10-30-10, 06:19 PM   #21
Nuggs
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This one is just my display set up. The monitors are actually different now with a widescreen as my main set up. Have my 360 running through my second one with a home made vga cable I made from an Cat5e cable.

these next pictures are crappy but i don't have access to my camera anymore. My setup is kind of ghetto since i moved and didn't have room to bring my table(newbs use desks lol j/k).

My system is a few years old now so it's almost time for an upgrade, I figure i'll get a new desk or table when i upgrade unless I score one off of craigslist for free.

8800GT 512mb
AMD 5600+ x2 clocked at 3.1ghz
4gb g.skill memory(2gbx2)
asus m2n sli deluxe
some crappy cpu which isn't that crappy actually
850w cosair PSU

If anyone wants to buy me some new hardware, feel free to. I'm poor atm. lol j/p
06-03-11, 02:16 PM   #22
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Here's the current setup, along with a pic of the old setup for comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2agt20w.jpg
Views:	787
Size:	461.7 KB
ID:	6229  Click image for larger version

Name:	zxr2c2.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	6230  

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
06-03-11, 06:29 PM   #23
Ither
A Firelord

I ended up doing an upgrade couple weeks ago to my monster test bench-- it found it's way back to a permanent case along with an additional watercooling setup strictly dedicated to my dual GTX 580 SC SLI video cards. I'm in heaven over here and ready for Battlefield 3, woot!

I also built it up for a flight simulator experience with Saitek Flight Pro equipment. I'm in school to get my private pilots license and IFR license so I can practice things in Flight Simulator X. It was really awesome to hear my instructor tell me to practice with that software, he recommends it to all his students.

Gallery link: http://gallery.me.com/stormwalker#10...lack&view=grid

I've pretty much exceeded the $6000 mark on this damn rig. The new Dell U3011 30 inch monitor with IPS showed up the other day. I'm still waiting on my Intel 990X and 24GB of Corsair Vengeance memory.

The whole rig uses bits power fittings with Black Ice 3x120 radiators and MCP655 pumps. CPU is ran with an HK 3.0 waterblock, chipset an EK full board X58 block, and GPU's with EK 580GTX+ waterblocks. One whole cooling setup runs the CPU and chipset with the other one handling my GPU's.

CPU idle 35c, load 41c
GPU idle 28c, load 40c

My office use to be a sweat box with my GPU's on air, now it's nothing. The case in itself has 19 fans total with 6 fans per radiator doing push/pull.

I seriously can't express how much I love this rig. It took me 3 years to build it up bit by bit until I reached my end result.

I have artwork being done for the sides and hope to get that in the next week or so. I hired an illustrator to do me a really awesome dark, death, destruction, evil, anarchy type theme since my rig is named LiquidKhaos. The whole thing glows red from the fans, it's really awesome looking at night!

Just for those who are curious-- WOW runs at 2560x1600 max settings; 145 fps and drops to 80fps in 25 man raids with zero lag. With the fiber-based network at my house the 28Mbps internet line gives me an awesome 30ms lag to the WOW servers.
06-03-11, 06:43 PM   #24
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Is that thar case a Mountain Mods UFO Duality? /droooooool

06-03-11, 06:46 PM   #25
Ither
A Firelord

Close.. it's the UFO U2 version.. I went with it because it comes out at 19" cube where as the duality is 19x19x24 and I didn't want a deep case. Everything fits "perfect" inside the 19" version.
06-03-11, 07:13 PM   #26
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Oh, wait, the Duality is the case for 2 motherboards, isn't?

I've been drooling over them ever since Maximum PC used one for Dream machine 2010.

06-03-11, 07:16 PM   #27
Ither
A Firelord

Yeah, sorry that's the same as my case except it's made to house two full-size ATX motherboards.

It's 18" cube, not 19" LOL.

Let me tell you this, even with just my single board and everything I have it's tight! Look at my gallery and you'll see.
06-04-11, 01:21 AM   #28
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by TheGeek View Post
I ended up doing an upgrade couple weeks ago to my monster test bench-- it found it's way back to a permanent case along with an additional watercooling setup strictly dedicated to my dual GTX 580 SC SLI video cards. I'm in heaven over here and ready for Battlefield 3, woot!

I also built it up for a flight simulator experience with Saitek Flight Pro equipment. I'm in school to get my private pilots license and IFR license so I can practice things in Flight Simulator X. It was really awesome to hear my instructor tell me to practice with that software, he recommends it to all his students.

Gallery link: http://gallery.me.com/stormwalker#10...lack&view=grid

I've pretty much exceeded the $6000 mark on this damn rig. The new Dell U3011 30 inch monitor with IPS showed up the other day. I'm still waiting on my Intel 990X and 24GB of Corsair Vengeance memory.

