That said, I haven't had any problem solo with him yet once I realized that I hadn't spent his talent points since the copy ~lol~

As for the debuffs needing to be moved... not really. The bottom of the debuffs is supposed to stay attached to just above the button bag, but because of the taint problem, the size isn't changing in combat and the extra bars push down instead of the top of the list moving up.

Now... if you want to filter your own buffs to only show the buffs you placed on yourself instead of the buffs everyone else places on you, you can do that very easily by editing the nUI_UnitSkin_SoloPlayer.lua nUI_UnitSkin_PartyPlayer.lua and nUI_UnitSkin_Raid10Player.lua unit skins files that you just edited... down at the bottom where the ["Aura"] section is you'll find two sub-sections... [1] and [2] -- the [2] section is the buffs that are on you (which should look like what I have quoted below here) -- All you have to do to make it filter the auras and only show you what you have cast on yourself is to change "player_auras = false," to read "player_auras = true," and reload your UI.

Code:
            [2] =
            {
                anchor =
                {
                    anchor_pt        = "BOTTOMRIGHT",
                    relative_to      = "nUI_Dashboard",
                    relative_pt      = "CENTER",
                    xOfs             = -420,
                    yOfs             = 170,
                },        
                options =
                {
                    enabled          = true,
                    size             = 45,
                    strata           = nil,
                    level            = 1,

aura_type        = "help",
                    origin           = "BOTTOMRIGHT",
                    player_auras     = false,
                    dispellable      = false,
                    horizontal       = true,
                    highlight_player = true,
                    aura_types       = false,
                    cooldown_anim    = false,
                    flash_expire     = true,
                    clickable        = true,
                    rows             = 4,
                    cols             = 10,
                    expire_time      = 10,
                    hGap             = 5,
                    vGap             = 25,

count =
                    {
                        enabled     = true,
                        justifyH    = "CENTER",
                        justifyV    = "MIDDLE",
                        anchor_pt   = "CENTER",
                        relative_pt = "CENTER",
                        xOfs        = 0,
                        yOfs        = 0,
                    },

timer =
                    {
                        enabled     = true,
                        fontsize    = 10.5,
                        justifyH    = "CENTER",
                        justifyV    = "BOTTOM",
                        anchor_pt   = "TOP",
                        relative_pt = "BOTTOM",
                        xOfs        = 0,
                        yOfs        = 0,
                    },
                },    
            },
Now, nUI does not yet support filtering specific auras in or out of the list, but I like the idea and will add it to my to-do list. No promise on when it will happen though and thank you sincerely for the suggestion.

01-14-09, 11:33 AM   #2371
Wavebow
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

-- Scott
maybe you can explain something about the HUD to me. I am not really sure about the logic of the range info.

The target on the screen is about 45-60 meters away. The HUD info says

Reichweite: NAHKAMPF which means
Reach: MEELE.

Of course it is not in meele range. Btw. in this case a better translation to german for "range" will be "Entfernung" in comparison to "Reichweite".
I recognized the same in the unittooltip (on the right screen bottom).

Greetings Wavebow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_011409_181605.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	392.1 KB
ID:	2194  

Last edited by Wavebow : 01-14-09 at 11:37 AM.

01-15-09, 11:15 AM   #2372
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Wavebow -- first... language translation errors... any error that you find you are welcome to correct yourself. You need only edit the file [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Main > localization.deDE.lua ] (I think that's the correct name, I'm at work on lunch break and can't look it up here). Make any changes that need making and then e-mail the file to me at [email protected]

As for the range indication, this appears to be a bug that was introduced to nUI in the WoW 3.0 patch. Something has changed in how WoW is reporting the ranges for spells and I haven't been able to figure out what it is yet. In any event, this change is causing range to target calculation issues because the minimum ranges are not what is expected so instead of the target being 10-30 meters away, it's 0-30 and thus nUI says it is in melee range (0 meters). I'm working on a fix, but haven't sorted out the root cause yet.

Originally Posted by Wavebow View Post
-- Scott
maybe you can explain something about the HUD to me. I am not really sure about the logic of the range info.

The target on the screen is about 45-60 meters away. The HUD info says

Reichweite: NAHKAMPF which means
Reach: MEELE.

Of course it is not in meele range. Btw. in this case a better translation to german for "range" will be "Entfernung" in comparison to "Reichweite".
I recognized the same in the unittooltip (on the right screen bottom).

Greetings Wavebow.

