06-29-09, 03:52 PM   #1
Rhamses
A Theradrim Guardian
Combat Icon

Sometimes I am a dot-Lock. The melee can be hectic, so sometimes I like to tab. One of the dangers of tabbing is that wow can find a unit that is not in combat, but near enough to target.

I would like to avoid the adds.

Is there a way to enlarge the Combat Icon? The Combat Icon is more important to me than the health bar. SO, I do not care if it overlaps the higher percentages of the bars

Rhamses

06-29-09, 04:10 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, looking at the layout files Solo, Party and Raid10 layouts have a section that covers the size of the icon. You can change it and see how it works. You may need to move it as well which would be in the same area.

Files to look at in each case are:
nUI_UnitSkin_Raid10Target.lua
nUI_UnitSkin_PartyTarget.lua
nUI_UnitSkin_SoloTarget.lua

And the block of code to look for ( an example from the Solo version is here ) looks like the below. The size value should be all you need to change but you might need to fiddle with the yOfs and xOfs if the size effects the positioning:

Code:
		["Combat"] =
		{
			anchor =
			{
				anchor_pt   = "TOPLEFT",
				relative_to = "$parent_Portrait",
				xOfs = 0,
				yOfs = -2.5,
			},		
			options =
			{
				enabled = true,
				size    = 35,
				inset   = 0,
				strata  = nil,
				level   = 2,
			},
		},
Of course .. if it is the 25Raid version you are working with then that isn't there but if I recall correctly from other posts by Scott that you can add the appropriate block in but I've not done that myself to confirm whether its possible.

06-29-09, 05:23 PM   #3
Rhamses
A Theradrim Guardian
Thanks, I will look into it. I will make the change to the solo. Even when I am in a party, I often play in solo. As a lock, I kinda fly solo. 8 ). If a mob breaks melee and closes on a caster, it is pretty obvious to me when priests are getting pounded

Rhamses

06-30-09, 01:36 PM   #4
Rhamses
A Theradrim Guardian
I played around with this and got it to work. I also noticed that the image could be modified to be the portrait or the model. I like the Model. Maybe I will try and modify the panels so they are not top bottom, but side by side.

Rhamses

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Customizing Layouts » Combat Icon