10-19-10, 11:42 AM   #1
Jansyu
A Defias Bandit
Gas Nodes / Engineers

Hi, I'm a new user to Carbonite, and it looks pretty good so far.
But I need some help.

I can't seem to show any GAS nodes.
Sure, I can get mining and herbs, but I need to see the Gas nodes.

So far, I can only see them on my mini map (Blizzards).

Thanks

10-19-10, 12:14 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The UI to show gas is clunky, but it works. Read below...

This is from the CarboniteReadMe.txt file you will find in the Carbonite addon folder:

-- Gathering

Carbonite tracks mining, herb, gas and everfost shard locations when you gather them.

To show them on the map for the selected zone:

Herbs - Right click a non icon area of map, select Show and check "Show Herb Locations".
Mining - Right click a non icon area of map, select Show and check "Show Mining Locations".
Gas - Click the Guide ? icon on map, left click "Gather >>>" and left click the Gas icon.
Everfrost chip - Click the Guide ? icon on map, left click "Gather >>>" and left click the Everfrost chip icon.

Routing:

Once any nodes are being shown on the map, you can right click a non icon area of map, select "Route..." and select "Current Gather Locations" to make a route on the map.

-- Carbonite Nodes

CarboniteNodes is a simple data addon that contains predefined locations for Herbalism and Mining. It is a load on demand addon, which means it is not actually loaded until you import data from it into Carbonite.

To import the data into Carbonite's gather data, you right click the Carbonite minimap button, select "Options" and select the Guide page of Options window. You would then left click the text that says "Import Carbonite Nodes Herbalism locations" to get the herbs and "Import Carbonite Nodes Mining locations" to get the mining data.

10-19-10, 03:57 PM   #3
love4stupidppl
A Black Drake

The problem with gas nodes, unlike Mine or Herb. Is that they float about. So you can detect them, but no addon can ever track "known" locations without being off by like 300yds.

10-19-10, 04:32 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite does track them, but like you say, they are probably not very accurate, but at least you have a general location to look for one.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Gas Nodes / Engineers