01-15-09, 11:57 AM   #2373
Wavebow
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Hi Scott,

I am glad to help you . I will have a look through the german localizaion file. When I will find something that could maybe translatetd a bit better then I will send you a mail.

Greetings Wavebow.

01-16-09, 09:12 AM   #2374
Arcadimas
A Kobold Labourer
Profiles

I just started to using this UI and it's great. I just have one question. I tried to read through the post and couldn't find it. I'm a prot warrior but I spec for pvp. Is their a way to save your bar buttons or a profile? This would be especially handy if dual specs ever come out. lol

PS. I tried /nui scale but it says that's an invalid command?

Thanks for the great work!!!

01-16-09, 09:55 AM   #2375
trashi
A Murloc Raider
hallo,

anything about the petfeed localisation bug,
1.) feedstrings wouldn't replaced by the localication.deDe.lua, dont know why.
2.) there is a bug from blizz that fungus wasn't replaced by the german translation "Pilze"
3.) all food in german starts also in lowercase

i replaced the english foodnames in the constants.lua bye the german names except fungus then the petfeeder works perfect...

hope this helps you to catch the bug complete.

Code:
-- pet feeder constants

nUI_DEFAULT_FRAME_RATE   = 30;
nUI_FOOD_MEAT	         = "fleisch";
nUI_FOOD_FISH	         = "fisch";
nUI_FOOD_BREAD	         = "brot";
nUI_FOOD_CHEESE          = "käse";
nUI_FOOD_FRUIT	         = "obst";
nUI_FOOD_FUNGUS          = "fungus";

01-16-09, 10:01 AM   #2376
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Trashi --

I had a feeling that might be what it was but I hadn't had a chance to look at it yet. However, those values should also be in the localization.deDE.lua file which would be the correct location to make those changes... or have they vanished from that file?

I'll toy with it and see if I can make it work correctly and thank you very much for looking into it.

Originally Posted by trashi View Post
hallo,

anything about the petfeed localisation bug,
1.) feedstrings wouldn't replaced by the localication.deDe.lua, dont know why.
2.) there is a bug from blizz that fungus wasn't replaced by the german translation "Pilze"
3.) all food in german starts also in lowercase

i replaced the english foodnames in the constants.lua bye the german names except fungus then the petfeeder works perfect...

hope this helps you to catch the bug complete.

Code:
-- pet feeder constants

nUI_DEFAULT_FRAME_RATE   = 30;
nUI_FOOD_MEAT             = "fleisch";
nUI_FOOD_FISH             = "fisch";
nUI_FOOD_BREAD             = "brot";
nUI_FOOD_CHEESE          = "käse";
nUI_FOOD_FRUIT             = "obst";
nUI_FOOD_FUNGUS          = "fungus";

01-16-09, 10:04 AM   #2377
spiel2001
nUI's Author

At this time there is no mechanism for saving your bar settings (which action buttons are where on your bars) -- however, that is a planned feature.

As for the '/nui scale' slash command, that is no longer a supported feature and if I've left it in the documentation it's by accident.

Originally Posted by Arcadimas View Post
I just started to using this UI and it's great. I just have one question. I tried to read through the post and couldn't find it. I'm a prot warrior but I spec for pvp. Is their a way to save your bar buttons or a profile? This would be especially handy if dual specs ever come out. lol

PS. I tried /nui scale but it says that's an invalid command?

Thanks for the great work!!!

01-16-09, 10:30 AM   #2378
AsheruWolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Hey Scott is there a line to add to keep the raid frames from popping up when joining a group/raid I typically play it in the solo mode using Grid as my healing frames/health of raid.

Last edited by AsheruWolf : 01-16-09 at 10:42 AM.

01-16-09, 10:49 AM   #2379
trashi
A Murloc Raider
hi scott,

i tried to replace that in the localization.deDE.lua, but there was no effect at all, no idea why.

Trashi --

I had a feeling that might be what it was but I hadn't had a chance to look at it yet. However, those values should also be in the localization.deDE.lua file which would be the correct location to make those changes... or have they vanished from that file?

I'll toy with it and see if I can make it work correctly and thank you very much for looking into it.

01-16-09, 02:12 PM   #2380
spiel2001
nUI's Author

No -- there isn't -- However, once you've join the raid/group, as long as the roster doesn't change -- you should be able to switch back the solo unit panel. I will, however, add an option for this to the to-do list as I can see where that would be an annoyance in some cases.

Originally Posted by AsheruWolf View Post
Hey Scott is there a line to add to keep the raid frames from popping up when joining a group/raid I typically play it in the solo mode using Grid as my healing frames/health of raid.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement