08-19-09, 02:58 AM   #1
Semhirage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Simple HuD adding 2 customizations

Extremely new to editing lua, but not to hacking my way about to change things up.

2 things i'm trying to find/figure out.

1) I love the simple hud, and after you convinced me, I LOVE LOVE LOVE, the health race bar, but i've started playing a new warrior and I keep missing out on how much rage i have unless i use the full hud. That said, i'm reading through and trying to sort of copy the health race bar (sans the race part) for "power" (rage/energy/rune power/mana) just under the healthrace bar. I imagine I want to work this into nUI\Bars\nui_HealthRace.lua ?

2) Since i'm a fan of the simple hud, i sometimes miss when i've been debuffed, either by another player or an npc, I was thinking if there was some way to put debuffs in a bar just above the health-race, i'm guessing for this I want to muck about in nui_HUDSkin_NoBars_Player.lua correct? If this is the case I think i sort of see how to go about it. I'll keep breaking things.

EDIT: after closer i inspection i see this is already mostly implemented, and I see where/how its done, should be easy to tweak i think. kudos.

Any tips/advice/commentary shunning for ruining your most amazing masterpiece are much appreciated. I'll keep you posted with anything I accomplish.

Last edited by Semhirage : 08-19-09 at 04:03 AM.

08-19-09, 04:35 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you're running the current version of nUI, you should already have your auras and the target's auras in the simple HUD. The only thing you would need to do is tp add you rage bar... which I would recommend location above the health-race, not under it, so it does not conflict with the casting bar (which also shows the GCD/swing timer which is so important to a warrior)

You really do not need to write any new code to add the rage bar to the HUD. The only thing you should need to do is to edit [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > HUDLayouts > NoBars > nUI_HUDSkin_NoBars_Player.lua ] and add a ["Power"] section to it. You should be able to copy the power section from the [Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > UnitPanels > Solo > nUI_UnitSkin_Solo_Player.lua ] file and just edit it as required to work with the HUD... probably remove the text labels and modify the anchor to position it correctly and that should be about all.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Customizing Layouts » Simple HuD adding 2 customizations