09-15-05, 02:16 PM   #1
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
GroupHeal

Group Heal

Current Version: 1.5.1

This AddOn is designed to add a healing button beside the portrait of each party member that the player can simply click on to cast a healing spell on that party member. The intention is for the mod to automatically scale the rank of healing used based on the current health of the member being targeted. Upto 3 spells per target are supported, with Priest's Lesser Heal, Heal and Greater Heal being scaled as one spell. The mod also adds an option to bind keys to each of the 15 buttons. Healing spells that are level restricted, such as Renew and Regrowth are scaled based on the target's level instead of their current health. The affects of +Healing Gear are taken into affect when choosing spell ranks, but buffs that add to healing affects such as Blessing of Light are not accounted for.

The RaidHeal extension included with this AddOn extends the capabilities of GroupHeal to the Raid environment. RaidHeal currently supports CT_RaidAssist, Nymbia's Perl Unitframes and the default Blizzard Raid UI.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=3919

Comments and Suggestions are welcome.

Please take advantage of my new WoWI portal site at http://jbcc.wowinterface.com/ I will be using this site from now on to track feature requests and bug reports.

Please do not tell me that other AddOns already do exactly the same thing (in a fashion that suggests there is no point to my efforts). This is my AddOn and I have designed it primarily around my own needs. I am sharing it with you all out of the goodness of my own heart.

Features implemented in this version:
  • French and German Spell data translations (UI has yet to be translated)
  • Weakened Soul indication on PW:S buttons now takes the form of a 15 second, target specific, cooldown

Features that will be in the next major version:
  • button size settings

Features Currently Under Development:
  • button position settings
  • Minimum and Maximum Rank Options for each spell
  • click casting
  • target buttons for Friendly Targets who are not in your Party/Raid Group

Last edited by Esamynn : 06-20-06 at 12:27 AM. Reason: minor version release
10-02-05, 03:39 PM   #2
fatechosenone
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
wonder if youd consider putting the shielding button in the group heal "bar" beside the icon. Shielding is an essential part of keeping your party alive

Otherwise i love it.
10-02-05, 04:32 PM   #3
Random
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Finally a *good* replacement for BeneCast! My only suggestions would be to add support for curing dieseases, posions, etc... and Buffs too. Ok...Basically, just make it BeneCast but working!

Im a druid so the spells I'd like to see have support for this are...

Code:
BUFFS
------------------
Mark of the Wild
Gift of the Wild
Thorns Aura

CURING SPELLS
------------------
Remove Curse
Abolish Poison
Cure Poison

HEALING
------------------
Rejuvenation
Healing Touch
Regrowth
Tranquility

OTHER
-----------------
Rebirth (Don't really care about this one, just a nice bonus)
10-02-05, 10:09 PM   #4
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by fatechosenone
wonder if youd consider putting the shielding button in the group heal "bar" beside the icon. Shielding is an essential part of keeping your party alive
My main is a Druid, which would probably be the main reason this hasn't made it in yet. This is an option that will probably make its way in with time, but for the moment it will likely take a back seat to other improvements.
10-02-05, 10:17 PM   #5
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Random
Finally a *good* replacement for BeneCast! My only suggestions would be to add support for curing dieseases, posions, etc... and Buffs too. Ok...Basically, just make it BeneCast but working!

Im a druid so the spells I'd like to see have support for this are...
For the moment, I have no plans to include any curing/buffing functionality. I view GroupHeal as a Healing utility and in the interests of keep it "light-weight" it will likely remain a Healing only AddOn. Furthermore, there are already good AddOns available for tracking Buffs and for curing debuffs, so I currently do not feel the need to include these features.

Last edited by Esamynn : 02-28-06 at 11:03 AM. Reason: spelling
10-03-05, 12:38 PM   #6
Random
I suppose I can always make my own modified version then =P
10-03-05, 12:50 PM   #7
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
I suppose I can always make my own modified version then =P
There is that, or you can look into other AddOns for this purpose. I use BuffBot for party buffs and Decursive for my curing macro. Both are easily found if you do a search on google for the AddOn name plus the string "World of Warcraf" (not in quotes when entering it into Google).

If you are going to use Decursive, or any AddOn that offers similar functionality (BuffBot also tries to, but doesn't do it as well) you might be interested in taking a look at this thread: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...p=1#post231093
10-03-05, 02:57 PM   #8
Random
I've looked into all that, and for one Decursive is going to be disabled as soon as the blizz employees figure out how and I like having my buffs/cures in that bar, so I'll just give you the code if you want, save you time or what ever
10-03-05, 06:12 PM   #9
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
I've looked into all that, and for one Decursive is going to be disabled as soon as the blizz employees figure out how and I like having my buffs/cures in that bar, so I'll just give you the code if you want, save you time or what ever
By all means go for it. I would reccomend coding is as a seperate addon that in some way accounts for or depends upon GroupHeal. This will allow further updates to GroupHeal without you having to continually re-code your own "version".

