08-07-10, 05:28 AM   #1
Jordro
A Cyclonian
Casting bar

Hello yall. After WOW went to 3.3.5 I did as instructed, I renamed my interface to saved and my WTF to saved and went fresh with everything. At that time I opted not to get Quartz add on and NUI cast bar was working good. Then it occassionally would have the old bug of not showing while casting. While raiding last night it decided to not show the cast bar more than show.
Questing or runing heroics its not a big deal but during a raid I need this to function so i can time my spell casts. Also couple of times after wipes, i would be getting buffed but my buff panels would show a gray bar with my name in it but no buffs. I would click the bar a couple times and then it would show my buffs.
It would be cool to be able to minimize both my buff bars as well as the boss buff bar but not as a bug

08-07-10, 07:05 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There used to be an issue with the cast bar that caused it to disappear during a cast if you were interrupted. That improved significantly with a fix Scott did a long while back but still there. I probably have it disappear 1 in 10 times maybe more but I have never noticed it disappearing all the time.

As to using a cast bar addon I can't recall if there was an issue with doing that as well. I remember several posts regarding quartz so I don't recall what the eventual status was with these 2 comments. After all it was about a year or so ago when the problem was mentioned last.

Hmm, aura bars not appearing straight away ? I've never seen that issue at all. It could be just a loading order issue. Perhaps if you were in combat briefly when zoning in and the screen was updating its information but couldn't do everything at once due to combat lockdown.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 08-07-10 at 07:08 AM.

08-07-10, 12:40 PM   #3
Jordro
A Cyclonian
cast bar disappearing

The aura bars problem didnt show until after a wipe in ICC 25. I opted to run back so I could repair but no one was in combat. I teleported to the upper spire and ran to whichever boss we was on ( was a long night lol) everyone was buffing up yet the aura bars showed me with none. I clicked the grey bar with my name on it I think 3 times and then it popped up about 3/4 screen height with all my buffs.

I remember how the cast bars use to be a problem. Eventually I started using quartz because of it but it seemed to be fixed, until last night I only seen it not show most of a cast occassionally. But last night it was acting up badly. It might be a partial wow problem. Warcraft was acting wierd at the start of the raid and a lot of people was lagging out hard. A few even DC'd during Marrowgar. We wiped twice on him because of it, then everything started acting fine. The problem with the cast bar started on Blood council and we did Festergut and Rotface after that and the cast bars was still acting up. Today I was running another 80 and it was casting fine.

08-08-10, 08:35 AM   #4
Jordro
A Cyclonian
Last night doing ICC 10 hard modes on my mage, the cast bar was disappearing about every third cast, sometimes a couple casts in a row would not show the bar. Time to get quartz again

Good news is the aura bars didnt mess up at all.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Casting bar