The whole rig uses bits power fittings with Black Ice 3x120 radiators and MCP655 pumps. CPU is ran with an HK 3.0 waterblock, chipset an EK full board X58 block, and GPU's with EK 580GTX+ waterblocks. One whole cooling setup runs the CPU and chipset with the other one handling my GPU's.

CPU idle 35c, load 41c
GPU idle 28c, load 40c

My office use to be a sweat box with my GPU's on air, now it's nothing. The case in itself has 19 fans total with 6 fans per radiator doing push/pull.

I seriously can't express how much I love this rig. It took me 3 years to build it up bit by bit until I reached my end result.

I have artwork being done for the sides and hope to get that in the next week or so. I hired an illustrator to do me a really awesome dark, death, destruction, evil, anarchy type theme since my rig is named LiquidKhaos. The whole thing glows red from the fans, it's really awesome looking at night!

Just for those who are curious-- WOW runs at 2560x1600 max settings; 145 fps and drops to 80fps in 25 man raids with zero lag. With the fiber-based network at my house the 28Mbps internet line gives me an awesome 30ms lag to the WOW servers.
Damn.... your a insane dude. ^^ im so jelly =(
06-04-11, 05:55 AM   #29
aceman67
A Theradrim Guardian

I just recently got a new case for my computer, but at the moment, due to the way my Desk is set up, getting a good screenshot of it is a little inconvenient.

NEwho, this is my case:

Antec 600

Computer specs

Asus M4A88T-V EVO/USB3
AMD Athlon II X3 455 3.3Ghz, 1.5MB Total Cache, 4th Core Unlocked (Coolmaster Hyper 101 Heatsync)
8GB Ram (Kingston DDR3 x4)
ATi Radeon 4650HD 512MB by Gigabyte (I got a soft spot for this little card, its taken everything I've put it through and keeps on truck'n, I'll be sad when it goes)

Yes, not the best in the world, but it plays pretty much anything I've yet to throw at it, and at the moment, that's Mass Effect 2, Sims 3, WoW, Rift, STO, The Witcher 2, and Black Ops.

There are some things I need to upgrade, like the video card, and my primary hard-drive (Pro-Tip: Don't get cheap 80-dollar 1TB drives from Best Buy... Its crapping out a month after its warranty expired, least I've got everything Backed up). Thinking about going Solid State... Any recommendations for someone on a budget?

Last edited by aceman67 : 06-04-11 at 06:04 AM.
06-04-11, 10:24 AM   #30
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
This isn't so much a screenie as it is a wish list, but oh well I've been using a 2007 13.3" MacBook for the past couple of years, and I'm pretty tired of not being able to run ANYTHING. So, I put together a computer on Newegg which I intend to buy (once I acquire the funds, of course.)

This SHOULD be able to run anything under the sun, as far as games are concerned, which would make me a VERY happy camper

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=15933305
06-04-11, 12:22 PM   #31
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

I'm between rigs at the moment. This little gem of an interim is my Stinkpad™ with custom cooling solution (the Cookie Rack 3000 )...

Hey it works. And yes I wow on the touchpad...I actually prefer it now (I can 360 in AV with the best of em! ).
06-08-11, 12:23 AM   #32
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Aprikot View Post
I'm between rigs at the moment. This little gem of an interim is my Stinkpad™ with custom cooling solution (the Cookie Rack 3000 )...

Hey it works. And yes I wow on the touchpad...I actually prefer it now (I can 360 in AV with the best of em! ).
haha. Go an buy a computer man!
06-08-11, 08:16 AM   #33
ravends33
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

MY rig

Currently this is what I got going.
Nothing to special really. Both are about the same.
Q6600 @ 3.2
Evga GTS 450
4gb Balistix ram
bout 2TB of hard drives
Other standard stuff.

I am currently working on a replacement for the one inside the 900 case. It will be LCS and all that. hope to be finished soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	719
Size:	354.5 KB
ID:	6248  Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	480.4 KB
ID:	6249  Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	430.8 KB
ID:	6250  Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	417.0 KB
ID:	6251  

06-08-11, 12:41 PM   #34
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Someone needs a good dusting! :P

Fear my Aim, for it be True, Swfit, and Deadly!
06-08-11, 02:35 PM   #35
ravends33
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Landrell View Post
Someone needs a good dusting! :P
I know...=(
06-09-11, 11:45 AM   #36
AlleyKat
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

06-09-11, 12:54 PM   #37
Dawn
A Molten Giant

You make me want to hurt my laptop!

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

06-10-11, 04:15 AM   #38
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Oh dear god... the horror.
06-10-11, 06:09 AM   #39
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
Oh dear god... the horror.
Yes, indeed! :c You supposed to handle your computer as your wife/husbad.. you threat it like it would be grabaged. lol
06-11-11, 12:22 PM   #40
AlleyKat
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

I found it under table after half year of working on it
It`s clean right now:

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Screenies of your RIG!