I am not in anyway against this functionality, I just don't currently need it and perfer to have each tool do its own job. GroupHeal's "job" is healing. If you want to write an AddOn that works with GroupHeal, say you call if GroupBuff or GroupDecurse, then I would even consider re-enabling patches/addons on GroupHeal so that you could post it there.
10-04-05, 09:46 AM   #10
fatechosenone
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
aha got ya. Well, i look forward to having the shield button up eventually

I think that buffs would clutter up those bars way too much, buffing is something that rarely has to be done with urgency, i dont really see the need for them to be up there.
10-04-05, 05:16 PM   #11
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by fatechosenone
I think that buffs would clutter up those bars way too much, buffing is something that rarely has to be done with urgency, i dont really see the need for them to be up there.
You read my mind.
10-04-05, 05:34 PM   #12
Random
Well, they don't really clutter the bar because if the unit has the buff, the buff button isn't shown. Same with curing spells, if the unit isn't poisioned or whatever, no button is shown I just like to have these features so I can have a visual message somone needs a buff or cure.
11-09-05, 12:14 PM   #13
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Version 1.2 released

Bump for Version 1.2
11-09-05, 01:54 PM   #14
Random
I like the new changes, I still haven't forgot about this addon, but I still don't have WoW back yet (I will in the next week or 2). But if you still don't plan to implement the stuff I suggested earlier in this thread, I will

Reallyadude: OMG Blizz nerfed crashing
Iriel: Tem will find a workaround. I have faith.
11-09-05, 03:14 PM   #15
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
I like the new changes, I still haven't forgot about this addon, but I still don't have WoW back yet (I will in the next week or 2). But if you still don't plan to implement the stuff I suggested earlier in this thread, I will
As I said before, if you would like to create a plugin AddOn that attaches itself to my buttons for this purpose, I would be happy to consider allowing you to upload it as a "patch" for GroupHeal. I will even go so far as to entertain minor modifications to my code to make such plugins easier.

That said, I still believe that the goals of the functionality you have suggested are better accomplished in other ways.
11-11-05, 04:36 PM   #16
reale
A Kobold Labourer
Buffs

You guys know of a mod that notifies you when team/raid buffs run out? That's only reason why I would want extra buttons added.

Tried BuffBot but that is spammy and has some raid issues.

Thank you
11-12-05, 10:58 PM   #17
Katrak
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by reale
You guys know of a mod that notifies you when team/raid buffs run out? That's only reason why I would want extra buttons added.

Tried BuffBot but that is spammy and has some raid issues.

Thank you
CTMod (i think) has an option to turn on an alert that will let you know when a buff is about to expire.

I like the looks of this mod. Its basically a new version of Benecast which I used for a long time. I've been looking for something new since the buttons there seemed to have "dead zones" that wouldn't use the spell being clicked.

Only two things I would like to see with GroupHeal is perhaps a sizing option and placement options. Having that one button below my player frame is a minor annoyance. Other than that the mod is great. I'll be keeping track of this one for updates.
11-14-05, 01:35 PM   #18
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Position and sizing options are part of my future plans. I won't be working on GroupHeal for the next week or 2 while I catch up on school work. You can expect a version or two to be released during the Christmas holiday, but I make no promises.
11-24-05, 07:46 PM   #19
TazGolem
A Murloc Raider
Have to say I love Group Heal .

But any chance of adding pet heal buttons in the future.

Thanks.
11-25-05, 03:18 AM   #20
jure
A Murloc Raider

This mod is GREAT!

I'm playing a Priest 50 and i think that GroupHeal il better than BeneCast.
I'm waiting the day that PW:S will appair near the other icons

Question: does the "cooldown indicator" consider the following points?
- PW:S cooldown
- PW:S "damage absorb" remaining
- Soul Weakness cooldown

Suggestions:
- I think that Renew need a "duration indicator"
- Icons must consider the player's amount of mana. Example: i have 300 mana and my target needs a Greater Heal. The GE icon appair, but i can't cast it cause i haven't enough mana. But with 300 mana i could cast "Heal"! I know that's a hard point: is more important show the greater heal needed or the greater heal castable? Maybe the solution is show the greater heal needed by target, but with some indicators (color, symbol, letter, ...) that means "impossible cast any healing spell" and " cast a lower healing spell than the showed one". Another solution is let the player customize this.

IMHO THIS MOD IS THE BEST PRIEST'S CHOICE!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » GroupHeal